• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight September DLC trailer (Nightwing, Tumbler, and more)

Shaanyboi

Banned
Trailer here

PR:
Nightwing Takes Center Stage In BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT September DLC Update

Set after the main story mission of Batman: Arkham Knight, Nightwing (Scott Porter) takes center stage in the September DLC update. Can he stop the Penguin (Nolan North) from breaking out of the Gotham City Police Department.

The newest series of add-ons for Batman™: Arkham Knight – 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Pack and Original Arkham Batman Skin, are available beginning today for fans who have purchased the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, and are connected to the Internet. The 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Pack can also be purchased a la carte beginning today for $1.99 MSRP on the PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE online entertainment network from Microsoft, while the Original Arkham Batman Skin is free-to-download for owners of the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One.

The 2008 Tumbler Pack places you in the cockpit of the iconic Batmobile from the 2008 film ‘The Dark Knight’ as you navigate two movie-inspired tracks in the Tumbler. Challenge and compete with your friends for the fastest time or wreak havoc on the destructible streets of Gotham City upon full eradication of all drones. Additionally, today’s free-to-download Original Arkham Batman Skin lets you invoke fear into the eyes of your foes wearing the suit that started it all, the original Arkham Asylum Batman Costume.

The 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Pack and more are included with the Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass, which delivers regular new content for six months featuring new story missions, more Super-Villains invading Gotham City, new legendary Batmobiles, advanced challenge maps, alternative character skins, and new drivable race tracks.

Additional downloadable content becomes available next Tuesday, September 29th:
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #2: Grab this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack and receive various challenge maps for Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman and the Batmobile. This expansive challenge pack allows focused training in Freeflow Combat and Invisible Predator stealth incursion.
• GCPD Lockdown: Set after the events of Arkham Knight, play as Nightwing to stop the Penguin from breaking out of the Gotham City Police Department in this thrilling story pack.

Stay tuned for even more Batman: Arkham Knight downloadable content coming in October, including:
• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack: Travel back in time with the Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Pack. This pack includes the 1960s TV Series Batmobile, Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin, Classic TV Series Robin Skin and two racetracks inspired by the Batman Classic TV Series.
• Catwoman's Revenge: Set after the events of Arkham Knight, prowl the night as Catwoman as she seeks her revenge on the Riddler with this story pack.
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3: Get this Crime Fighter Challenge Pack to receive various combat and predator maps featuring Batman, Nightwing, Robin, and Azrael.

BiggNife

Has any of the DLC story content been any good? I know most people agree Batgirl was underwhelming, and the Red Hood mission is like ten minutes long. I'm way more interested in story content than DLC costumes/batmobiles/challenge maps but nothing I've seen so far has really piqued my interest.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Has any of the DLC story content been any good? I know most people agree Batgirl was underwhelming, and the Red Hood mission is like ten minutes long. I'm way more interested in story content than DLC costumes/batmobiles/challenge maps but nothing I've seen so far has really piqued my interest.
No, the story packs thus far have all been completely forgettable. Harley's had a neat touch of her psyche and insecurities vocalizing themselves in her version of "detective mode", but that's it.

lcap

It's honestly the worst $40 bucks I've ever spent on a Season Pass. It's simply not worth the value I've paid yet. I really hope it changes througout the DLC launches, but it's the first time I regret a purchase this gen.

Omega

Banned

Arkham DLC has always been trash.

It's honestly the worst $40 bucks I've ever spent on a Season Pass. It's simply not worth the value I've paid yet. I really hope it changes througout the DLC launches, but it's the first time I regret a purchase this gen.

Honestly dude, I have no sympathy at all for you. The DLC for Arkham City was shite, which should have been a forewarning of what to expect from Arkham Knight, and Warner are a pretty bad publisher when it comes to removing stuff to sell back as DLC.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I'm thankful I skipped. I was feeling anxious about it before but now? Nah. Hopefully this DLC is actually interesting, but I think my reservation is justified. The Catwoman DLC next month will hopefully be something worth talking about.

• GCPD Lockdown: Set after the events of Arkham Knight, play as Nightwing to stop the Penguin from breaking out of the Gotham City Police Department in this thrilling story pack.

probably the only thing im excited for here but i can see that being very meh like harley quinn and red hood.

Meh

probably the only thing im excited for here but i can see that being very meh like harley quinn and red hood.

Meh
It'll probably be less involved than the Origins GCPD segment.

It's a shame thinking of what could've been for this season pass considering the source material is ripe for episodic content. Oh well

HardRojo

Don't really like the idea of releasing story DLC that's set after the events of the game. I feel like it kind of messed with the ending.

Shaanyboi

Banned
It'll probably be less involved than the Origins GCPD segment.

It's a shame thinking of what could've been for this season pass considering the source material is ripe for episodic content. Oh well

Yyyyyup. The Batgirl one? Oh shit, it's a Killing Joke-inspired DLC? No.... no she goes in, saved her dad and.... yeah.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Be nice if they added the real ending to the season pass.

I got halfway through the Riddler stuff, think I'm done with it.

lcap

Honestly dude, I have no sympathy at all for you. The DLC for Arkham City was shite, which should have been a forewarning of what to expect from Arkham Knight, and Warner are a pretty bad publisher when it comes to removing stuff to sell back as DLC.

It was my first Arkham game and I really enjoyed the game, so, as I was finishing the game I decided to buy it hoping it would bring me more of the game I was loving.

Now that the dust has settled I feel kinda cheated. I played the Batgirl DLC and didn't liked it. The Harley was nice albeit short, and the Red Hood I still have no interest in playing it.

I have nothing against season passes, but as long as they give at least the value I'm expecting from it and this is really not the case.

Drayco21

It's all been terrible, forgettable or both. The most exciting thing coming is actually a free patch coming to allow us to play as all the characters in the challenge missions.

Buburibon

I'm still waiting for the "full-rain effects on continue" DLC to hit the PC.

Seriously, though, I can't wait to play through all the DLC once they manage to fix it on PC.

Nick

I'm actually quite pleased that the original disc content felt like a complete package to me, so I'm not pressed that I didn't buy the season pass. Maybe if a deal shows up where it's 20 dollars or less. *shrug*

Setsuna

What if we told them that we dont care about predator maps and that what we want is to run around the city as all of the characters. As well as that we just want to use characters on any course

Like why are they being so strict on what we can do

Krakn3Dfx

ctrl + f "PC"

Yep figured.

Yep.
A%20guy%20shakes%20his%20head%20and%20walks%20away.gif

Aces&Eights

Shit, I'm still near the beginning of the core game. Put it down for Metal Gear but I suspect Fallout 4 will be my next go to game once I'm done with Snake. Then Bloodborne DLC. Ugh, I should have waited to buy this game.

Super pumped for Catwoman content. I wish the story pack was at least as big as the Batgirl DLC but it probably won't be. Still that 66 skin is awesome. Julie Newmar = the best Catwoman.

Zaheer

Wow, I'm glad I waited instead of picking this up on release day. I was actually considering picking up the season pass if it was $20-25 because the last entry was incredible. That $40 price tag saved me from myself. Can't wait to pick up the GOTYE of this and Mortal Kombat X.

Nightwing is one of my favorite heroes. I hope this is good.

I might buy it depending on the price and if its any good.

If its as forgettable as Harley/Red Hood/Batgirl. Then I'll skip it.

Arkham Knight DLC has been pretty terribad.

ShutterMunster

I got this season pass for $20 and I still feel underwhelmed by their releases. The Harley Quinn and Batgirl stuff was so half-baked. Tremendously short side affairs with no new gameplay experiences to boot. If anything playing as Batgirl, especially after having completed the main campaign, felt like a chore. She didn't have a lot of the moves and gadgets Batman had and it made some of those large enemy encounters a little frustrating.

Also: How do you release the Tumbler and none of the Nolan Bat-Suits? I mean you did it for the 89' one, why not for this one? I'm still so goddamn annoyed about all this race track content. The worst part of the game and it's the largest aspect of their DLC platform. I try not to get worked up over a lot of this stuff—I normally don't even bother with DLC—but Rocksteady really shit the bed in some key areas with their last Bat effort. It's so immensely disappointing.

i paid the $7 or whatever for the batgirl pack and totally regretted it, i'm not falling for the same shit again.

even if it's nightwing.

Lime

Has Warner Brothers said or hinted at anything about compensating the PC customers of the game? Perhaps a free game or something.

Some Nobody

What if we told them that we dont care about predator maps and that what we want is to run around the city as all of the characters. As well as that we just want to use characters on any course

Like why are they being so strict on what we can do

Returned this game two weeks after I got it and never regretted because I didn't like the answers I got to this.

jaxpunk

Has Warner Brothers said or hinted at anything about compensating the PC customers of the game? Perhaps a free game or something.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I got the game free with my 970 and I feel ripped off. Bought it from Best Buy and they didn't give two shits that the game was broke because the code redeemed. Though ya can't chalk it up to WB pc ports as a whole, Mad Max runs like a champ.

Top Bottom