• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro Play: Batman Arkham Origins - The Christmas Arkham Game!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! We're publishing this Retro Play on Christmas Day and why not, bearing in mind that Batman Arkham Origins takes place on Christmas Eve, moving into Christmas Day! John Linneman and Marc 'Try4ce' Duddleson take the controls of the Wii U and PC (with full PhysX) versions, plus there's a little Xbox 360 too.

PS. Better game than Arkham Knight.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
PS. Better game than Arkham Knight.
No GIF

Mr Hyde

Played through it recently on the PS3 but the performance was awful, so I rebought it on GoG so I can play in crispy 60fps and high fidelity. It's a great game. I don't know why it's always excluded from the conversation when Arkham Batman is brought up. It's always about the Rocksteady trilogy.

Origins isn't a bad game per se but the fact that WB Montreal literally gave up on bug fixing was very bad form. They carried on with developing DLC but basically said fuck the players who had game breaking bugs. If it wasn't for the fact that I played on PC (where I was able to fix a progression blocker myself with CheatEngine), I would have never finished the game.

Say what you will about Arkham Knight but Rocksteady never gave up on it. They even released the Battinson costume YEARS after release!

Only Arkham game I never played. Wonder how it runs on steam deck.
it plays really well last I checked, but I'm sure it's one of those odd games that has an "unplayable" status, yet is the opposite. If there's an issue with it, I'm struggling to recall why, and it's not 100% clear why Steam have classed it as such.

Off topic: Sleeping Dogs has a similar rating, yet it's completely playable. The map is kinda the wrong scale for 10ft, that's about it.

Fake

I forgot how bad this game is.

Nice comparison, but I was expecting vs Xbox 360 with would be more fair.

Perrott

Gold Member
Only Arkham game I never played. Wonder how it runs on steam deck.
Arkham Origins is arguably the best game in the series, you should totally play it.

And considering that it is a PS3 game, it should run very well on the Deck: native resolution, high/ultra settings at probably 60fps, or 45fps (90hz) in the absolute worst scenario.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

John said something bad about Hogwarts on Twitter because he was being harassed about the game and now he is a terrible person forever.

nah nah nah he don't get away with this shit so easily. I will remember what he said.
He was clearly playing up the woke crowd to not get cancelled. Trying to get on the "good side".
Their hogwarts coverage was much delayed since they finally caved in weeks later by other df member. Let me remind you - biggest game of the year. The one they would normally cover before release.
No mention of in in best graphics of 2023. not even honorable mention and game looks great
xFjBlOI.png

Pathetic, cowardly and pandering to reee crowd. Unless it was some clear ironic tweet which flew right by me

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dude do you need to post this every thread lmao
Not in every thread.
Only in every thread where john talks about Open World thread.
he never talks like that. He never even swears lol. But all of sudden he hates open world games and HP?
no man. That's low. very low

RAIDEN1

I had the game, but not sure what happened there was game breaking glitch of some sort, and I never completed it, and then traded it in, I am looking to eventually get into the Telltale version of the Batman games though...

bender

What time is it?
This is available to stream via PS+ (insert tier name here) via PS3 classics. Probably the least ideal way to play it but I gave it a few hours and beat the second boss which was a complete QTE bore. In that time I fell through the world geometry once, got reverted back to an odd checkpoint and ran into an encounter with the enemy AI didn't trigger so I just got to beat the hell out of some hoodlums as they did their best mannequin impression. Can't really say I'm impressed.

Top Bottom