• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Reddit Rumour probably BS according to press sneak fuck of substantial repute

Falchion

Sounds awesome but I hope the spoiler about the end of the story isn't that big of a deal. It would be awesome if we get a March reveal and a holiday release.

Batman game:
Origins map + Knight map
co-op
Selectable in story and open world: Batman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Robin(Tim, Damian), Batgirl(Barbara, Cass, Steph), Batwoman
standard Batmobile, Batcycles and Batboat

+Birds of Prey DLC(Story, Black Canary, Katana and Huntress)
+ Arrow DLC(Story, Green Arrow maybe a few others)
+Sirens DLC(Story, Harley and Ivy)

Game could never be topped.

I love the Bat and played every single one of these games, but man, I'm exhausted by the format at this point. The series needs a break, barring SIGNFICANT changes to the game design and the gameplay loop.

This sounds good. But will end up being fake which sucks because it already sounds a million times better than ant Damien Wayne game.

Give me this or Batman Beyond with Terry. And never make a Damien game ever.

Chris1

Given the people who have went in on the Damian Wayne game, I'll say this is almost assuredly wrong.
This plus a November release date sounds wrong. They aren't going to put batman up against rdr cod battlefront and who knows what else. Late September is the latest I see it this year

That sounds good to me. It's interesting that he picked March 8. If he was just making up BS you'd think he'd pick something further away or just not be specific at all

Might also be because of the Batmobile. In most open world games it doesn't matter if you run over a few civilians, but here it would completely break the character.

Why can't they just make the civilians invincible and make them dodge your car like in Midnight Club? People act like there is no other solution than to keep doing the city invaded crap.

I was hoping for something different in the next Batman game.

Arkham Knight engine is fine but let's move to a different timeline or location.

Its fake, there's no inclusion of the greatest Batman villain.

latest

Idk I think I'd much rather see them do other heroes and then maybe build up to a Justice league game , but if this is true I'll probably buy it anyways

This plus a November release date sounds wrong. They aren't going to put batman up against rdr cod battlefront and who knows what else. Late September is the latest I see it this year

You mean like Origins? That released a little over a month after gtav, and a week before Cod Ghosts/ three days before Battlefield 4. I mean it was dumb, but there's presidence.

Ahasverus

Idk I think I'd much rather see them do other heroes and then maybe build up to a Justice league game , but if this is true I'll probably buy it anyways
Wonder Woman is tailor made for them. Exotic locations, acrobatic combat, big monsters, I mean, it's all there.

dan2026

I feel I am kind of done with Batman games.
There are so many heroes that would make interesting games, yet it's always Batman.
Expected but sad.

Blader

The plot is that there has been a mass breakout at Blackgate and Arkham Asylum, and several terrorist attacks across the city, which results in the GCPD blocking off a segment of Gotham where they have completely lost control

Is this like the third time they've used this?

I'm down for more Batman as long as rocksteady isn't involved. Loved Batman arkham knight but I want to see what they can tackle next. Maybe another The last of us/horizon situation on our hands.

Caffeine

Given the people who have went in on the Damian Wayne game, I'll say this is almost assuredly wrong.

maybe they are done with the damian wayne game and this is talks about their next project.
a lot of people on reddit were speculating that wb montreal was working on origins 2 awhile back, then the heavily proposed damian wayne game, and suicide squad, but we all know suicide squad got the axe. they were probably spreading the team too thin between 3 projects.
anyway i was super pissed when i heard they never ported origins to ps4 in that arkham bundle...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
maybe they are done with the damian wayne game and this is talks about their next project.
a lot of people on reddit were speculating that wb montreal was working on origins 2 awhile back, then the heavily proposed damian wayne game, and suicide squad, but we all know suicide squad got the axe. they were probably spreading the team too thin between 3 projects.
anyway i was super pissed when i heard they never ported origins to ps4 in that arkham bundle...

Their site only ever listed making two AAA DC games, and Suicide Squad was recently canceled, so I'm thinking they just only have one now.

These days you need around 250-300+ people to make a AAA game that really stands out anyway, so this might actually solve some production issues for them.

DesertFox

Sounds awesome but I hope the spoiler about the end of the story isn't that big of a deal. It would be awesome if we get a March reveal and a holiday release.

Seriously, what the fuck was that? I'm going to leak an unannounced game and spoil the final act of the game simultaneously. Uh, thanks?.... I guess?

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
am. down.

Hope Roger Craig Smith reprises the Batman role.

I will accept the changes in the Batmobile for the benefit of the series' popularity, but for me it was Batman Rally X and I enjoyed it in Arkham Knight. I had zero issues and a great time with AK on PS4, so let's hope they keep the PC port in-house this time instead of handing it to Dave Lang's squad.

I dunno...I really liked Origins (even thought it had superior atmosphere to City), but it was a fairly buggy game. Given that Arkham Knight was buggy mess with Rocksteady at the helm, can you imagine how buggy this new game is going to be?

And I don't really care for the timeline. I don't want to see what happens between Origins and Asylum, it's not particularly interesting. Do something bold--show us the timeline after Knight.

Caffeine

Their site only ever listed making two AAA DC games, and Suicide Squad was recently canceled, so I'm thinking they just only have one now.

These days you need around 250-300+ people to make a AAA game that really stands out anyway, so this might actually solve some production issues for them.

oh ye that makes sense I totally forgot they were only making 2 AAA games. From the sound of suicide squad it didnt even sound like a AAA game just some half ass movie tie in that didnt make the cut. lol plus we dont know when it was officially canned.

opricnik

Banned
I would be lying if i said i wont be playing this but man please fucking fix combat system .

I wish that Gotham by Gaslight thing happened looked amazing

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
oh ye that makes sense I totally forgot they were only making 2 AAA games. From the sound of suicide squad it didnt even sound like a AAA game just some half ass movie tie in that didnt make the cut. lol plus we dont know when it was officially canned.

It was actually the game they founded the studio to make way back in 2010. I suspect they probably ended up losing around $40+ million by the time they canned it.

est1992

It was actually the game they founded the studio to make way back in 2010. I suspect they probably ended up losing around $40+ million by the time they canned it.
Someone help me out in this-- is that a lot of money for a studio to lose? Especially one with a publisher like WB backing them?

I wouldn't mind if they cut out the whole open world aspect and made something more focused again like in Asylum. I loved Origins though, so I'm looking forward to whatever it is they are cooking up.

Some Nobody

Someone help me out in this-- is that a lot of money for a studio to lose? Especially one with a publisher like WB backing them?

$40 million isn't exactly inexpensive regardless of who's backing you. No way WB was happy about it, so they canned that game for a reason.

Top Bottom