• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Surfinn

Anyone know if there are vehicle upgrades? I'm not seeing any in the trial.

My origin tells me 9pm PST tonight.

EDIT: On pc.

Awesome, thank you!

This is a first for me too. Knowing Dice, these three days before the servers get overwhelmed might be the only time the game runs smoothly in the first 6 months.

Haha, I hope not. I've had an excellent experience thus far.

Can you please try CQ and share if framerate is stable.Looks great!

Played a couple rounds and it seemed fine, maybe sub 60. Granted I was playing with the FOV up a little. Connection was kinda funky though (US east coast servers so game isn't technically out for PS4 here). I'll try default FOV and see what it feels like.

Few more shots:

yxTpwcr.png

vT28LhY.png

KZlZXvj.png

PGhgMde.png

vwnifFM.png

WFVzx5q.png

onQvYet.png

77bDK4T.png

Some more here

Eyeron

Very hyped. Building a new PC for the first time in a decade. This will be glorious. I've been a fan since BF 1942's broken ass launch.

Man just went 15 minutes without dying, ended wiht 28 kills 4 deaths.. so intense. Sound design is brilliant, could hear the enemy running up the stairs in one part. Came across a barn with about 6 guys camping so I threw an anti-tank grenade and it wiped them all out.

It's the first tab in the Gameplay menu through Options.

I suppose it was the score after the whole match? lol

Xyber

Played a couple rounds and it seemed fine, maybe sub 60. Granted I was playing with the FOV up a little. Connection was kinda funky though (US east coast servers so game isn't technically out for PS4 here). I'll try default FOV and see what it feels like.

Few more shots:

Having played the PC version for a few hours, those screens look so blurry compared to that. But it's still pretty amazing what they have achieved graphically on the consoles while targeting 60 fps.

Latimer

Banned
Having played the PC version for a few hours, those screens look so blurry compared to that. But it's still pretty amazing what they have achieved graphically on the consoles while targeting 60 fps.

I thought they were Jpegs lol.

Yeah I don't have the biggest TV (37") but it looks great on it in motion. Can only imagine 4K on PC!

I thought they were Jpegs lol.

Damn, master race already shitting on us peasants LOL.

No Love

Banned

Few more shots:

The AF is garbage. I hope PS4 Pro has 16x AF enabled by default lol. :/

Theorry

Couple of annoying things in the game.

The menu while in a match is very slow (not like the beta but still sluggish) Probably because the CPU is already getting hammered. Load times are very very long. And again no customize your soldier, making loadouts etc in the main menu. Was really annoying in BF4 also. Then Hardline got it and then Battlefront. But then this game not. Even no a test range. Bit typical DICE.

MaddenNFL64

Probably the first battlefield game since the first bad company, I will buy. I mean they all looked cool, just didn't care about the modern military stuff since I did that with Modern Warfare 2, and felt like I had my fill. Going back (I mean WAY back) is cool as fuck.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
When a sniper doesn't work just use an anti-tank rocket gun, desert map looks so much better as well.

NM6JFmr.gif

xYWUcvq.gif

I suppose it was the score after the whole match? lol

Yeah, match was like 30 minutes long. So good. Got hit by a few snipers and beaten with a shovel but after that I just went into terminator mode. Most fun I've had with Battlefield since Bad Company 2.

I am so confused on when this will unlock. On the PSN Store it says 12am Eastern Time on the 18th, yet the countdown timer on tile says 12 hours. I am in Mountain time so I would love for it to open up at 10pm for me, but the countdown shows it as 1am. Clocks, how do they work?...

Ferny

I am so confused on when this will unlock. On the PSN Store it says 12am Eastern Time on the 18th, yet the countdown timer on tile says 12 hours. I am in Mountain time so I would love for it to open up at 10pm for me, but the countdown shows it as 1am. Clocks, how do they work?...

Don't go by the countdown clock. It's been wrong in the past. Even has updated mid-day. I'd go by what it says in the store which does say 12 midnight EST.

Couple of annoying things in the game.

The menu while in a match is very slow (not like the beta but still sluggish) Probably because the CPU is already getting hammered. Load times are very very long. And again no customize your soldier, making loadouts etc in the main menu. Was really annoying in BF4 also. Then Hardline got it and then Battlefront. But then this game not. Even no a test range. Bit typical DICE.
For real? I really hope that would be solved in the final game :/ What console are you experiencing the sluggish menu during a match?

Don't go by the countdown clock. It's been wrong in the past. Even has updated mid-day. I'd go by what it says in the store which does say 12 midnight EST.

Oh wow I had no idea. That would explain my surprise in the past though with a few games.... Hurray, 10pm gaming here I come!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So how do you use these Elite classes? I've seen some on the maps been used by others but have no idea how to use or get one.

Gaz_RB

I've put about 5 hours into this game maxed on PC...I'm not looking forward to degrading to the PS4 version, but that's where my people are.

If it's ever on sale on PC I'll be picking it up immediately. It looks so damn good.

Hehe just kidding around. I think it looks better in motion on my smallish TV.

Only got a 960 in my PC I wonder how it would do 🤔

Is it a 2 or 4gb 960? This thing eats up VRAM.

v1lla21

My guess is hardcore no hud?
Yeah, sounds likely. Man, I kind of want to get the early version but I already have the regular game pre-ordered. I can wait I guess, plus I still have a few hours left on my early access. Had fun on the Xbox but I prefer it on ps4.

Tall Paul

Hate to admit it but this will be the first BF I buy....I know...I'm sorry. I played BF4 on ea access ages ago but campaign only so glad to see the campaign looks good for BF1, multiplayer I've never actually played as it looked like the sort of game I'd get me ass kicked in, mainly Halo up to now as far as online shooters go so I'm excited.

I've put about 5 hours into this game maxed on PC...I'm not looking forward to degrading to the PS4 version, but that's where my people are.

If it's ever on sale on PC I'll be picking it up immediately. It looks so damn good.

Yeah only 2GB with a i7 probably wouldn't run so hot.

Stay with us peasants

Archpath1

Any ones game not connecting to EA server on Xbox?

Still have 4 hours on trial

Seeing people play on PC so was just confused

So how do you use these Elite classes? I've seen some on the maps been used by others but have no idea how to use or get one.

They spawn at certain locations on the map. If you're near one, the announcer will say something like "...so and so is available near your area", then you'll see an icon on the HUD. The ones I have picked up have always been near a flag on Conquest.

edit: double post RIP

What the hell? Since when are we being charged tax?

Surfinn

Wow, a 90 on Metacritic and even one review claiming it's got the best single player campaign out of any BF title, hands down.

I can vouch for this game. The 10 or so hours I've played have been really fantastic. Let's hope the launch holds up when everybody pours in.

Top Bottom