• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

Catvoca

Banned
That's a good post Dragonz. It hasn't convinced me you're not scummy, but it's definitely convinced me that we should wait on lynching you and lynch an inactive instead. You're response to my post seemed honest (although maybe I'm just being naive this time) and it's all pretty consistent with what you'e posted before. So I'll unvote.

Unvote: Wherearemahdragonz

It's going to have to happen sooner or later. Voting anyone but the "main wagons" at the end of the day is generally scummy.

It is a good idea to have a few people under real pressure backed by actual game mechanics (more than 1 or 2 votes) before the very end of the day so that in the event there is a claim or some other huge drama there is time to deal with it.

I am up for voting euphemism, Exodu5, MattyG, dusk... I want to work on a little consolidating.

I can see that. With so many inactives I feel like we have to do something right? What everyone's doing now obviously isn't working. If I had to pick an inactive I'd vote Dust, I've said before I didn't like his opening posts and his general lack of activity despite the fact it seems like he's reading the thread is suspect to me.

batsnacks

Okay I don't think dusk is the "worst" inactive I think that would be euphemism. but I agree with what kingkitty said about dusk re: hyperactivity was trying to trick newbs into role claiming.

Catvoca

Banned
Oh and yeah, Euphemism is another inactive poster who's small amount of posts also hint at scum play. I don't mind voting for him.

Oh, Catvoca. Very disappointing and suspicious activity. To vote someone and then pull it immediately after a rant like Dragonz just posted, after you made such a good case.

Shit, I've been calling Dusk Dust this whole time. Sorry!

GgUp1v7.png

Dragonz, the whole reason I didn't mention you sooner is because I didn't want to bandwagon you and do scum's work for them. But honestly you've been kind of suspicious and after Catvoca made that case, I figured it was time to throw down a vote.

I'm not sure how it'd be considered a weak vote. When I voted Stackpole I gave my reasons, just as I did for you. It wasn't an idle threat, and as such you're keeping my vote until somebody else gains more suspicion from me, like maybe Catvoca who folded his vote like a cheap lawn chair in a summer breeze.

Also where the fuck is Tar-Miriel? I ordered this martini for her hours ago! Now it's getting all warm and who knows who's been sipping it.

Catvoca

Banned
Oh, Catvoca. Very disappointing and suspicious activity. To vote someone and then pull it immediately after a rant like Dragonz just posted, after you made such a good case.

I mean I still think Dragonz has acted scummy, I just think it's more productive right now to put pressure on less-active posters. If Dragonz is lynched and ends up flipping town it sucks since she's really trying to post and could be helpful to town. If Euphmism or Dusk or Matty flips town it doesn't really impact us, and there's about as much chance as them flipping scum as Dragonz no matter what my D1 reads are. Andsas I said, there was something about her response to me that seemed honest, and she was actually remarkably consistent based on her previous thoughts. I feel like scum might be more defensive or start changing their story a little when put under pressure but she was solid as a rock.

batsnacks

Who's cat? And it seems like you keep moving back and forth on people. Trying to start a bandwagon, huh.

Yeah, you're doing great.

There are a few people I'm fine with voting. I think a bandwagon would be really useful right now to get some actual pressure and defenses going.

catvoca said he would vote dusk. So did ouro, and kingkitty is already voting him.

Haha, holy shit, after some people mentioned euphemism I did a little back reading, and he's been invisible. three goddamn posts, and only one barely any substance.

I did find it funny that this was posted:
Euphemism, post if you're town.
...and Euphemism didn't post for nearly a whole 24 hours from that point. Case closed!

I mean I still think Dragonz has acted scummy, I just think it's more productive right now to put pressure on less-active posters. If Dragonz is lynched and ends up flipping town it sucks since she's really trying to post and could be helpful to town. If Euphmism or Dusk or Matty flips town it doesn't really impact us, and there's about as much chance as them flipping scum as Dragonz no matter what my D1 reads are. Andsas I said, there was something about her response to me that seemed honest, and she was actually remarkably consistent based on her previous thoughts. I feel like scum might be more defensive or start changing their story a little when put under pressure but she was solid as a rock.

?
Why do you keep lumping me in with the low-activity posters, when players like Stackpole, tomakas, Barry, and Retroid are MIA?

batsnacks

bat how bout a timetokill or retroid vote

can I convince you with snacks

timetokill is new
I think this is how Retroid plays every game especially the no lynch stuff.

I would rather make some progress on the more talked about people so that we can either find reasons to move on or lynch them and move on that way.

Catvoca

Banned
?
Why do you keep lumping me in with the low-activity posters, when players like Stackpole, tomakas, Barry, and Retroid are MIA?

It feels like you're never involved in the discussion here. You had you're posts with Hyper and then it's mostly fluff. Like there's been a decent amount happening these last few pages and you don't comment on any of that. I think that's low activity. Maybe I should stop lumping you in with the people who have posted nothing recently though, you are a little different to those, you're not MIA.

It feels like you're never involved in the discussion here. You had you're posts with Hyper and then it's mostly fluff. Like there's been a decent amount happening these last few pages and you don't comment on any of that. I think that's low activity. Maybe I should stop lumping you in with the people who have posted nothing recently though, you are a little different to those, you're not MIA.

I personally try not to get too invested the Day1 #scumhunt.

If pretty much never leads to scum getting lynched, and most of our discourse is going to be thrown out the window 12 hours before the deadline when everyone suddenly notices how much AbsolutBro has flown under the radar.

Retroid

I would rather make some progress on the more talked about people so that we can either find reasons to move on or lynch them and move on that way.

This is the kind of thinking that is why we should be saving ourselves for today. If we are going to be killing someone today, the reasoning probably won't be great and there probably won't be great reasoning to not kill them. The only thing stopping people today is the thought that if someone posted a lot today, they are probably worth saving which I think is kind of silly. If we are going through with this, for me it would have to be between Ourobolus and TheExodu5. Both are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to their actions today. I also think Ourobolus could become a burden to myself down the line as our play styles don't exactly match.

Ourobolus

Banned
ok so last night i was roleplaying a bit *hic* so i realized that i probably didn't read everything as thoroughly as i should have. decided to go back and take another look

so apologies if i am rehashing old arguments

====1. In Which We Discuss if it Should be "IIII" or "IV" on a Clock====

originally i didn't like that timetokill suddenly stopped being a major topic of discussion, despite us talking about all of the "inactives"

granted, he's not the most inactive or anything, but it felt strange, so i started with that and went back to read. he give his first vote on stackpoleh under the guise of "randomness," which I've never been a fan of
high-five!
. If timetokill ever flips scum, I'm gonna take a look a bit harder at stackpoleh, and vice-versa (although stackpoleh gets a thumbs-up for an alice and bob reference)

====2. Nostalgioid for Retroid====

i kinda forgot about retroid's adamant stance on no-lynching and how he's arguing that we can get information by doing so. now this is a bit of WIFOM but retroid knows that no lynching is more of a townie statement (in theory - i mean, what if you hit town? gasp) and he also should be aware of how silly his stance is. i don't like it.

he also is uncomfortable with my playstyle
what playstyle
sickreads™ and awesomeness are not a playstyle
it's a way of life

also he was on a team with blarg before, so i'm assuming we aren't on the same team here

I guess what I am trying to say is, I don't like killing people day one, but if a role claim occurs, a day one kill might be okay. In order of what I would like to happen:

1. NK
2. Someone is clearly scum/detremental to town, kill them
3. Role Claim with Kill
4. Kill based on randomness

this is just weird. like, what is #3 even supposed to mean
if we lynch someone today we have a chance to hit scum
if we don't lynch someone today we have no chance to hit scum

statistics boiiiiii

====3. Why Ya Gotta be so Rute? Don't You Know I'm Townie Toooooo====

day one read lists

wow

day one reads list

i don't really get his reads list. it's mostly about activity levels, which, sure, fine, it's a day one reads list. but there's not a whole lot of substance there within those words

also has a ridiculous theory about me and hyper being scumbuddies

as if

i'll admit that kyan is really more of a hunch from me, but he's giving me pause and despite it being a gut thing at this point, i'll keep poring over his posts for now

Retroid

i kinda forgot about retroid's adamant stance on no-lynching and how he's arguing that we can get information by doing so. now this is a bit of WIFOM but retroid knows that no lynching is more of a townie statement (in theory - i mean, what if you hit town? gasp) and he also should be aware of how silly his stance is. i don't like it.

he also is uncomfortable with my playstyle
what playstyle
sickreads™ and awesomeness are not a playstyle
it's a way of life

also he was on a team with blarg before, so i'm assuming we aren't on the same team here

this is just weird. like, what is #3 even supposed to mean
if we lynch someone today we have a chance to hit scum
if we don't lynch someone today we have no chance to hit scum

statistics boiiiiii

I'm not sure if that is true. In my first game my stance on day one left me with a lot of problems. Most people do like to kill on the first day.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm not sure if that is true. In my first game my stance on day one left me with a lot of problems. Most people do like to kill on the first day.

i really don't think we can use a shred of what happened in harry potter as a barometer for...well pretty much anything

Ok guys, sorry i'm LTTP. I will post more tomorrow when i finish reading all these pages. Got through about 7 this afternoon but it was so nice outside i had to take a break. Also i hope there is no carding in this bar because you might find i'd have to to thrown out. (this is not in fact a mafia related metaphor but just a true fact)
Anyway, lovely to be here with you all and i shall be back soon.

Top Bottom