• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Spoiler thread (THERE WILL BE UNMARKED SPOILERS)

At the request of some gaffers, I am making this Arkham Knight spoiler thread.

ALL SPOILERS MAY OR MAY NOT BE UNMARKED SO CLICK AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION! THIS WARNING IS IN PLACE BECAUSE PEOPLE COME POST UNMARKED SPOILERS IN SPOILER THREADS ALL THE TIME. I WILL MARK ALL MY SPOILERS I SUGGEST OTHERS DO THE SAME.

ALSO READ THIS FIRST POST I MADE IT LARGE INTENTIONALLY SO PEOPLE CAN GET OUT OF THE SPOILER THREAD IF CLICKED ON ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read some spoilers and will share them with this thread AFTER a couple posts here, just so that way EVERYONE CAN READ THE WARNINGS

ONCE AGAIN UNMARKED SPOILERS MAY APPEAR HERE SO VIEW THREAD AT OWN DISCRETION

Now...

2559799-bak_sshot075.jpg

Let The Spoilers commence.

Arkham Knight? He's the Joker.

Batman? He's the Joker.

Robin? He's the Joker.

Scarecrow? He's the Joker.

I know these truthfacts because my uncle works for Rocksteady. Sorry if I've ruined it, but OP did warn about unmarked spoilers.

Nori Chan

I'm just curious if you can play as Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman in challenge maps. And if they have costumes right off the bat. I'm only staying in this thread for that answer and I'm gone lol

Where have you read them? 4Chan?

nope dude who got the game post them and the guide leaked too

You got the game?

nope.

Kay some spoilers incoming, First one, about the Ending and a villain not introduced yet

I will mark the text spoilers and just hyperlink the image

A image from the strategy guide shows the mission select wheel and confirms manbat to be in the game.

- In order to get the full ending of the game you will need to complete all side missions before ending the game.

link to image here

Fucking Nick Fury shows up and talks to Batman about the Avengers Initiative. I can't believe Marvel is actually going through with a shared universe.

nope.

Kay some spoilers incoming, First one, about the Ending and a villain not introduced yet

A image from the strategy guide shows the mission select wheel and confirms manbat to be in the game.

- In order to get the full ending of the game you will need to complete all side missions before ending the game.

link to image here

Interesting.I wonder why that is.

Interesting. It seems like there are three endings - the "worst" (don't do any side missions, stick to main quest only), middle-of-the-road (do 7 Most Wanted missions and activate Knightfall protocol) and the "best" (do all side missions, 100% completion).

Ridley327

nope.

link to image here

Is that supposed to be
Man Bat
in that image? Funky choice, but I like it.

I wonder if his fight will take on similarities with Firefly from Origins...

Does Batman die at the end?

This is very important to me. I had a guy tell me, "If this turns out to be true and you just spoiled this game for me, this friendship is over. Period." Haven't spoken to him since.

I'm dying to know how it ends.

Interesting. It seems like there are three endings - the "worst" (don't do any side missions, stick to main quest only), middle-of-the-road (do 7 Most Wanted missions and activate Knightfall protocol) and the "best" (do all side missions, 100% completion).

I'm betting Batman dies in at least one of them. That would explain the LE statue.

Somehow I doubt they'll make you do all that kind of stuff to get the other ending, but they've mentioned there are a lot fewer Riddler trophies this time around.

And this suit doesn't look the same as AC's.

It's the same suit, just upped for the Next Gen sequel. Rocksteady confirmed it themselves.

yea based off achievements? Im thinking there is a partial ending, and a full ending if 100% is achieved

Does Batman die at the end?

This is very important to me. I had a guy tell me, "If this turns out to be true and you just spoiled this game for me, this friendship is over. Period." Haven't spoken to him since.

I'm dying to know how it ends.

Nothing about that has leaked yet.

Furyous

If there are multiple ending then hopefully there's a moral system. Let me choose whether people, live, die, or are crippled.

It's the same suit, just upped for the Next Gen sequel. Rocksteady confirmed it themselves.

It might be the same canonically, same way characters like Poison Ivy are still the same, yet look considerably different. The suit looks like it's a different material than whatever showed up in Arkham City.

It might be the same canonically, same way characters like Poison Ivy are still the same, yet look considerably different. The suit looks like it's a different material than whatever showed up in Arkham City.

its fine, batman probably had to slightly upgrade it since the events of AC. Comics show same suit.

Corpekata

Banned
So, is it wise to get the strategy guide for this game if I want to do everything ?

Can't imagine it would be hard to do everything in the game, the game apparently has a button dedicated to selecting your missions so they probably have pretty big indicators of when they're available.

people complain, plus I know some people usually dont read first post where i warn them. So i been marking them just in case.

If they can't be bothered to read the giant "unmarked spoiler" warning in the title, that's on them. Same with the GoT unmarked book spoilers thread.

Out of all the unconfirmed (and probably false) ending spoilers I've seen floating around, the one I wouldn't have a problem with is
Rocksteady pulling a Red Dead Redemption and having Bruce die in the end, activating the Knightfall protocol, and having Dick take up the mantle for the post-game.

Regarding AK's identity, I wouldn't be surprised if the game leads you (and Batman) to believe it's Jason, only for some twist to show that it isn't.

funo

Out of all the unconfirmed (and probably false) ending spoilers I've seen floating around, the one I wouldn't have a problem with is
Rocksteady pulling a Red Dead Redemption and having Bruce die in the end, activating the Knightfall protocol, and having Dick take up the mantle for the post-game.

This one might actually be pretty close.

Top Bottom