• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baseball's Hall of Fame to honor 'The Simpsons'

Status
Not open for further replies.
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — Baseball's Hall of Fame will honor "The Simpsons" on May 27 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the show's "Homer at the Bat" episode.

First televised on Feb. 20, 1992, "Homer at the Bat" featured future Hall of Famers Wade Boggs, Ken Griffey Jr. and Ozzie Smith among the ringers on Homer Simpson's Springfield Nuclear Power Plant softball team. Voices of actual players were used in the episode, which also included Jose Canseco, Roger Clemens, Don Mattingly, Steve Sax, Mike Scioscia and Darryl Strawberry.

Boggs and Smith are scheduled to appear at a round-table discussion at the Hall on May 27 that also includes episode executive producers Al Jean and Mike Reiss, director Jim Reardon, executive story editor Jeff Martin and casting director Bonnie Pietila.

The Hall's legends game is slated for that afternoon at Doubleday Field

Source: AP

One of the best episodes in the entire series.

"LOOOORD PALMERSTOOOON"

Darrrrrrrrrylllllllllll
giphy.gif

Qasiel

"Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw, Steve Sax and his run-in with the law, we're talking Homer, Ozzie and The Straw..."

ggx2ac

Mr. Burns: All right, you ragtag bunch of misfits. You hate me and I hate you even more, but without my beloved ringers you're all I've got.

So I... want you to remember some inspiring things that someone else may have told you in the course of your lives, and go out there and win.

Fladam

Marge: Children, tell me when your father stops scratching himself.
[long pause]
Marge: Kids...?
Bart: We'll tell you, Mom.

This wasnt the episode with Mark Mcgwire right? Where the MLB is the NSA or something.

Nope it was Brother's Little Helper

Mark McGwire: "Do you want to hear the terrifying truth, or would you like to see me sock a few dingers!?"

Crowd: "Dingers! Dingers!"

oooh. explain more please

From what I read some of the actors felt miffed that basically the entire episode became about the guest stars and they got all the good lines and what not.

Also from some reviews they point out that the characters do things that are really out of character and didn't really fit in with the series as it had been laid out to that date... So that might have been a factor.

DeathyBoy

Banned
From what I read some of the actors felt miffed that basically the entire episode became about the guest stars and they got all the good lines and what not.

Also from some reviews they point out that the characters do things that are really out of character and didn't really fit in with the series as it had been laid out to that date... So that might have been a factor.

It's so dumb because everyone got good lines. Lord Palmerston is iconic, "Darryl" is greasy, Homer has the main plot and Burns gets a subplot. I'm sure Marge even gets a few zingers.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell

Some of these guys have a bad attitude, skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom