• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Reddit Rumour probably BS according to press sneak fuck of substantial repute

firelogic

So because he's no longer going to be working for a company, he thinks it's fine to leak private information? Good luck getting/keeping a new job. Prospective employers are always trying to hire employees who like to talk.

So because he's no longer going to be working for a company, he thinks it's fine to leak private information? Good luck getting/keeping a new job. Prospective employers are always trying to hire employees who like to talk.

This is the thing that leads me to believe what he's saying is fake. You would like to think someone wouldn't be so dumb.

Corpekata

Banned
All the villains make me think fake. Too few returning faces and too many deep cuts from the rogue's gallery (especially when the concept is an Asylum breakout), makes it sound like fan wankery.

RedHill

Banned
This user says that SS, an Origins sequel, and the Damian game are all in development at the same time. Lol this is a damn lie.

Edit: not to mention the plot is apparently an asylum/blackgate breakout (really?) and almost none of these villains fit that MO

This sounds like the same old, same old. The Damian Wayne rumour is a lot more compelling. However it would be twist if both turned out to be true

sjay1994

Like, I would be happy if the Arkham series kinda ended, but I'd prefer this over a Damian game.

But this doesn't sound legitimate. The name especially, sounds like a mobile game.

Some Nobody

If they're firing multiple people then he could do that with no trouble. You'd never know which person did it, so it wouldn't matter.

That is, if this leak were real, which it isn't. :p

pa22word

I just really don't think I have it in me to play another one of these games. I've effectively played 6 of these games now up to and including Knight and its Warner little brothers in Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max, and the formula with Batman I think has just gone as far as it can go. I put 5 hours into knight and dropped it. It was a good, maybe great game but the series and formula is about a game or two away from hitting assassin's creed levels of derivative. The only real change they introduced with Knight to change the formula was the car, of which the reception was mixed at best. Otherwise it was business as usual, and the overemphasis placed on the car just reeked of Rocksteady running out of ideas to change the main formula so they just doubled down on the car in order to hope no one would notice how stale everything else was.

Gradly

This sounds legit but whatever, we will see March 8th

Origins was the only batman game I didn't play so I'm excited for a new game by the same studio

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So is this one gonna be Origins bad on PC or Arkham Knight bad on PC? Tune in and find out!

Xux

Man, this sounds awesome. Origins was brilliant and this sounds way better than the Batman 666 rumor.

I need more games where you play as Dick in my life and it'd be neat to see the Origins Robin suit design not go to waist.

I would take an Origin's sequel if they fix the issues I had with it:
  1. The challenges (that unlocked some upgrades I think) only unlocking in order. You could do a challenge (like get a 20 hit combo, or do a special stealth takedown) but if you hadn't done the previous challenge in the list first, it wouldn't count. It was almost impossible to do all the challenges in a single playthrough because certain challenges could only be done in like one or two specific encounters in the entire game, and I never wanted to do a second playthrough because...
  2. Origins was buggy! I played it on PC quite a while after it had come out and I think it had recieved patches already, but I still hit a weird bug where I fell through the environment and the game autosaved while I was falling. And because there's only the one save in the game, I was screwed and had to restart the entire game (and I made physical backups every hour or two which was really annoying). Probably lost a good 8 hours because of that. To rub salt on the wound, the developers KNEW that the game was still buggy, but announced they were not going to fix anymore in order to focus on releasing DLC.
  3. And a smaller problem but one that still irritated me was the tweaks Origins made to the combat. I forget the specifics, but I remember that either Batman punched slower than in the other games, or the enemies would attack you faster. This led to a TON of dropped combos because an enemy would bop me in the back of a head while I was on my way to punch another guy. Not a huge complaint and I did get used to it eventually (and the late game electrical gloves upgrade did make the combat faster), but it still felt off compared to the other games.
If they can fix those issues I fully welcome an Origins sequel. If not, I'll either wait for a Steam sale and get it for $10, or I'll skip it completely.

Cardon

Yeah this sounds cool, but it's hard to believe considering everything that has surfaced about the Damian game and SS, but this new title is purportedly set for a November 2017 release and magically just appeared.

So I'm filing this rumor under tales from my ass.

pa22word

And a smaller problem but one that still irritated me was the tweaks Origins made to the combat. I forget the specifics, but I remember that either Batman punched slower than in the other games, or the enemies would attack you faster. This led to a TON of dropped combos because an enemy would bop me in the back of a head while I was on my way to punch another guy. Not a huge complaint and I did get used to it eventually (and the late game electrical gloves upgrade did make the combat faster), but it still felt off compared to the other games.

The only thing that I can think of that you're talking about is that they gave enemies the opportunity to interrupt batman's animations, which I thought was a great addition to the game's combat because it gave ludic purpose to actually using ranged and crowd control combat options instead of just being able to mash the attack button to win a fight.

Mad Max did the same thing, and I would be pretty disappointed if Warner Mont got rid of it because while it may irk god of war fans the move was good for forcing fans to get out of their comfort zone and play with the pandora's box that is the Batman combat mechanics system.

soultron

Banned
This person has potentially identified themselves saying they worked on X before moving to Y. And they're still working there?

I'm calling bullshit on this. You'd have to be a real dumbass to identify yourself with the above info and a real asshole to betray your team like this, even if you're about to leave. The industry is a very small place.

It was already all but confirmed that we'd be seeing Batman related stuff on 8 March, but most signs pointed towards a sequel starring Damian Wayne. But this rumour is totally different (IMO even better), maybe unlikely but still very interesting nonetheless.

I thought the Wayne rumors were that production started in June? No way in hell they're getting that out before Fall 2019, at the earliest.

Here's the problem I have, again devils advocate (the more detail, the more likely it's wrong). Suicide Squad was rumored all the way back in 2010. I think it never really moved past prototype. Lingered in dev hell, jumping concepts, until it was cancelled last month. If that's the case, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they jumped on to this after Origins. With SS cancelled Damian ramps up, and this wraps up for a Fall release.

Zukkoyaki

I'm going to say Fake since Jason from Kotaku has already confirmed the Damian game. The dude is the most legit man in the business when it comes to leaks and rumors.

cLOUDo

3) The plot is that there has been a mass breakout at Blackgate and Arkham Asylum, and several terrorist attacks across the city, which results in the GCPD blocking off a segment of Gotham where they have completely lost control. This is the main playable area and while it's mostly populated by villains and criminals, there's a whole heap of trapped civilians that Batman and Robin will need to rescue.

doublefacepalm.gif

come on, try something different

Top Bottom