• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

pahamrick

Got the game capped to 30 fps and even so some textures failed loading.

I did the whole ace chemicals part with this config and didnt see any texture off place.

Going to add the AO through sweetfx and play like this until they fix their shit.

Damn, thanks for trying. So AO will work through sweetfx? Can you post your settings?

You know how Oculus rift and VR image processing adds CA to negate CA from the optics, is the same thing possible with a sweet fx injected CA?

Like... with reverse colour orientation? Sure it would add CA to hud elements though.

bathsalts

c3naG1E.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTA2buWlNyM

Sad, less options even with Nvidia's crap making up half of em.

Telling people to check their settings might make more sense if the options menu looked more like this:

Waxwing

I feel like "blame the user" is the typical response. Certainly the same thing happened with Dragon Age.

Witcher 3 devs, on the other hand...class act.

EDIT: Wow at those graphical settings. Says everything...for a marquee release....makes no sense.

Salsa

pretty sure if this game's menues rendered as much and moved in the way the previous games did I wouldnt even be able to go through them without everything hitching terribly

viveks86

Whenever I enable smoke/debris it won't display the overlay so I don't know how he can see it. Without those 2 enabled it's still dx11 at least.

It's true. Just tested it out myself.

Edit: after a few restarts and changing settings, it seems to be the fog and interactive paper that switches the client to DX10. Rain and light shafts On are DX11. That explains the need for restarts when they're toggled.

That is so messed up. And even with DX11 on, there is no AO or rain shaders? So what else is being cut? o_O

Is there anyway to verify this outside of afterburner?

Telling people to check their settings might make more sense if the options menu looked more like this:

Talos Principle right? I had quite the nerdgasm when I checked it out last week

Edit: Wait, corpses? Must be a different game. Many of the settings are almost identical though. Must be a cryengine thing

The-Talos-Principle-GPU-Settings.jpg

Phil4000

Andy was very active in that thread even when Origins had a few bumps. He's nowhere to be found here.

Nvidia has been very quiet on this disastrous launch:
- No formal comment on the issues or their cooperation with WB/RS to fix any of the various glaring issues
- No Andy in the forums here on Neogaf (he tends to show up in these PC performance threads)
- No tweak guide to be found on geforce.com (common on their "meant to be played games" at launch)
- No PC version sent out to reviewers for launch ("PC gamer" finally go their copy a day after the game was already out!)
- No HBAO+ or TXAA support in the game (which are very common in Nvidia "Gameworks" titles (in fact their is no ambient occlusion whatsoever for the time being)

This is not a coincidence... :/

Andy was very active in that thread even when Origins had a few bumps. He's nowhere to be found here.

Can't say I blame him.

He probably doesn't want to get involved in the controversy.. and if he shows up here, he'll likely be dragged in and possibly piled on by angry people, which wouldn't be fair to him.

Less options, more problems. What was the thinking here?

Incompetent porting house rushed this out at the last minute because they greatly underestimated how long it would take to port over a game that was likely already delayed for performance problems and had to deal with Nvidia graphics effects stacked on top.

That about sums up my speculations.

Can't say I blame him.

He probably doesn't want to get involved in the controversy.. and if he shows up here, he'll likely be dragged in and possibly piled on by angry people, which wouldn't be fair to him.

To be honest it's not fair to market the game with completely unrealistic footage and at best skewed specs and at worse complete lies.

I'm not blaming Andy who I assume is a community rep but as a front face for the company he is my first port of call when a game that has been marketed to me for 2 years+ looking outstanding arrives looking average and performing worse on my £1000 high end pc than it does on a console that cost 35% of that.

scitek

Cut from original folder to SSD, "delete local conent" in Steam (so Steam doesn't think it's there anymore). Install to where you pasted the game to, Steam will discover the files before downloading anything else.

It's only the smoke and paper effects that do this for me. I can confirm it's still using DX11 with the light shafts and rain effects on.

Corpekata

Banned
Just did some testing with texture pop in in the area called Midtown mall (since it was near my spawn point and has a lot of store signs which seem like notable offenders of pop in)

Uncapped FPS (well, 144 since that's my monitor) = pretty much never popped in while I was standing there. Ended test after 30 seconds or so.
Basic forced 30 FPS Ini cap = 4-5 seconds. Still looked kinda bad but at least popped up.
Edited Ini to 60, cap via Rivatuner to 30 = textures not popping for a good 15 seconds at least, some of them popped but not all of them.

So, basically, at least on my end, you can't edit the ini's FPS at all, even if you cap it via other sources, if you want even semi-acceptable pop in.

Really hope they fix this, because even the best option is still pretty shitty at times.

Ryde3

There are no fixes.

Hopefully it'll be updated with comments from the devs soon :/

Well I meant with .ini tweaks that work, the only one in the OP is how to uncap the framerate. I had done a few tweaks that seemed to help, but have since reinstalled and wanted a more definitive list of current working edits.

Shari

Damn, thanks for trying. So AO will work through sweetfx? Can you post your settings?

So for AO im using: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3989/

You need sweetfx + reshade + mastereffect and then override with those settings the default sweetfx settings.

It also adds SMAA which is nice considering the game only alows for FXAA.

Here's how it looks:

VQnTli.png

Just did some testing with texture pop in in the area called Midtown mall (since it was near my spawn point and has a lot of store signs which seem like notable offenders of pop in)

Uncapped FPS (well, 144 since that's my monitor) = pretty much never popped in while I was standing there. Ended test after 30 seconds or so.
Basic forced 30 FPS Ini cap = 4-5 seconds. Still looked kinda bad but at least popped up.
Edited Ini to 60, cap via Rivatuner to 30 = textures not popping for a good 15 seconds at least, some of them popped but not all of them.

So, basically, at least on my end, you can't edit the ini's FPS at all, even if you cap it via other sources, if you want even semi-acceptable pop in.

Really hope they fix this, because even the best option is still pretty shitty at times.

Yes, I've experienced this too just as you tell.

I still set adaptative vsync w half refresh through nvcp to try to improve the frametime.

Vuze

Uncapped FPS (well, 144 since that's my monitor) = pretty much never popped in while I was standing there.

Really hope they fix this.
Did somebody try to cap the fps at 25 or lower than 30 in general yet? :p

pahamrick

You need sweetfx + reshade + mastereffect and then override with those settings the default sweetfx settings.

Here's how it looks:

VQnTli.png

That looks really good, thanks for the link.

Setting this up now. No more crashing after disabling fog and clutter effects, and I'll deal without the other missing stuff. I just don't want to end up getting story stuff spoiled because I waited.

DieH@rd

Banned
OK yes, game has problems during times when assets are streamed in [sometimes during flying, almost always during driving]...

...but...

... after 5 hours, game runs totally fine in >95% of my playtime on FX8350+270X [2gb].

So yeah, it's shame that problems are there, but I am still highly enjoying the game.

holygeesus

Banned
Has anyone done anything in the way of a comparison between the Xbox One textures and the PC version? The latest rumour I'm hearing, is that the PC version is using the XO's textures albeit upscaled.

I'm having no issues running the game, with an unmolested .ini file (granted I still have the same missing features as everyone else, but no stuttering) but the textures look utterly bland, and it wouldn't surprise me at this stage.

Kinthalis

Banned
OK yes, game has problems during times when assets are streamed in [sometimes during flying, almost always during driving]...

...but...

... after 5 hours, game runs totally fine in >95% of my playtime on FX8350+270X [2gb].

So yeah, it's shame that problems are there, but I am still highly enjoying the game.

Me too.

Again, not excusing this shit one bit. But it's basicaly the only thing keeping me from asking for a refund now vs when the patch hits. It's a fun game ;)

Kinthalis

Banned
Has anyone done anything in the way of a comparison between the Xbox One textures and the PC version? The latest rumour I'm hearing, is that the PC version is using the XO's textures albeit upscaled.

I'm having no issues running the game, with an unmolested .ini file (granted I still have the same missing features as everyone else, but no stuttering) but the textures look utterly bland, and it wouldn't surprise me at this stage.

I don't think there is, nor have I seen any difference in textures.... once they load. There is a bug right now that keeps low LOD textures on objects for varyign amounts of time. From a few moments to MINUTES. Luckily it's not happening all the time. Just enough to be noticeable and annoying.

Here's how it looks:

VQnTli.png

I still set adaptative vsync w half refresh through nvcp to try to improve the frametime.
How are you getting the OSD to work? Turned off gameworks?

AEREC

Broke down and bought the PS4 physical version...I really wanted to play and I honestly dont see WB implementing AO and Rain effects in the PC version anytime soon.

cametall

I've been having a fairly smooth experience with everything on the highest settings, all the nVidia effects on. Only some stuttering for like half a second every once in a while.

GTX 970
i5 3570K at 4.2 ghz
16gb RAM
Game is on my 7200 rpm HDD (SSD is too small)

But yeah, I haven't edited the ini so it's locked at 30 FPS and there is some pop-in in sections. The fact the PS4 has better graphics is biggity bullshit because the game is running smoothly for me at the moment.

BlackEyes

Here's how it looks:

VQnTli.png

can u give me a guide step by step how to use this preset? never used sweetfx

Top Bottom