• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: The Killing Joke animated movie will be given limited theatrical release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Is this the first theatrical animated Batman movie since Mask of the Phantasm? It's a shame Killing Joke doesn't appear to have 10% of that movie's animation quality

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the first theatrical slide show since La Jetée?

83411-I-understood-that-reference-gi-6jlf.gif

ezekial45

Banned
Damn, you guys are brutal. I don't blame you all, though. It's a clear downgrade from TDKR and other WBA offerings.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I do think that turning Barbara Gordon into an actual character in the Killing Joke is a good idea, but holy crap, that random action sequence really doesn't fit this story.

Context is everything. Let's wait and see how it fits in with the finished film.

Zubz

Banned
I have a friend who wants to go, but it hit me that I never actually read TKJ. I should rectify that; I have Tuesday, July 26 off, so a late night showing is perfect for my schedule.

Wag

This movie looks like shit. It's a shame considering.

They should do a double-feature with a remastered version of Mask of the Phantasm but I think they'd be too embarrassed.

I already thought recent DC animated films had a very uninspired artstyle that even a TV show in Young Justice surpassed, but this just takes it to another level straight to Cheapsville.

Cwarrior

I bet the movie won't look 1/10 as bad as people are making it out too be, the original reveal trailer look like shit but I hope that was unfinished work.

The last few direct to blu ray DC animated movies looked great(bad blood,batman vs robin,gods & monsters and assualt on arkham)..

CryptiK

I bet the movie won't look 1/10 as bad as people are making it out too be, the original reveal trailer look like shit but I hope that was unfinished work.

The last few direct to blu ray DC animated movies looked great(bad blood,batman vs robin,gods & monsters and assualt on arkham)..

Yeah but those movies looked great in the trailer.

LewieP

Crazy that they haven't done a blu ray release of Mask of the Phantasm, but maybe they want to avoid showing up the decent but unexceptional current DC animated features, or the live action DC movies.

Sanjuro

The majority of these straight to video animated films have looked pretty awful, and I don't think that has made a huge difference in the overall reception of the story telling.

The majority of these straight to video animated films have looked pretty awful, and I don't think that has made a huge difference in the overall reception of the story telling.

They looked passable with the sole exception of Flashpoint which was hideous. But none of them looked as ridiculously underfunded as Killing Joke does.

I mean, I disagreed with Flashpoint's style, but I can't knock its animation. Here, KJ straight-up looks 5 fps.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If everything else is good I expect a "remaster" because the animation looks like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom