• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Hard Arcade - the “best” licensed game ever? A Christmas game?

VGEsoterica

200% agree. It's Die Hard, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, and The Muppet Christmas Carol for my wife and I. Throw in the episode of Aqua Teen with the Ghost from Christmas Past and little Carl eating carpet samples for christmas dinner and you've got yourself a holiday!

VGEsoterica

Your dad was right

Forgot the quite in my comment above

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
200% agree. It's Die Hard, Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Scrooged, and The Muppet Christmas Carol for my wife and I. Throw in the episode of Aqua Teen with the Ghost from Christmas Past and little Carl eating carpet samples for christmas dinner and you've got yourself a holiday!
Although not all Christmas films , Ghostbusters and Back to the Future and the original trilogy Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Groundhog Day, Batman Returns
Add them to Die Hard, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, A Christmas Carol and Gremlins, Home Alone 1/2
And that's pretty much my Christmas

Last edited:

Soodanim

I spent so much time playing Die Hard Trilogy as a child, of course I cheated all the way through 1 and 3 because I wasn't any good at them. Especially 3, I thought it was impossible. I'm watching gameplay now, enjoying the voice clips. So good.

Goldeneye is unique in that nobody cared about the movie (it's just a random Bond movie, not even the most classic one) but the game itself is a classic. Most people played the game first and decided to watch the movie it's based on later on.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a game they made a movie about.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

I spent so much time playing Die Hard Trilogy as a child, of course I cheated all the way through 1 and 3 because I wasn't any good at them. Especially 3, I thought it was impossible. I'm watching gameplay now, enjoying the voice clips. So good.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was a game they made a movie about.

I remember nothing about the movie except Pierce Brosnan was in it. I could play Goldeneye drunk with one eye open and remember remember every enemy placement

Kokoloko85

If you enjoy those play "Dynamite Deka EX: Asian Dynamite". You'll need a NAOMI emulator (I use Demul) but its a Chinese specific reskin / remake of Dynamite Deka 2

Thanks. Ill check that out for sure when I have a PC. Me and my friends loved those games haha

Dev1lXYZ

Die Hard Arcade was bought from my local Software Etc and returned for a refund within 24 hours. The load times bothered me to no end. It should have utilized the RAM cart and was more or less a disappointing port. The graphics were also a bit of a downgrade from the arcade, which most of us had easy access to back then and could finish in a few bucks. It should have released as a budget title.

Naked Lunch

In this current NeoGAF sea of console warring nonsense,
the threads of VGEsoterica make this forum still worth visiting...
Thank you sir.

Tuff McNutt

I can't really think of any other "goofy" movie to game adaptations, maybe the Aliens and Aliens Vs. Predator Konami games? Especially the AVP one since it has Dutch (Arnold) teaming with the predators. Cliffhanger on Sega CD is pretty weird too, they changed a lot of it to a snowboarding game???

The Terminator on Sega CD is probably my favorite movie to game translation. Back in the day the clips from the movie and excellent soundtrack in surround sound blew my mind (also the hallucinogenics helped).

bitbydeath

images

VGEsoterica

I can't really think of any other "goofy" movie to game adaptations, maybe the Aliens and Aliens Vs. Predator Konami games? Especially the AVP one since it has Dutch (Arnold) teaming with the predators. Cliffhanger on Sega CD is pretty weird too, they changed a lot of it to a snowboarding game???

The Terminator on Sega CD is probably my favorite movie to game translation. Back in the day the clips from the movie and excellent soundtrack in surround sound blew my mind (also the hallucinogenics helped).

The Terminator on Sega CD is still an awesome game. So much better than the Genesis version

Top Bottom