• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

tim1138

Played a little using the gamepad, looks like nearly all of the features from the Armored Edition are gone. Even hacking consoles is done with the sticks.

I dont mind (i wanted to use the pro controller) but those of you looking forward to gamepad specific features will be bummed.

Lame. I really dug the gamepad features in AC.

Fuck, this cutscene issue is really bothering me. I got gameplay pretty playable, but the cutscenes still run like complete dogshit. Out of sync, choppy framerate, and it always causes a glitch whenever it goes back to gameplay. Any solution for this? I can't enjoy the story if it's told through a slideshow.
Which system?

strafer

Wow Copperhead is awesome :D

Reminds me too much of

hoWzGXi.jpg

The Fear from Metal Gear olsid.

BibiMaghoo

Why is there no next gen version of this game :(

I've spent 5 minutes with it on PC, and with everything turned up it murders my PC, and would look great on the next gen consoles.

Sad this is the case.

GolazoDan

One thing I haven't spotted: does this game have any of the environmental riddles, like holding LB on posters or whatever? I always liked them. I know the functionality's there, obviously, but I haven't found anything yet.

Please don't say they've taken away my massive comic book reference collectathon, :-(

Sullichin

So, there's no way to use PS3 button prompts on the PC version (like when the game was demoed at that Nvidia event), right? Hoping someone figures out a way...I wish games allowed you to do that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One thing I haven't spotted: does this game have any of the environmental riddles, like holding LB on posters or whatever? I always liked them. I know the functionality's there, obviously, but I haven't found anything yet.

Please don't say they've taken away my massive comic book reference collectathon, :-(

Sorry dude, they took those out.

Sothpaw

Why is there no next gen version of this game :(

I've spent 5 minutes with it on PC, and with everything turned up it murders my PC, and would look great on the next gen consoles.

Sad this is the case.

Well I have a rig more powerful than the ps4xbone and am enjoying playing the next gen version quite a bit.

Before I forget, I wanted to say: I really liked the small appearence by
Alberto Falcone - Holiday!
No idea if they show up any further in the game, but that was cool given I just reread the books concerning the character. Some cool little references too: First time I entered the batcave I spotted
the newspaper clippings mentioning the original red hood, Calender man and someone else I think -
pretty cool!

Ahasverus

They kinda kept them, now they are Anarky's eugoligies or I dunno what they are called.

FHIZ

The WBID servers REALLY don't want me to play this game. Tried deleting my save to see if it would prompt me to log in again. Nope, still tried to access the login. Cleared the system cache. NOPE. This is so fucked.

TentPole

Fuck, this cutscene issue is really bothering me. I got gameplay pretty playable, but the cutscenes still run like complete dogshit. Out of sync, choppy framerate, and it always causes a glitch whenever it goes back to gameplay. Any solution for this? I can't enjoy the story if it's told through a slideshow.

I had the same problem. Rebooting my computer fixed it for whatever reason.

Does WB Montreal plan on patching the game to allow a remap of the L and R buttons? It's a real inconvenience having to adjust to the new configuration.

Ok so anybody else having problems launching the game? I got the digital preorder from EU PSN, downloaded the game and it says I can't start the game before the launch day. I tried to redownload but the problem is still there...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So for people who preffered AA to AC (like me), this is still worth it to pick up for the apparently superior story/presentation? If this is a more focused experience than AC, then I'm suddenly more hyped again. Might pick it up this weekend...

Etaber

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention on what to do next but fuck I'm stuck right now with no idea what to do, I just beat
anarchy
and the only objective on my map right now is
locate black mask
but there is no marker for it..

I'm stuck in the same spot. Did you figure it out?

Geoff9920

Okay, I feel really stupid asking this. Post second boss fight question:
I just beat deathstroke, but now I can't figure out how to get out of this place. I get a cut scene with penguin locked safely in his room and I get a message from Alfred saying I need to go check a crime scene. There's a hint to use the new gadget to get out, but I attach it to the only two points that will work and I don't see anywhere I can go after that. Also, it won't let me out of the doors. :-\

It's probably something really obvious that I'm over looking, but I'm just not seeing it right now.

Squishy3

Okay, I feel really stupid asking this. Post second boss fight question:
I just beat deathstroke, but now I can't figure out how to get out of this place. I get a cut scene with penguin locked safely in his room and I get a message from Alfred saying I need to go check a crime scene. There's a hint to use the new gadget to get out, but I attach it to the only two points that will work and I don't see anywhere I can go after that. Also, it won't let me out of the doors. :-\

It's probably something really obvious that I'm over looking, but I'm just not seeing it right now.
You have to grapple.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So what is the verdict on the Wii U version?

Nobody's had time for a full playthrough yet. Initial impressions seem to be:

+ not a rushed port, runs well without the constant frame dips of armored edition.
- no effort made for Wii U specific features this time, though it does have achievements that it posts to miiverse.

Plus ten bucks cheaper for no multiplayer.

Nobody's had time for a full playthrough yet. Initial impressions seem to be:

+ not a rushed port, runs well without the constant frame dips of armored edition.
- no effort made for Wii U specific features this time, though it does have achievements that it posts to miiverse.

Plus ten bucks cheaper for no multiplayer.

Thanks bud.

Hurley

I'm stuck in the same spot. Did you figure it out?

Yeah I did, turns out a glitch removed the objective marker.

Anyway, you need to go to
lacey towers
if you haven't already, looking for the place itself took me a while since there was no marker on the map.

SJRB

Gold Member
Try reloading, there are a few bugs like that. Most of them go away when the game's reloaded.

It is, but it has a similar asterisk that Skyrim did. It's an amazing game, but it's also a bit buggy.

Wow. Wowowow, hold it chief. There's "a bit buggy" and then there's Skyrim. Saying Origins is like Skyrim is a huge disservice to Origins.

Are there any pics of the collector's edition Joker statue floating around? I want to see what it legitimately looks like, and how big it is.

Top Bottom