• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

So for AO im using: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3989/

You need sweetfx + reshade + mastereffect and then override with those settings the default sweetfx settings.

It also adds SMAA which is nice considering the game only alows for FXAA.

Here's how it looks:

VQnTli.png

Yes, I've experienced this too just as you tell.

I still set adaptative vsync w half refresh through nvcp to try to improve the frametime.
EDIT: Nevermind found it.

Kinthalis

Banned
Broke down and bought the PS4 physical version...I really wanted to play and I honestly dont see WB implementing AO and Rain effects in the PC version anytime soon.

Watch a patch hit and the PC runs flawlessly at 60 FPS with all the bells and whistles. You'll be crying then, won't you, CRYING TEARS OF SADNESS!

I doubt it too, but it can happen! Let a brother dream...

Just download ReShade framework and tweak the AO yourself. It's in the master effect config file.

Wasn't even sure if this game had depth buffer access in ReShade which is why I havent tried that yet.

holygeesus

Banned
I don't think there is, nor have I seen any difference in textures.... once they load. There is a bug right now that keeps low LOD textures on objects for varyign amounts of time. From a few moments to MINUTES. Luckily it's not happening all the time. Just enough to be noticeable and annoying.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean texture pop-in. Check out the character models - some of them look positively last gen quality, to me. They also have some very odd physics at play - without going into any detail, you rescue a certain hostage, during one of the early missions, and he is shiny as hell, and the clothing he is wearing, moves in a wave-like fashion. It is most odd.

OK yes, game has problems during times when assets are streamed in [sometimes during flying, almost always during driving]...

...but...

... after 5 hours, game runs totally fine in >95% of my playtime on FX8350+270X [2gb].

So yeah, it's shame that problems are there, but I am still highly enjoying the game.

Watch out, some people will call you a liar or a scumbag for being ok with a lower framerate.

d00d3n

Broke down and bought the PS4 physical version...I really wanted to play and I honestly dont see WB implementing AO and Rain effects in the PC version anytime soon.

I am thinking about it, but the fact that I bought a Titan X partly to play the best version of Batman is preventing me. I would really appreciate some kind of response from WB about what they intend to fix here and a rough timetable for when it will be done.

spannicus

Oh sorry, I didn't mean texture pop-in. Check out the character models - some of them look positively last gen quality, to me. They also have some very odd physics at play - without going into any detail, you rescue a certain hostage, during one of the early missions, and he is shiny as hell, and the clothing he is wearing, moves in a wave-like fashion. It is most odd.

We got the 360 port!

Vitor711

I am thinking about it, but the fact that I bought a Titan X partly to play the best version of Batman is preventing me. I would really appreciate some kind of response from WB about what they intend to fix here and a rough timetable for when it will be done.

Communication has been seriously lacking. Their first response essentially being "here's how the settings work"was somewhat insulting.

Not sure I have much faith in them to be open and honest about the process. Like, I doubt it's unfixable, and I bet it'll be *mostly* fine down the road, but how soon? Who can say.

It's sad to think about with all of the problems Fallout 4 will have with bugs and other issues, there is no way it can be this bad at launch.

bigace33

I really want to play this game, but my Phenom 4xII just can't handle it properly, so I just ordered me a core i7 4790, 16gb ram, 2 tb hdd, gonna add my own 760 and 600w power source. I'm ready for war!! B^P

Nvidia has been very quite in this disastrous launch:
- No formal comment on the issues or their cooperation with WB/RS to fix any of the various glaring issues
- No Andy in the forums here on Neogaf (he tends to show up in these PC performance threads)
- No tweak guide to be found on geforce.com (common on their "meant to be played games" at launch)
- No PC version sent out to reviewers for launch ("PC gamer" finally go their copy a day after the game was already out!)
- No HBAO+ or TXAA support in the game (which are very common in Nvidia "Gameworks" titles (in fact their is no ambient occlusion whatsoever for the time being)

This is not a coincidence... :/

At least they got to promote Gameworks. That was pretty much the only thing we heard about the PC version prior to launch.

Seems like whoever produced this port spent all their time getting the Nvidia Gameworks™ features in there and prominently displayed on the settings page - and almost zero time on anything else. To the point where we're left with a barebones port with hardly any other settings, missing features, the inability to turn off even stuff like film grain, a 30fps cap and massive stuttering issues.

Something seems seriously wrong with that picture.

GrazGamer

Me too, my anticipation for this game was huge and I ain't waiting a month or so on the off chance they can improve it even with my 980ti.

pahamrick

The weirdest thing about the missing rain texture / shader for Batman and the Batmobile, is that when it's zoomed in you can still see the effect of the rain drops hitting the surface of the cowl/car, there's just no water effect there to sell it, so you've got these black flashes that represent rain hitting the surface and no water effect to sell it.

So no real updates from either WB Games, rocksteady studios or Iron Galaxy studios today? That's pretty shitty. There are basically two ways to deal with such a situation:

a) communicate with the customers and inform them about the plan.

b) sit it out and don't communicate.

I hope they did not choose the latter.

Älg

I think from now on we should look at any title being promoted heavily with GameWorks as a red flag.

Unless it's The Witcher 3. Or Far Cry 4. Or Arkham Asylum. Or Arkham Origins. Or Borderlands 2. Or Borderlands TPS. Or Assassin's Creed 4. Wait...

theeraser

Gemüsepizza;169683497 said:
So no real updates from either WB Games, rocksteady studios or Iron Galaxy studios today? That's pretty shitty. There are basically two ways to deal with such a situation:

a) communicate with the customers and inform them about the plan.

b) sit it out and don't communicate.

I hope they did not choose the latter.
Nothing but a non-committal "we're looking into it". It bugs me that there's no ETA on anything at the moment -- I get that they're (hopefully) hard-at-work on this, but it'd be nice to get some sort of "we're making progress/we've seen improvements" commentary from them.

I think from now on we should look at any title being promoted heavily with GameWorks as a red flag.

Well, I think that something like Gameworks should be seen as gravy. It's something you can put on top of the meat and potatoes that make up a solid PC port. What we're getting here is all gravy, and no meat and potatoes.

Man, I'm glad I didn't pick this up day one.

I had assumed that this game would run great on PC since all the previous ones did for me (other than a game breaking glitch in Origins).

I remember getting pissed when Arkham City got delayed a month or two on PC back when it was coming out, but maybe this game should have done that too.

komorebi

Watch a patch hit and the PC runs flawlessly at 60 FPS with all the bells and whistles. You'll be crying then, won't you, CRYING TEARS OF SADNESS!

I doubt it too, but it can happen! Let a brother dream...

I also bought the PS4 version this morning. It doesn't sting as bad because I got a Nvidia code from a fellow gaffer here for a good price, but I hate having to double dip in the first place. I learned my lesson and I'll lick my wounds while playing this fantastic game (which it really is). I wish there was a way I could give Rocksteady money with one hand while flipping the bird at WB with the other.

Wounded

The Lego movie. You really haven't watched that yet? It's awesome!

Thanks, looks funny, I'll give it a try :)

Also, I'm using SLI Titan Xs and I can get a pretty stable framerate with one of them as a Physx card, but smoke just kills it entirely. Everything else is fine.

b0bbyJ03

Älg;169683539 said:
Unless it's The Witcher 3. Or Far Cry 4. Or Arkham Asylum. Or Arkham Origins. Or Borderlands 2. Or Borderlands TPS. Or Assassin's Creed 4. Wait...

wait, did you really include Far cry 4 and AC? Both of those were stuttering messes at launch. They did fix far cry tho. I didn't purchase the others at launch so I won't comment on them.

Sijil

Definitely going to refund on GMG if the patch doesn't show promise, WB has to fire Iron Galaxy and get RockSteady and someone with experience in PC to fix this. As it stands not only am I going to refund on GMG but I'm not even going to bother with the PS4 version, like hell am I going to reward WB for their shit job.

Älg

wait, did you really include Far cry 4 and AC? Both of those were stuttering messes at launch. They did fix far cry tho. I didn't purchase the others at launch so I won't comment on them.

Okay, I agree about Far Cry. It was stupid of me to include it. Black Flag was as good of a port as any other. But we shouldn't discuss that here; its off topic.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I keep playing because I really like the game, but the killer is the texture streaming. I tried the ini change posted a few pages earlier but if anything it only made it worse. It's generally only an issue in the open world, but there it's soooo prevalent. Sometimes the correct textures simply never pop in. It looks fucking hideous :(

Bytes

Älg;169683539 said:

The Witcher 3 that had performance problems at launch? That one?

Also, some games in there that were NOT GameWorks branded....don't just name any old game that had the NVIDIA logo on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8wy3q2HrY

Digitalfoundry´s didn´t run too bad.

The game runs pretty well for me too when uncapped. It just has massive texture pop-in issues that are very glaring.

I hope you don't consider that as decent performance. It's absolutely terrible at times. Not even at low can he get it to stay over 60 fps. Once he starts driving the game goes to complete shit with massive stuttering. It even halts for a second.

Top Bottom