• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight PC re-release Oct. 28th

dr_rus

Can confirm it still runs like garbage. 980ti and it struggles to maintain 60fps at max with no nvidia effects at 1080p.
From what I've played it ran rather good on my 980ti with NV effects on and in 2560x1600 to boot. Not constant 60 but completely playable.

x3sphere

Can confirm it still runs like garbage. 980ti and it struggles to maintain 60fps at max with no nvidia effects at 1080p.

I have the NV effects on and no issues maintaining 60 locked.

It was completely broken for me at release with constant stuttering but I'm happy with the performance now.

Unfortunately it still runs poorly for those with lesser hardware but with a 980 Ti you should not be having issues.

Mask

Might have to give this another go. It seemed mostly fine at 1080p, all nvidia effects on a GTX 980 after the first patch, but I still got some nasty stutters when there was too much smoke.

atomico

I preordered the game and Season Pass on Steam and was one of the "lucky" ones. I managed to 100%'d the game and only had it crash to desktop maybe 4 times. Performance was still lousy on my i4770k + 780ti (30fps dipping to 20 every chance it got).

Even though I had my fill with the gameplay and have no real interest in ever touching the Season Pass content it's pretty lousy that WB isn't offering any compensation for this fuckup.

I was convinced... convinced... that SLI would be supported with the re-release.

I have a G-sync monitor, which helps a lot, but at 3440x1440, I really need a working SLI profile. Good thing I have about two hundred games in my Steam library that I've barely looked at.

It's weird... I've got all these great games to play... yet I obsess over the ones that don't work... and when they finally do work, I admire them for about fifteen minutes, and then go back to playing FIFA, a game that I despise.

I used to do this with dota, and wow before that

i5-3350p
8 GB RAM
Windows 10

Have all NVidia settings off, everything else on normal. The usage is below 3.5. Game stutters when I am just walking around, astronomically worse when gliding. Didnt even want to try the batmobile before I closed the game. Might rent it from redbox on console at some point...always wanted to but decided to wait for a fix, stupid me.

Edit: this was with max FPS set to 30 also btw

i5-3350p
8 GB RAM
Windows 10

Have all NVidia settings off, everything else on normal. The usage is below 3.5. Game stutters when I am just walking around, astronomically worse when gliding. Didnt even want to try the batmobile before I closed the game. Might rent it from redbox on console at some point...always wanted to but decided to wait for a fix, stupid me.

Edit: this was with max FPS set to 30 also btw

Windows 10 with 8GB of RAM is your problem. You need 12GB with Windows 10 to avoid the hard drive paging.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...problematic-arkham-knight-for-pc-12gb-of-ram/

That Oct. 30 update is funny to read. It didn't end with some condescending "Thanks to our loyal PC fans for your support! :B" message, so maybe the waves of bad press and negative fan reaction is starting to sink in. Maybe they might actually scramble to fix the actually pressing matters with the game now.

Sober

That Oct. 30 update is funny to read. It didn't end with some condescending "Thanks to our loyal PC fans for your support! :B" message, so maybe the waves of bad press and negative fan reaction is starting to sink in. Maybe they might actually scramble to fix the actually pressing matters with the game now.
If they were smart they would've re-released the game on the same day as Fallout 4 so it would get lost in the shuffle.

So...which of the effects promised in the original Nvidia marketing video still don't work?

I think they've always "worked," in terms of showing up. It's just that they're very demanding, especially the one that focuses on fog/smoke.

My 980ti can't maintain 60 fps while driving with the fog/smoke effect turned on.

I don't see why they'd start caring more now. Especially now that the initial release hype is gone, and there's more and more competition coming out as time goes along. I think their re-releasing it in THIS state is pretty much the writing on the wall that says this is as good as we're going to get.

4 months after release and it's still a disappointing port? Yeah they never intended to put the proper resources into fixing this.

x3sphere

I've just got to the point where
Riddler captures Catwoman
and my performance dropped off a cliff. I was getting 60 FPS locked before and now it's around 35-40.

The same areas that ran at 60 before run at 35-40 now (???). I even tried dropping down to 800x600, all settings low, still 35-40.

Tried starting a new game and it was running great again - 60 FPS, but as soon as I load up my old save in the same areas - 35-40 FPS. Shame, was enjoying it too... but not at these frame rates.

kuYuri

I've just got to the point where
Riddler captures Catwoman
and my performance dropped off a cliff. I was getting 60 FPS locked before and now it's around 35-40.

The same areas that ran at 60 before run at 35-40 now (???). I even tried dropping down to 800x600, all settings low, still 35-40.

Tried starting a new game and it was running great again - 60 FPS, but as soon as I load up my old save in the same areas - 35-40 FPS. Shame, was enjoying it too... but not at these frame rates.

I remember some areas of the game such as during some of the Penguin missions I would get into the 40s due to all the debris flying around the fight arenas, but it usually fixed itself once I left. I think some areas like that where a lot of physics calculation is happening can bring the framerate down, but it should not extend beyond that specific area. Once back outside in the city, framerates should return to normal.

Lime

lol I just played Family Matters or whatever it's called and the graphics in this are really poor and flat in comparison to the main game.

I think all the Arkham episodes were outsourced and downprioritized.

Tizoc

Been playing the main game for a few hours.

Batmobile could've been a heck of a lot better, it just feels really really loose

Also Gothma has the narrowest friggin' roads ever making driving through them a hassle

What is very surprising though (I'll post screenshots later) is that I got the game to run between 20-30 FPS with a few Normal/Medium settings, with the game using 3 GB of VRM on my lappy
AND IT'S PLAYABLE
no stuttering and no game breaking FPS drops
The fuck kinda black magic is this?

I sadly can't record to show it using OBS for example because using it would cause a few frames to drop if I'm recording+playing.

And just to hammer it home: I started a NEW game and made it to the part where
I destroy the chopper+tanks in the ACE Chemicals factory
I got there without noticing any annoying graphic issues.
I may just keep the game at this rate but...HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!

Been playing the main game for a few hours.

Batmobile could've been a heck of a lot better, it just feels really really loose

Also Gothma has the narrowest friggin' roads ever making driving through them a hassle

You are driving a rocket powered tank... Expect to brake and drift to do sharp turns. Battle mode helps with puzzles. On the other hand, your car plows through any obstacle.

Personally, the batmobile is a great extension of batman experience, more gadgets and tricks would just overload the experience with useless gimmicks. It is almost like Rocksteady advertised: two game modes in one package. It is a bit out of place and forced sometimes, but I guess it is better than beating up twice as much goons.

Top Bottom