• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight - Review Thread

That gamespot review seems to be more inline with my expectations than the others. I suppose I'll hold off till there are more impressions and reviews before I pay less than $10 for it on steam.

Red Hood

Banned
That gamespot review seems to be more inline with my expectations than the others. I suppose I'll hold off till there are more impressions and reviews before I pay less than $10 for it on steam.

You're bound to find someone who'll sell their GTX 970/980 code for cheap. Got mine for €15.

dugdug

Banned
Still gonna wait on it. Arkham City is still at 96% on metacritic and I wasn't that taken with it.

Awesome for Rocksteady, though! Congrats to that team.

tomhan

I don't enjoy the super hero genre at all. I curse good game devs / filmmakers for using their talents to make super hero schlock. I sincerely hope Rocksteady never makes another super hero game.

All that being said, I will buy this game day 1.

Red Hood

Banned
Is there a reason I should agree with a hyperbolic statement like that?

I can't see why it couldn't be the best game of the generation so far. Why couldn't it be? A lot of production value. It looks great, probably plays even better. Sounds like a good candidate.

Gamespot review mentions a lot of the concerns I have with the game.

Will continue to wait and see I guess.

Rest of the reviews seem good but thats not exactly a sign of a games quality these days.

Lakitu

st5fu
Paid off my pre-order. Sounds like Rocksteady have done it again. Don't like the forced Batmobile thing though.

Why does gamespot always almost seem contrarian except a few titles? They always seem to be one of the lower scores.

Why is their having a different opinion contrarian? Maybe, you know, they just didn't feel the same way about it that others did, a perfectly human thing for them to do.

This is the 4th (5th if you count Blackgate) Arkham game. Expectations are different.

Sorry if I come off as lazy but does any review confirm challenges are still there?
I speed read the Polygon review and they don't seem to mention them.

so it seems the batmobile is shit, every reviews states the same, even the ones with high score

batmobile_o_1738077.jpg

So it sounds like everything is as good as the previous game, except for the Batmobile. I can accept that.

Why is their having a different opinion contrarian? Maybe, you know, they just didn't feel the same way about it that others did, a perfectly human thing for them to do.

This is the 4th (5th if you count Blackgate) Arkham game. Expectations are different.

Usually when most opinions are one direction..the one that goes against the grain stands out...pretty easy to understand. I was just asking why it almost always seems to be gamespot. Outliers stand out.

phanphare

Banned
Lots to get excited about, but the Batmobile stuff, and the Batmobile combat in particular, doesn't sound good at all.

Ah well.

yeah that's pretty concerning to me as well

the batmobile stuff never seemed to fit in with what worked best from the series. although I'm an Asylum > City guy so that might explain it.

ah well, I'm sure it's still a good game though

shandy706

I look forward to playing this down the road.

After 3 games I'm Batman'ed out. Don't really have any hype or interest at all right now.

I'll keep an eye on PC deals/sales/bargains.

I've also, somehow, bought 8 games in the Steam sale (that I don't need with my backlog) to keep me busy.

Alienous

So I'm getting the sense from the reviews that the story is nothing to write home about.

I look forward to seeing for myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if Martin Lancaster and co. didn't achieve anything compelling. Still even the prospect of a mediocre story somewhat excites me, it's weird.

Certinty

From the recent videos I've seen the Batmobile does seem out of place, looks like something out of a Transformers game in all honesty.

Still looking forward to this though, first three games were all pretty good.

BearPawB

Banned
The Batmobile never once sounded like a good idea.
Even if the rest of the game is great, I am not sure I need to play another one of these.

Top Bottom