• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

I entirely thought the brexit joke was on cabawl's behalf as a way to not show the link to the scum thread (as was done before in other games). Why do you assume her kill is seperate from the faction kill?

Anyway, care to give out a readlist? Top town/scum?

I guess this is a meta reason, but every game I've played before has explicitly called it a "faction kill" but here it just says she can kill one person a night. With no restrictions listed.

Similar with the link to scum chat. Typically the link would be redacted. But here it explicitly says she doesn't have access.

Moderators don't normally lie about that stuff, or omit details like that.

Give me a few minutes for the read list.

Town

Mazre
Zeemumu

Scum

Hyperactivy - for his D1 OP, and his attempt last night to steer votes away from WAMD

Timetokill - Claiming to be a tracker and seeing no movement from WAMD at night. I don't think he's telling the truth about that.

BarryLocke- consistently tunnelled on WAMD but would always take his vote elsewhere at the end of the day. Like he wanted us to "know" he was against WAMD but didn't want to vote her out.

These are my top reads anyway at the moment.

Day 2 vote was really close. Ouro was town and TTK is pretty much confirmed town. Scum wouldn't be sad if either died, but was TTK breadcrumbing his role? Would scum try to swing the vote his way, for fear of a PR?

Also note zero votes on WAMD at the end of Day 2. Barry switched to Ouro. Timeaisis switched to Exo. TTK votes for WAMD twice before his vote settles on Exo, then Ouro.

BarryLocke- consistently tunnelled on WAMD but would always take his vote elsewhere at the end of the day. Like he wanted us to "know" he was against WAMD but didn't want to vote her out.
Umm...

FINAL TALLY:

wherearemahdragonz (4)
hyperactivity 205 (335)
catvoca 655 (703)
timetokill 656
tomakasatnav 910 (913)
tomakasatnav 913
catvoca 1147
*splinter 1158 (1186)
barrylocke 1160

Where is the unvote?

I'll admit that even now my thoughts have focused on WAMD and exudu5 but neither seem to be going anywhere.

Unvote: WhereAreMahDragonz
I unvoted her here because there was no serious traction for her to die at that stage with hours to go. Id rather my vote go on a person who actually has a chance to die (unless it's me of course) (I was incorrect about Exo not having traction, he gained it while I was making the post)

I unvoted her here because there was no serious traction for her to die at that stage with hours to go. Id rather my vote go on a person who actually has a chance to die (unless it's me of course) (I was incorrect about Exo not having traction, he gained it while I was making the post)

You say that, but on D3 when there was almost enough traction to get her turboed you were missing in action...

Interesting pieces of info we got from WAMDs RolePM:

i. Apparently WAMD didn't have access to the scum chat.

-This is interesting because it implies she had to communicate with her teammates through code within this thread.

ii. She had a killing ability separate from the faction kill.

-Since her kill command mentions nothing about the faction kill, I have to assume it's an ability independent from her teammates. It's possible that on night one Kitty didn't use his execute command and that 2 players were successfully killed by scum. That in turn would mean that exodu5 was likely able to save one of night 2's targets with his doctor role. (though we have no way of knowing who he tried to save at this point. It was probably just crab anyway.)

iii. The redacted information most likely is how WAMD knew who her teammates were.

And if it's true that WAMD didn't have access to scum chat. That immediately puts Hyperactivity's D1 OP under suspicion .

Timetokill is also suspicious, as his tracking ability didn't pick up her night movements. I highly doubt she just sat on her ability and didn't use it.

... huh?

i. She says she had access to the scum chat, after she was lynched. She has no reason to lie about that at that point, not to mention I doubt the mods would allow it to sit unchecked if it was a lie post-lynch. Her post: "I'm not seein' it, I only have scum chat" Not to mention the role was obviously mod-edited for the Brexit nonsense.

ii. Are you sure? Having a special kill move certainly makes the rest of her role text nonsensical. She's a GOON. "You have no other abilities. Bummer! Drink your sorrows away, friendo." That doesn't sound like text you'd write if you got a special ability like an extra kill.

iii. We don't know what was redacted but I agree it's probably a scum team list. I guess it could be something else but I have no idea what it could be otherwise. Maybe it's the mysterious "handler," loooool

The reason I didn't pick up her movements is because she had no abilities whatsoever, let alone the ones she was claiming to have.

Actually your null results on WAMD mean that she didn't perform the faction kill on those two nights.

Anyway, who'd you track last night?

If I say, wouldn't that limit my ability to sniff out additional scum? Love to hear the group's thoughts on that. I get why you'd ask but at the same time I don't imagine it's the best play for town.

Meanwhile I'm positive scum wants to know.

Timeaisis

I. Why do we
II. Keep posting
III. Like this

In seriousness though, after looking through Gorlak's post history, he's my #1. He's either extremely unlucky in his reads, or he's scum.

TTK checks out for me. Why would scum TTK go against WAMD at the beginning of the last day phase? Unless you think scum was really gonig hardcore to bus her (or ttk). But that seems just...not smart. TTK will continue to give us info over the course of the game, which we can call him out on if need be. For now, he seems pretty town to me. Or at least a tracker that wanted to help us lynch scum yesterday.

Who else...uh Hyper I guess still for D1 shenanigans, but I've cooled off a lot since then. Batsnacks in just the general "batsnacks always feels scummy" sort of way.

That's all for now.

SalvaPot

Hey, just checking in to let you guys know that Golark is ovb maf... also been busy with life stuff, I am selling a shitton of Funko POP and Nendoroid figures, got our second store relocated against our wishes by administration, my gf is moving to japan in a week because she got job there (yay! Hope I can follow her in a few months), and my bunnies are pooping everywhere for some reason.

Hey, just checking in to let you guys know that Golark is ovb maf... also been busy with life stuff, I am selling a shitton of Funko POP and Nendoroid figures, got our second store relocated against our wishes by administration, my gf is moving to japan in a week because she got job there (yay! Hope I can follow her in a few months), and my bunnies are pooping everywhere for some reason.
Any Estelle or Marth or Shiren the Wanderer figures?

batsnacks

Batsnacks in just the general "batsnacks always feels scummy" sort of way.

L87FqaI.jpg

Gorlak

Banned
The game as a whole lacks readlists, even though the majority will be bad and wrong, they give us at least something to work with. So I urge everyone to give out a list, or at the minimum name your two top scum and two top town.

Scum
batsnacks (very much a gut read, contributed a lot day1 and less active the following phases, feels like he survives from a "non-suspicious" day1 play, will look more into him soon)
hyper (overreaction, dragonz bus, overall truly scummy player)

Town
ttk (went in hard on dragonz, could've been a bus, but I doubt it)
dusk (confirmed, no questions, easy option to stack up your town list)

People so inactive, I doubt they really want to play
(there are probably at least two scum hiding in inactivity, and it works everytime :( )
mazre
toma
retroid
zeemumu
mattyg
barrylocke

This leaves me with:
kyan (town?)
lp (town?)
salva (the obvious one)
nin (the bad player)
timeaisis (scum?)

I deem Kyan and Lone as good players whose contributions are not alignment indicative. If you watch them closely over the game they could be town. Or they could be scum. It's really hard for me to evaluate their true intentions. Kyan has tuned down the shitposting (we have salva for that now...), but I fear being played. LP provides his insight and logic as usual. I'd lean slightly town on both for now.
Salva ... feels like he isn't even a part of the game. Posts stupid things all the time, very disconnected to the rest of the players. From "I killed exodu5" to "vote somebody without a reason and disappear" he's made every move to try to gain tremendous suspicion, yet nobody cares. I don't know, even though he tries hard, I can't say I'm leaning scum on him atm.
Ah well, Nin. The worst player I've ever seen in a game. He's either blatantly obvious scum trying to steer the game in wrong directions OR he's a really stupid townie.
I agree with kyan that timeaisis looks suspicious, he also feels like he's trying to not get too much attention. Similar to bats he got his D1 actions and tuned down a lot. Have to look into him more, very slight scum read. This isn't an omgus reaction to your opinion on me, I want to focus on Hyper today, but since you have been brought up, I can offer my opinion as well. So how about you give out a much more detailed view on why I'm scum other than "he's either extremely unlucky or scum"?

I'm very much aware of the trio Salva, Batsnacks and Timeaisis pushing in my direction now and I'm confident scum is among them. I don't plan to get lynched today.

TTK did you follow me? If so name my target please. Otherwise I'd like these three players to give their opinion on Hyper and Bats himself. Thank you for your cooperation.

nin1000

Banned
You cant touch this Gorlak.
nd2i6fy5dp3uzqne9kwl.jpg

The more you hate me, the more i grow. At least i can survive 2 more nights.

workout-sucks-thin-guy.jpg

You on the other hand cant say this.

lol

Gorlak

Banned
eh, nevermind then

Does this settle your theory? No extra faction kill, access to scum chat. Dragonz was a goon / ordinary member of scum, who didn't execute the kill because she was under suspicion from Day 1. Let's get back to scumhunting.

Did your opinion on ttk change?

Why do you think Mazre is town? All he did yesterday was posting "I'm willing to see where this batsnacks thing is going" and disappearing. Anything in particular that makes you read him town?

Same with Zeemumu, also a replacement and a blind spot in my view. Can't remember anything he said.

Gorlak

Banned
Nin, what do you think of the other players in the game? Anyone suspicious or worth seeing as town? Share your opinion, please.

Mazre

VOTE: hyperactivity

No smoking gun but a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

Of the remainder from day 1 I'd put order of scuminess at hyper > kyan > bats

That said I'd say there's still a decent chance of none of those 3 actually being scum, day 1 data is always subject to heavy noise.

Town:
Dusk
TTK
nin1000
timeaisis

nin1000

Banned
Nin, what do you think of the other players in the game? Anyone suspicious or worth seeing as town? Share your opinion, please.

i mean everyone makes mistakes. I understand that you were suspicious of Crab being mafia since he is one hell of a good player, since his death you at least acknowledged his powers and therefore dusk being town.

The thing with most players here in this game is that they barely post. Therefore it is almost impossible for me to get a hang out of them.

Scum
hyper
Zeemumu

Town
dusk

Null reads
mazre
toma
retroid
mattyg
barrylocke (scummy)
Gorlak

i will now reveal my voting list for the following days.

Today -> Hyperactive
Tomorrow -> Zeemumu
The following day -> Barrylocke.

from then on i am vunerable and i doubt will be able to vote since i will be dead :(

Mazre

If I say, wouldn't that limit my ability to sniff out additional scum? Love to hear the group's thoughts on that. I get why you'd ask but at the same time I don't imagine it's the best play for town.

Meanwhile I'm positive scum wants to know.

Quintessential investigative role dilemma. Do you hold information hoping to catch scum in a lie or do you disclose as soon as possible due to risk of death?

If you think the information will help us in this phase early disclosure is preferred. If not you then need to decide if it's worth disclosing this phase at all weighed against your possible death the next night phase.

There are other considerations like seeing if anybody is consistently waiting for your results to post new reads/info, or the risk of revealing a town PR.

nin1000

Banned
Quintessential investigative role dilemma. Do you hold information hoping to catch scum in a lie or do you disclose as soon as possible due to risk of death?

If you think the information will help us in this phase early disclosure is preferred. If not you then need to decide if it's worth disclosing this phase at all weighed against your possible death the next night phase.

There are other considerations like seeing if anybody is consistently waiting for your results to post new reads/info, or the risk of revealing a town PR.

I can understand him on one side but since no one is talking, no one can be caught in a lie.
lol
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Body-Building-Photos-25.jpg

nin1000

Banned
hmm mazre AkA Catcova.
Catcova was giving me some vibes.
You on the other hand dont.

Its almost like a cheat since you are playing different from the way he did.

Well played.

Does this settle your theory? No extra faction kill, access to scum chat. Dragonz was a goon / ordinary member of scum, who didn't execute the kill because she was under suspicion from Day 1. Let's get back to scumhunting.

Did your opinion on ttk change?
Yeah my suspicions of those 2 were mainly based on my misinterpreting Dragonz role card.

Why do you think Mazre is town? All he did yesterday was posting "I'm willing to see where this batsnacks thing is going" and disappearing. Anything in particular that makes you read him town?

Same with Zeemumu, also a replacement and a blind spot in my view. Can't remember anything he said.

I thought Catvoca's general playstyle came across as extremely town, and nothing Mazre has done since entering the game has contradicted that gut read.

Zeemumu I think is town for his extreme tunneling on D2. Scum players I feel don't usually play that aggressively or give strong opinions.

Kyanrute

Let us begin with the feelings list:

Townies:

Dusk Soldier - Cleared by Crab and I can’t see why there would be a Godfather in a game with a 1 shot cop.
nin1000 - A feeling based on his cooperative though tad cryptic behavior.
Mazre - Bit of a soft read, Catvoca did not ring any bells and neither does Mazre so far. The vote record past day one is bit iffy though.
Gorlak - His suspicion towards Crab seemed like towny suspicion. Up until now, scum have been playing somewhat conservatively, going for safe kills. Were Gorlak scum, his behavior towards Crab would’ve been very daring indeed, considering that when Crab or Dusk Soldier would be flipped, the other would instantly gain #townpoints, thus making Gorlak look bad.
timetokill - His information or scum will clear him for us.

Scummies:

batsnacks - A feel and his vote record put him here. #scumpoints for d1 vote. He bussed dragonz too but that can be used against many.
SalvaPot - Scum or ordinary town trolling for lols. Final votes on townies and Gorlak. Entertained No Lynch on d1 but I think it is impossible to tell how serious this was.
Retroid - No Lynch, townie, nothing. Hardly any contributions. Competes with MattyG for the scum inactive trophy.
Zeemumu - Bad vote record, strange reasons for voting Ouro and ttk.
Hyperactivity - He too gets #scumpoints for the d1 vote. #2137 looks bad in hindsight. He argued openly for conservative scum play (what feel is true), could this be him trying to establish a cover for himself, since he’s been rather active?

Unknownies:

MattyG - Townie, nothing, a late vote on dragonz. Lean more towards scum but would like to flip Retroid first because I think it is more likely only one of them is scum.
Timeaisis - Not feeling bad about him but his vote record ain’t all rosy.
tomakasatnav - No feels, votes meh.
Lone_Prodigy - No feels, votes not that good.
Barrylocke - No feels, votes here and there.

I see at least two ways to proceed with the vote. The first is Gorlak’s day one vote list, bats, myself and Hyper. Since dragonz almost died on day one, it is fair to assume that scum would’ve tried to prevent that with more than one person. Here, the most suspicious in my opinion is Hyper with his last minute vote.

The second way is to look at the weird fuckery that was Ouro’s lynch. As bats so eloquently puts it in #1943, the various reasons that people came up with were strange. Here the candidates are (excluding Dusk “Town” Soldier and ttk) Zeemumu, Retroid, Barrylocke and Salvapot. Interestingly enough, some of the less active members made this list and I imagine there is scum here too. Quick scroll through the posts tells me that none of the included people did explain their vote on Ouro on day three when asked.

Kyanrute

Then some other things in a separate post because not everyone understands the superiority of megaposts.

Gorlak, did you mention why you did not have a vote at the end of day 3? If no, could you explain please?

Ttk, the track thing. Contribute as much as you can, sadly you alone know the value of your information. Since you are not outright revealing it, I can assume you were not able to contradict someone else in the same way you did for dragonz. There is a hint of suspicion in my mind still about you, so I hope you can contribute something.

nin1000

Banned
The thing is, since i know how a tracker thinks.
Ttk just has no information but whants to let everyone think that he might have valuable information.
IF he had valuable information , he would have already said something.

Trust me on this.

If Tkk now comes forward and says "but...but.... he moved!" it will look , in my eyes like a lie.

batsnacks

I'm not feeling like my voting record is any better or worse than anyone else's except the few people who consistently scum read WMD since day 1. I have voted for reasons that are my own and pushed my reads especially on the first two days... WMD was sort of a gimme but even then I took a strong stance and l like everything I said regarding WMD and hyperactivity.

batsnacks

Maybe im paranoid but I think I've read 3ish different people call me out specifically based on my votes and I'm just not seeing how my voting has been worse than the next person.

Top Bottom