• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham HD Collection revealed via leak

GeeTeeCee

No Origins is ridiculous. It had the best story, by miles.

It definitely had the best story in my opinion, but the combat felt off compared to the previous games, the new additions to the open world were bland, and at the endgame travelling across the city became a pain as it seemed like there were snipers on practically every rooftop.

I definitely saw it. Very low print run, though.
Technically, he's correct.
Origins never received a Game of the Year edition, only a "Complete Edition" with no review quotes or acclaim plastered anywhere. Plus, it was never released in the U.S.
1403636913-batman-arkham-origins-complete-edition-ps3.jpg

Technically, he's correct.
Origins never received a Game of the Year edition, only a "Complete Edition" with no review quotes or acclaim plastered anywhere. Plus, it was never released in the U.S.
1403636913-batman-arkham-origins-complete-edition-ps3.jpg
It's not even on disc like City, just a bunch of download codes. Even better, there are duplicates. There's a code with the playstation exclusive DLC, as well as the code for everything, including playstation exclusive DLC. And it uses the standard Origins disc.

Very, very low effort.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Origins does have the best story, but it's easily the worst game of the three potential candidates for the collection (it's far better than Knight, IMO). The combat is completely broken until you get the electric gauntlets, and it's no wonder Rocksteady doesn't want it paired up with its own games.

I'm shocked (lol) people like Origins this much. I had a very hard time shifting to the stuttery nature of the Origins combat flow from the buttery smoothness of Asylum and City. Maybe if you're not constantly going for perfect fights and triple digit combos it's not as big an issue, but it was a constant frustration until the gauntlets, which ironically just make the combat flow almost identical to the Rocksteady games.

I won't miss it, and I don't really think it belongs in a Rocksteady collection.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Anyone asking for Origins is crazy. I would replay City and Asylum but have no desire to go back personally.

Plus these are no straight ports - a lot of work has to go into even these seemingly direct ports. Don't assume they can just take Origins over. Rocksteady has built on new-gen tech so its prob easier for them to port over their code quickly.

Oh look guys we have somebody who doesn't want to play Origins again!!

This dude clearly represents how everybody feels!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Origins does have the best story, but it's easily the worst game of the three potential candidates for the collection (it's far better than Knight, IMO). The combat is completely broken until you get the electric gauntlets, and it's no wonder Rocksteady doesn't want it paired up with its own games.

I'm shocked (lol) people like Origins this much. I had a very hard time shifting to the stuttery nature of the Origins combat flow from the buttery smoothness of Asylum and City. Maybe if you're not constantly going for perfect fights and triple digit combos it's not as big an issue, but it was a constant frustration until the gauntlets, which ironically just make the combat flow almost identical to the Rocksteady games.

I won't miss it, and I don't really think it belongs in a Rocksteady collection.

Yeah, the combat wasn't as fine tuned as the previous games and the fact that things like critical strikes weren't unlocked until you beat the Lady Shiva mission was very frustrating when in the previous games you unlock it fairly soon.

However, the reason I love Origins is mainly because I feel the sequence in the Royal Hotel is one of the best sequences in all of the Batman games.

Nope, it's Warner's pages in a catalog for retailers. As official as it gets. Also, it's been for days on italian GS site prior to the catalog leak with the correct title and same blurb.

Why is it in a retailer magazine before there is even a announcement yet?

Ristifer

Yeah, the combat wasn't as fine tuned as the previous games and the fact that things like critical strikes weren't unlocked until you beat the Lady Shiva mission was very frustrating when in the previous games you unlock it fairly soon.

However, the reason I love Origins is mainly because I feel the sequence in the Royal Hotel is one of the best sequences in all of the Batman games.
This is very true. Origins isn't my favourite Arkham game, but that whole part in the Royal Hotel is excellent.

Top Bottom