• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

Gorlak

Banned
Nah, I was expecting that late attack. The whole day we got nothing. A few early mentions "oh look at him" and 72 hours of nothingness and *boom* we got a non existing case against me out of nowhere.

unvote

I want you people to come up with a real reason I could be scum, show me the suspicious things I've done, come up with something more than "BANDWAGGONER" which isn't even true.

Gorlak

Banned
As I said I expect scum within these people:

corn
bats
kyan

the implication with bats makes barry suspicious, he would also fit the role of a coasting scum. totally dependent on bats alignment. the mason claim came out of nowhere unasked for.

If corn is neutral and his fake ID's very much point towards this idea - it's either kyan or bats. I want the help the neutral, but don't want to risk too much for town. Scum has a far bigger incentive to kill of corn. Thus the trio above will be looked at tomorrow.

Meaning we should lynch somebody completely different today? Looks like my mind is telling me this right now. My leads were all I got to this point. Gut feeling says timeaisis, can't support with arguments.

Maybe a look into the inactives is an option.

Look into my posts once I flip. There were certain people pushing me today. REMEMBER ME.

Anyway I remembered there was an odd post from barry, will look into it

batsnacks

I think the Gorlak votes are not a good thing right now, I'll be happy to give a read on him later that will include thoughts on things like: him wasting his vote for the first two phases he was in the game, him tunneling me for two phases without a reason, him singling me out and scum reading me for reasons that apply to most people, him scum reading all of our confirmed towns before they flipped, etc.

Please consider what is happening with hyperactivity/cornburrito:
  • They were only person with votes and were halfway to majority, they were widely scum read, hyperactivity had suspicious interactions with WMD.
  • They claimed a neutral role that needs JUST ONE MORE NIGHT and then they can TOTALLY HELP TOWN as long as a BUNCH of stuff goes just right.
  • Now people want to trust widely-scum-read-neutral-claim-cornburrito.

Gorlak

Banned
Vote: Gorlak

What is troubling to me about gorlak is that he constantly switches target to the one who is most likely to be voted out by town at the moment, he is the ultimate bandwaggoner and I don't think its a townie play. He is scum.

I already deconstructed your reasoning above. You hounded me all game all days. You never came up with anything concrete. The first time you do it's bullshit. You are just using the favorable tide to succeed in your quest to get me lynched. Please provide a real reason why I am scum.

Hermano. I share those thoughts.
Nin. How about you come up with an argument against me? You voted me at day start, that was a beginning. Is there anything left in that previous vote, that makes you think I'm scum now? As shown Salva's argument can't have convinced you.

I think that maybe Gorlak is scum and he wants to pre-agree with a theory that has been said already by someone that the town may turn to kill. (Batsnacks was the main pusher of the arson theory, both here and in our chat). Then when Bats or me flip town, he can go "too bad, maybe now we should look at cornburrito since we have no other leads".

Your reasoning is actually: Gorlak is scum. He agrees with a (supposed) townie, he wants to get lynched as well, to lynch the (supposed) neutral afterwards. Can't argue with that. Game is as easy as that, you got me. I'm still town.

I mean, it's a stretch but it is possible. But you are right, Gorlak has been bandwagony for the entire game. It really does seem like he jumps on anyone he think could have steam.

Right now I'm between a vote for Gorlak, CB and Bats. I've been leaning Gorlak since the beginning of the day (and I still do), so I'll go that way now.

SHOW ME THE STEAMING JUMPS apart from my first day (d2). I WAS THE ONE TO PROVIDE A CASE AGAINST HYPER YOU EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED AS GOOD. Show me all the bandwaggoning behaviour. Go on, look for it.

Come on, accuse me of being scum because I doubted Crab! This is what we all want to see again.

batsnacks

I've been wanting to post this since I was at work though check out these three consecutive posts from the beginning of d2:
timetokill and batsnacks are so obviously scum

it hurts.

can we just lynch both. please.

scum is within dusk, bats, kyan, dragonz, hyper.

because of who pushed the lynches yesterday, and where the votes landed ~ bats is scum.

Previous games have taught me to listen to my initial instincts.

This time the bathroom talk was one of those things.

Hyper, Dusk and Crab. - no matter how hard hyper tries to disapproves, there is scum in these three. Hyper's constant nagging about how absurd this theory is only strengthens my belief. His aggressive way of discrediting me feels way to overreacting.

The other thing was barrylocke and using "me" in 1252. Those are the small things I regret forgetting later. Barrylocke said me. I don't know why and this is something I can't grasp yet, but I need to highlight it.

I think the Gorlak votes are not a good thing right now, I'll be happy to give a read on him later that will include thoughts on things like: him wasting his vote for the first two phases he was in the game, him tunneling me for two phases without a reason, him singling me out and scum reading me for reasons that apply to most people, him scum reading all of our confirmed towns before they flipped, etc.

Please consider what is happening with hyperactivity/cornburrito:
  • They were only person with votes and were halfway to majority, they were widely scum read, hyperactivity had suspicious interactions with WMD.
  • They claimed a neutral role that needs JUST ONE MORE NIGHT and then they can TOTALLY HELP TOWN as long as a BUNCH of stuff goes just right.
  • Now people want to trust widely-scum-read-neutral-claim-cornburrito.

I don't really know Hyper's reasoning for playing as he did, but I think I can offer an explanation.

My win condition isn't exactly easy. I need 3 people, 1 must be of a varying alignment. All 3 need to be alive. I myself have no form of immunity. And if I give out 3 IDs with nobody of varying alignment all the IDs get dropped and I need to spend a night making a new set of 3. At best I could satisfy this by N3. And during that time I need to absolutely not be the target of mafia, or the target of a town lynch.

I think with that in mind it accounts for his behavior. This role is almost like a Survivor role given how long the condition can take to achieve. And playing that is always tricky because you need to balance not pissing off town too much with also not pissing off mafia too much.

batsnacks

Seriously though I want to lynch cornburrito and you're all insane for switching your votes. Scummy person claims neutral and you want to let him live are you kidding me?

Gorlak

Banned
him wasting his vote for the first two phases he was in the game,

Yeah, because the vote on Ouro or TTK would've been a far better. And yesterday was already decided, explained my behaviour above.

him tunneling me for two phases without a reason, him singling me out and scum reading me for reasons that apply to most people,

Gut feeling. You started strong with a lot of post (I never actually reread D1, so I only read the day once and can't remember anything) and went low activity hard. Can't help it, you tick off my alarm.

him scum reading all of our confirmed towns before they flipped, etc.

This is a wrong accusation that was brought up before. Someone misquoted my readlist.

The only confirmed townie I accused of being scum was crab, which (especially with my prior history with him) is reasonable. I said ONE of dragonz/ttk is scum. I said if crab is scum, dusk is as well. Show me more confirmed townies I read as scum. Now.

batsnacks

Yeah, because the vote on Ouro or TTK would've been a far better. And yesterday was already decided, explained my behaviour above.

Gut feeling. You started strong with a lot of post (I never actually reread D1, so I only read the day once and can't remember anything) and went low activity hard. Can't help it, you tick off my alarm.

This is a wrong accusation that was brought up before. Someone misquoted my readlist.

The only confirmed townie I accused of being scum was crab, which (especially with my prior history with him) is reasonable. I said ONE of dragonz/ttk is scum. I said if crab is scum, dusk is as well. Show me more confirmed townies I read as scum. Now.

Those three posts above were your first posts at the beginning of day 2. Dusk is in two of those lists you gave. If I got something out of context let me know but the way I'm remembering is that you were scum reading dusk independently of crab.

Mazre

I am neutral. My win condition is to hand out fake ids to 3 living players. The catch is that at least two of the players must be of varying alignment. Once I do that, I win. If I haven't and run out of ids, I need to spend a night making a new set.

My win condition isn't exactly easy. I need 3 people, 1 must be of a varying alignment. All 3 need to be alive. I myself have no form of immunity. And if I give out 3 IDs with nobody of varying alignment all the IDs get dropped and I need to spend a night making a new set of 3. At best I could satisfy this by N3. And during that time I need to absolutely not be the target of mafia, or the target of a town lynch.

Changing stories (even small changes) are never a good look.

Gorlak

Banned
Let's be reasonable now, obviously we have less than 24 hours left and the case against me could in no way have been posted earlier! Remember this if I flip today.

Here's my CLAIM to prevent last minute madness #soprotown.

I'm a fruit vendor. I give out shots each night. My name is The Captain Morgan Rep. Hey, what is that cat holding in his hand, eh?

According to the mods N1 no command was sent in so RNG defaulted it to *dingdingding*
Kingkitty (the one who ended up dead, yeah.

N2 I forced my bestbuddy nin to drink one. HAHA "you can't touch this" sure, sure, I already did.

N3 I gave a shot to x. I was waiting for ttk to announce my target, but the "tracker" is MIA. The player is still alive and can confirm this. I'll announce him when timer hits the 12 hour mark.

My drinks have no effect. I assume, I'm basically here to give the tracker a hard time. Cheers

batsnacks

Let's be reasonable now, obviously we have less than 24 hours left and the case against me could in no way have been posted earlier! Remember this if I flip today.

Here's my CLAIM to prevent last minute madness #soprotown.

I'm a fruit vendor. I give out shots each night. My name is The Captain Morgan Rep. Hey, what is that cat holding in his hand, eh?

According to the mods N1 no command was sent in so RNG defaulted it to *dingdingding*
Kingkitty (the one who ended up dead, yeah.

N2 I forced my bestbuddy nin to drink one. HAHA "you can't touch this" sure, sure, I already did.

N3 I gave a shot to x. I was waiting for ttk to announce my target, but the "tracker" is MIA. The player is still alive and can confirm this. I'll announce him when timer hits the 12 hour mark.

My drinks have no effect. I assume, I'm basically here to give the tracker a hard time. Cheers

I had this locked and loaded:

We can figure out if TTK is lying.

He just needs to follow me tonight and first thing next morning he posts my target. The target confirms. Done. If he can't, he was lying. Of course there are several problems, of the dying case... or I hit scum, they won't talk and I die. Or there is a scum tracker and he gets away with this for the wrong reasons.

The lack of any tangible proof in his claim is worrying, same with Dragonz "follow" last night. Somehow it reads like Scum is thunderdoming and wants his player to survive just one more night and get rid off a PR.

Still thinking batsnacks would be the better choice today.

But maybe getting rid of TTK will ease up the game. If he's town we have two bandwagons last day and scum jumping, shifting votes with no reason. If he's scum we have to look at the late changes which went in favour of Ouro. And we have to look at Day 1 voters for AbsolutBro.

Gorlak

Banned
Those three posts above were your first posts at the beginning of day 2. Dusk is in two of those lists you gave. If I got something out of context let me know but the way I'm remembering is that you were scum reading dusk independently of crab.

That wasn't independent of crab. That was the bathroom story involving those three Hyper, dusk and crab. Obviously not true. But guess what I'm an unknowing townie, I'll be wrong a lot of the time.

Gorlak

Banned
Bats, what kind of mason pair reveals their role one-sided without any prior consulting? Why would you two claim now anyway? There was no reason to.

The part about the original ones being dropped is absolutely new.

I thought the implication was pretty clear the first time I explained my role.

My win condition depends on giving out IDs to THREE people. If the prior 3 didn't get voided somehow, what would be the point of creating three new IDs? Because then once I handed out a new one, FOUR people would have IDs.

Gorlak

Banned
I thought the implication was pretty clear the first time I explained my role.

My win condition depends on giving out IDs to THREE people. If the prior 3 didn't get voided somehow, what would be the point of creating three new IDs? Because then once I handed out a new one, FOUR people would have IDs.

But you didn't need to make a new ID when Splinter died?

batsnacks

That wasn't independent of crab. That was the bathroom story involving those three Hyper, dusk and crab. Obviously not true. But guess what I'm an unknowing townie, I'll be wrong a lot of the time.

Well from what I've gathered, and I'm even reading between the lines a little on this because you haven't actually said much, you're scum reading me for pushing for an absolutbro lynch towards the end of day 1.

I'm going to catch you up on why I did that since you replaced, first read this:
absolutbro - dusk called him out and catvoca is sheeping dusk. lynching this person we get rid of one of the worst under the radar people and we learn about a lot about dusk and a little about catvoca. absolutbro was giving out newbie advice at the beginning of the game a townie that's doing that should be excited to contribute. the extent of absolutbro's contributions have been the newbie advice and him defending himself.

theexodu5 - he was the most scum read person in the middle of this phase but no one was voting him for a good while. If TheExodu5 is town mafia could have been all over this. If we lynch TheExodu5 we learn about Timeaisis and barrylocke, and a little about me since I was the initial vote on him.

stackpole - under the radar. If we lynch stackpole we learn a little about timetokill.

euphemism - had that random post/vote check in and then bailed. If we lynch euphemism we don't learn very much.

MattyG - MattyG wants to lynch today "as bad as that sounds" yet hasn't moved his vote since he omgused ouro; also hasn't participated except to briefly defend himself. If we lynch MattyG we learn about batsnacks and ouro.

that's where I'm at. I didn't reread this so sorry if a lot of this is word salad nonsense.

That was what I was working with at the end of day 1, these 5 people were all good lynch candidates. I didn't want to lynch WMD because they actually had a strong first day. They were giving thoughts on pretty much everything and were very active. Prior to that post I was pushing dusk HARD and dusk had a lot of traction. I did a 180 on now confirmed town dusk.

Given that, I STARTED the wagon on absolutbro. If lynching absolutbro instead of WMD is the criteria you're using to scum read people, you should look somewhere else, probably in the group of people that sheeped me late. I had reasons that I really like for everything I did.

batsnacks

@gorlak and if it's my fall off in activity that is ticking your alarm consider that 16 people are allegedly still playing this game, there have been X > too many replacements, and people are still talking about lynching me/the person I'm masoned with over Scummy McNeutralClaim.

Gorlak

Banned
@gorlak and if it's my fall off in activity that is ticking your alarm consider that 16 people are allegedly still playing this game, there have been X > too many replacements, and people are still talking about lynching me/the person I'm masoned with over Scummy McNeutralClaim.

Now you completely changed your topic of conversation to yourself. Do you try to change my opinion on you because I'm under pressure of being voted out? Do you think I might change my stance to save myself somehow?

So you are very much in favour of lynching Hyper/Cornbro, yes? Because even with your points. The voting sheet is undeniable. Hyper, Bats, Kyan. The other candidate was a confirmed scum. There is another scum among you three. I will not back down on this theory. Do you disagree?

batsnacks

Now you completely changed your topic of conversation to yourself. Do you try to change my opinion on you because I'm under pressure of being voted out? Do you think I might change my stance to save myself somehow?

So you are very much in favour of lynching Hyper/Cornbro, yes? Because even with your points. The voting sheet is undeniable. Hyper, Bats, Kyan. The other candidate was a confirmed scum. There is another scum among you three. I will not back down on this theory. Do you disagree?

You have been scum reading me for three days, you wasted two days worth of votes on me and now people want to lynch you. I think it's relevant for me to try to explain to you exactly why I'm not mafia, aside from my town power role claim. If I'm really your number 1 suspect I don't think your day 1 vote count in spreadsheet form is as valuable as you think it is.

I think CornBro is a better target. Gorlak is annoying as shit though so I get why everyone wants him dead. Haven't his "scum reads" covered basically everyone in the game at this point?

Timeaisis

I think CornBro is a better target. Gorlak is annoying as shit though so I get why everyone wants him dead. Haven't his "scum reads" covered basically everyone in the game at this point?

TTK Gorlak mentioned that you were going to track him last night and report who he targeted. Did you track him? Can you confirm or deny Gorlak targeted someone?

AWmO3WL.jpg

VOTE TALLY:

gorlak (4)
nin1000 2223 (2256)
salvapot 2393
barrylocke 2396 (2435)
nin1000 2397
timeaisis 2400
cornburrito 2433

CornBurrito (4) - previously Hyperactivity
gorlak 2230 (2402)
nin1000 2256 (2385)
mazre 2282
lone_prodigy 2296
kyanrute 2334
batsnacks 2341

cornbro (0)
batsnacks 2338 (2341)

barrylocke (0)
nin1000 2385 (2397)

DAY 4 ENDS:
blu_1467493200.png

MattyG

Banned
Right now, I'm leaning towards Gorlak. I will not vote for CB though. If he's neutral, and I think he is, I don't see the harm I'm letting him live. There's no real damage he could do to the town, and in the best case scenario his role helps us a tiny bit.

Gorlak on the other hand... yeah, everyone else pretty much already has it covered. All over the place with votes and bandwagoning (which apparently isn't a valid reason to be even a little suspicious, according to him?) I hesitate to pull the trigger though, because, well, I'd be kind of a hypocrite and also under suspicion if I bandwagoned on the bandwagoner.

Bandwagon.

I've typed it too much. It's starting to sound funny in my head.

Gorlak

Banned
TTK Gorlak mentioned that you were going to track him last night and report who he targeted. Did you track him? Can you confirm or deny Gorlak targeted someone?

I don't know. But since nin mentioned the drink first thing, I'd say yes. You also forgot to answer my question above, because your reasoning for a vote on me seems really weak.

Gorlak

Banned
I've been wanting to post this since I was at work though check out these three consecutive posts from the beginning of d2:

Your quotes here are misleading as well. The first post was my personal gut feeling after joining the game.

In the second post you miss the voting overview, which is why it seems odd that there are completely different people.

The third posts reflects on the bathroom shtick which was wrong.

I don't thing any of these posts is as suspicious as you want to make them.

As far as consecutive goes, you missed a vote in between.

Gorlak

Banned
Yeah I expected as much. Note please how no one reacts to my posts.

ttk had his chance, I targeted Kyan on N3.

Hey Kyan, I tried to ignore your shitpost. Sadly I want batsnacks gone before you, but I'll keep my eye on you. Do you want a shot?

Asked him if he wanted a shot on D2, but decided to give it to nin first.

---
That's all. You have my claim, you have two people confirming my power. You have my playstyle which I justified. I fail to see my bandwaggony behaviour (D2 was not, that was entirely to get reactions from people), which 4 out of 5 people who voted me seem to use as an excuse. Nobody responded to me questioning them.

The bandwagon against me formed in a mere few posts.

---
I still think the biggest chance of finding scum lies within the trio of bats, hyper, kyan. As much as I want a neutral to have the chance to survive, I don't know if I can grant him this if it's me against him.

Also I lack a clear candidate I could move on to. So many inactives, so few reads I can get.

vote: cornburrito

Kyanrute

I can confirm what Gorlak is saying. I did receive a drink last night. If you take a look at my 1st post of the day, I ask if anyone did receive a drink or an ID. As I did not know the meaning of the drink or the ID, I wanted to see if anyone would claim to have received one. Not a great chance to bait scum but no harm was done I feel.

As far as I can tell, the drink does nothing. The description I was given about it also matches what nin told us about his drink. I believe Gorlak has the power he has claimed to have.

vote:gorlak[/vote]

full disclosure: I might not make it back in time for deadline.

I want to place a vote just in case I don't make it back.

Think scum has played a really good game at this point. But at the same time, it seems like town hasn't been given any real tools to help us find scum.

Gorlak

Banned
Yeah, how should town deserve to win if the only confirmed one gives fuck all reasons and hops onto the bandwaggon.

You are the best example of why scum is winning right now.

Fuck this game.

I'm out.

Top Bottom