• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

rdytoroll

Just finished all the missions. Great, great stuff. I'm glad that they didn't just follow one person through the war, it wouldn't have worked. This way they introduced great variety by giving us a few locales with different characters.

One of my favorite campaigns this year

Also, I really wish Medic and Support were forced to always have the ability to heal and drop ammo. I dont want to play with jerks who abandon these gadgets and go full lethal to play selfishly for themselves.

I also really wish they'd just drop ammo and health automatically after a while, to combat players who have ammo and health but dont drop them for whatever reason.

I hear there is some kind of ammo/health zones around maps too, like in Killzone 2.

BTW, we know Sinai Desert had Elite pick ups, but what about other maps? Any cool reasons to hold a flag? Air raid stations maybe? Or supply drops, etc? Exclusive vehicles perhaps?

Cannot wait to play on Friday.

Can someone explain how Operations works? I've heard a lot of positive impressions about it but I don't really know what it is.

For example, Operation Kaiserschlacht. The German team starts with ~150 tickets and are attacking 2 objectives. In order to progress, the German team must hold onto both the objectives at the same time. The British team must stop the German team and can recapture an objective. If the German team complete this, they move on to another 2 or 3 objectives, repeat this until the German team pushes the British team across the entire map. Then there will be another map and the same process begins again.

However if the British team bleed the German team out, that is the first wave of attack. The German team will get another attempt and start with an airship. For this example, the German team has three waves of attacks. Don't know if its always three waves for the other operations.

Just finished all the missions. Great, great stuff. I'm glad that they didn't just follow one person through the war, it wouldn't have worked. This way they introduced great variety by giving us a few locales with different characters.

It really does sound amazing. Cover a bevy of perspectives, dont get tied to an overarching narrative (because DICE suck at it), allow for more creativity by doing isolated chapters. Sounds absolutely amazing.

I am so hopeful they do more. I bet we'll see a surge of WW1/WW2 games because of DICE. It's so freaking refreshing and it's clear from impressions that people are incredibly happy with something new.

This is never more clear than with the maps. Truly BATTLEfields. They all sound so freaking memorable.

How does VPN unlocking work? Exit origin, connect VPN, boot origin, open bf1, then shut down everything, disconnect vpn, play normally

Si or no?

witness

How long did it take and how's the replayability?

Skab

Question for you guys.

I have a GTX 1060, which I know will be fine, but my cpu is a i5-3470. Should I be worried about performance on my rig or should I be fine?

TheDanimal

Does Amazon prime still do release day delivery? I went to order this game but Amazon said I wouldn't be able to get it until 10/26. What gives?

Dubz

Question for you guys.

I have a GTX 1060, which I know will be fine, but my cpu is a i5-3470. Should I be worried about performance on my rig or should I be fine?
Absolutely not. I get 80fps average in a 1070 in 1440p. I can get close to 60 in 4K.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
So people, my timer says that I can play this game in 1 Hr and 11 minutes (which I will!).

I have invited some to the community that I created so will anyone else join me in this endeavor?

Community : NeoGaf Battlefield1 community

Just after putting a request in to join. my PSN is the same as my GAF name.

So I guess the new Battefield Companion app launches tomorrow? Is it available for anyone where tomorrow (18th) is already today?

I wanted to play with it, but can't find it in the store.

GravyButt

Man so many snipers encountered today on xb1. More than ive ever have seen so far. Hopefully not a trend. Really really hoping its not a trend.

But really enjoyed my time constantly reviving people though. That was fun. Was basically nonstop!

I've seen it asked a few times but no answer yet.

Anyone know which part of the game downloads first on PSN?

Useful info for people with slow internet.

Nameless

Day 4 of staring helplessly at my pre-load, 3 more left. Almost regret not buying one of the Go Fuck Yourself Editions to play early... almost.

tav7623

Man so many snipers encountered today on xb1. More than ive ever have seen so far. Hopefully not a trend. Really really hoping its not a trend.

But really enjoyed my time constantly reviving people though. That was fun. Was basically nonstop!

Can't speak for others, but I've been playing a lot as sniper lately because I'm trying to do one of the medals (Get 20 kills using a single action rifle, get 10 headshots with a single action rifle, and get 5 kills with a single action rifle in a single life) and knock out the rank achievement (Reach Rank 2 as a Scout) so I don't have to play a whole lot as a sniper later on cause it is my least favorite class out of the 4 main classes.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Fuck the snipers when respawning, just got in a tank and killed like 30 of them because they were being such a pain.

maxresdefault.jpg

First days are always rough. I'm a sniper! Got to get a good k/d 360z. They'll get weeded out the longer the game is out.

Rizzi

Keep seeing the exact same players get battlepacks at the end of each game.
I don't think that's all that random.

rdytoroll

I'm getting a constant low fps warning on the right side of the screen. Uhm ok game, I guess 60 fps ain't enough for you

Didn't have that problem in the trial

J-Rzez

Hopefully this game's success and hype lets developers know its OK to go back to WW1/WW2 with their AAA titles. Been dying for the old settings with new visuals and mechanics.

Tovarisc

Hopefully this game's success and hype lets developers know its OK to go back to WW1/WW2 with their AAA titles. Been dying for the old settings with new visuals and mechanics.

I hope Battlefield 1.5 is set in WW2 and uses same multiple fronts approach as BF1 is doing. Seeing Pathers and Shermans rolling around and hearing clip pings of Garands with these graphics and audio would be dream come true.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Pause menu stuttering/freezing is a big problem. I took a few videos on XB1 with the guide + Y and I've had quite a few lock ups for about 10 seconds.

Nyx

Amazing 'intro'!

Also played a Conquest match, got Suez as my first ever map in the retail version, had a blast.

Off to bed, going to play tons tomorrow.

Have fun everyone!

Simo

I'm still at work, does anyone know if the US PSN countdown timer has been adjusted yet?

A couple of hours ago it wasn't, is it getting adjusted though? All I ever saw on the PSN store was that it was a midnight EST release on 10/21 for the regular copy and "play on 10/18 with the early enlister edition".

Lakitu

st5fu
I actually want a sequel to 2142 next... my favourite Battlefield ever, that ones going to be hard to top though.

Top Bottom