• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

LORANT92

Carrying that stuff takes up an item slot (specifically ammo), which is WAY more important for Support than a crossbow or mortars. When I play support I run with an ammo crate and limpet charge, which pretty much limits my options when I run into a tank.

Amen. It's infuriating.

Limpets are just so good at so many things - I wish more people used them. Can open bunker doors, take out field guns, collapse half of a building, etc. I absolutely love tossing one into a group of people all clustered up near entrances in Operations.
Plus yeah, they're amazing against tanks, although I run the ammo pouch as it makes them ridiculously spammable (one every few seconds, plus grenade).

Xyber

Just patched my game, thinking I would start working towards rank 50 with assault a little before bed.

I was already 50 with it. :p

22 with medic and support, 27 with scout and 29 with tanks.

Mojoraisin

I think PS4 pro performance is degraded by quite a bit after patch. Menus are once again really laggy and fps seem lower. Last patch was great performance wise. Not sure how they seem to mess up again...

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Just patched my game, thinking I would start working towards rank 50 with assault a little before bed.

I was already 50 with it. :p

22 with medic and support, 27 with scout and 29 with tanks.
How is this possible? They said xp earned wouldn't carry over (mine didn't)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. 53 min War Pigeon round. Kill me.gif

At least I got the 6 BANZAI charges done for the Valentines Day medal. Still not fucking tracking for the events. #ThanksDICE

Something is a bit weird to be honest, at least on Xbox.

If I go in game and view my class ranks then it shows my levels as follows

Assault 28-29
Medic 22-23
Support 50
Sniper 50

Yet in create a class all are showing rank 10. Even more bizarre is I've only played one match as medic and support, support received no xp in the class rank where as medic now shows it's 10 and a bit (despite showing as 22-23 in game via weapons and gadgets).

Even more bizarre is my assault class has somehow received some xp even though for my first game I only played medic and support.

Something ain't right, that's for sure

Yep. Same here. The companion app says I'm level 50 Scout, but in game I level up normally.
Dice being Dice I guess.

Redders

Same for me I'm 50 Medic 25 Assault 19 Tanker on the app, haven't been into the game yet though.

People who have been into game have you received the battlepacks for it? Was mentioned here yesterday that you get a battlepack per 10 levels.

LORANT92

People who have been into game have you received the battlepacks for it? Was mentioned here yesterday that you get a battlepack per 10 levels.

Turns out that's not happening, sorry.
link

And yeah, the level you see in the midround customise menu is your current level. You can at least check how much of playtime you wasted by comparing via the app or main menu.

this is stupid

Redders

Turns out that's not happening, sorry.
link

And yeah, the level you see in the midround customise menu is your current level. You can at least check how much of playtime you wasted by comparing via the app or main menu.

this is stupid

Dammit, pretty much a pointless update to increase the class ranks. Not your fault haha.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Gotta say I am loving the new ribbon system. Finally getting the most kills while your team flails about in a losing match is rewarding. Now even if I lose a round and dont get a bonus, I know by getting kills i could get thousands of extra XP in Ribbons. Got like 6k in ribbons in just one round of operations last night.

Got the horse challenge done. Missed getting 10 kills in a round by just one kill on Suez because the fucking sword is so inconsistent. I recorded a few clips where the guy just swings over a standing enemy. I also hate how the horse stops running every five seconds. In the end, it was a lot of fun harassing snipers on the desert maps which made this one of the most fun and thrilling Medals in the game yet. But man the moment i would run into a Support guy, their LMGs would shred me in seconds because the horse decides to stop sprinting the moment you get hit.

Oh and I ran into a Level 100 guy with 48 service stars with the cavalry sword. He was charging around with the horse like Seabiscuit.

PSA. PC Premium is on sale through Amazon for $30.

son of a bitch. i am trying to get it for PS4. stupid bestbuy visa checkout wont give me the full $25 discount for DLC items like the premium pass. Any other deals?

Matchmaking is still shit. Got thrown into a game where the other team was 100 and 90s. It was a bunch of squads that just stacked on the same team. Team stacking gets so annoying in BF. It's been an issue since BF3 on PC. On the bright side I finally got around to hitting +1k spm.
I cheated with all my boosters.

meppi

I died from invisible enemies on Ballroom Blitz multiple times prior to this patch. Same with a couple of my friends. It might've been a thing on other maps too but for us it was always on that map. They didn't fade out of existence like yours though, they were invisible the entire time except for their muzzle flash.

I could have sworn that I've been killed by invisible players before as well. Quite a few times actually. But I've never been able to actually capture it like this.
I'm sure several of those occasions were just bad spawns where someone popped up right behind me. But at times, even that just didn't make any sense with what was going on.

I even have an invisible video up somewhere from BF4 as well.
But I don't know if this was just from my friends POV or if I was invisible for multiple people.

It really sucks that they keep getting things so wrong with the series. :(

Tried playing with the Martini again and it's still complete garbage.
Shooting people from no more than 10 meters and getting 67% damage, that just isn't fair when going up against just about anything else, let alone LMGs with their magical headshot abilities.

LORANT92

Shooting people from no more than 10 meters and getting 67% damage, that just isn't fair when going up against just about anything else, let alone LMGs with their magical headshot abilities.

It's a one hit kill to the upper chest between 30 and 80 meters. Upper chest, lower chest and upper arm between 42 and 72.
Get farther away?
stop shooting legs, too

SliChillax

40. Too much going on and even more randomness with 64 players.

I just did a 64 match and I couldn't keep playing to the second map. We secured the first map and I got a shit ton of kills but man what a fuck fest that was. Spawning in front of enemies, mortars, gas grenades galore, sniped as soon as I respawed etc. I'll play 40 from now on.

I tried using the Martini again and I didn't like it either. Maybe I wasn't in the sweet zone, but all I was getting were hit markers for 90+ HP. Very frustrating.

SlimySnake

40. Too much going on and even more randomness with 64 players.

yep 40 is the sweet spot. 10 players per flag is much easier to manage than 16. I still get stuck trying to attack a flag against a good defending team full of snipers and proned LMG players, i cant even imagine taking those sectors where you have to take three flags at the same time on a 64 player server. Last night on Empire Edge, they kept taking back the C flag on the island and held us off for three battalions. Ended up with 97 kills but just couldn't hold it.

Xyber

How is this possible? They said xp earned wouldn't carry over (mine didn't)

The fuck if I know, my friend also said that they had said that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He checked his stats and he had 2 of his classes at around 25 too.

Edit: After having played for a bit now it showed me level Assault up to 11, so the levels it was showing under weapons and unlocks were wrong.

PSA. PC Premium is on sale through Amazon for $30.

Ah fuck, why did I miss this. :(

meppi

It's a one hit kill to the upper chest between 30 and 80 meters. Upper chest, lower chest and upper arm between 42 and 72.
Get farther away?
stop shooting legs, too

That's the thing. There are enough sniper riffles in the game to be used at a distance like this already.
The way it worked from the start was perfect.
Huge risk/reward but so much fun to use. Heck, I wouldn't be bothered at all if they lowered the damage a little at range, it's the close up damage that is just stupid at this point and has been since the nerf.
I don't want to play scout like all the others, sitting far away from objectives and basically doing nothing, there's plenty of rifles that are perfect for that shitty play style.
I want to be up close and personal, right in the middle taking objectives and actually have somewhat of a chance when handling this gun.
Right now, in the way it is "balanced", that chance is close to zero unless the enemy is hurt already which is beyond stupid with all the other spray and prey weapons in the mix.

I tried using the Martini again and I didn't like it either. Maybe I wasn't in the sweet zone, but all I was getting were hit markers for 90+ HP. Very frustrating.

Tried it several times this week and it just doesn't work for me at all.
You can get one shot kills, but it still feels off.
In the end, you're much better of grabbing a shotgun with slugs and going to town that way.

Donos

What do you guys prefer for operations, 40 or 64?

40. 64 has to much luck/bad luck/random factors who push the pendulum. With 40, you alone or with 1 or 2 can accomplish things. With 64 i always feel like either there are 10 more enemies at the cap than my team or we are rolling over the cap with 10+ soldiers than there are for defending.
One round here and there with 64ppl is nice, just going with the flow but overall i prefer 40. My friends liked 64 at first but since we are playing more and more together as squad they all prefer 40.

SlimySnake

I cannot imagine a 64 player operations on clusterfuck forest. How do you even break through the first sector with 32 players defending it? Or worse the second sector where the bunker next to B flag creates a chokepoint nearly impossible to breakthrough. I have to keep yelling follow me as I try to flank around the train tracks. No idea why people keep spawning in that bunker. it's like i am playing with mindless drones sometimes.

I also finally understand why everyone plays support and never drop any ammo. You have hundreds of bullets and the guns are so much fun to use at range. There is zero recoil on guns with bipods. Who needs snipers when you can suppress the entire team without reloading for a full minute?

Theorry

4oW1ywB.gif

giphy.gif

Turkoop

Banned
FFS Dice, pls reduce gas grenade from 2 to 1. Totally clusterfuck on some maps. People are using more grenades than their weapon.
We need more medic/support ribbons.
AT Rocket Gun should damage vehicles, not me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So the new mode is just Chain Reaction and Rush.

#WhensSabotage

DaciaJC

Gold Member
It's interesting how the progression from Rush to Operations to Frontlines is always in the direction of taking more cues from Conquest, yet they never surpass the original.

How about just adding some more variants of Conquest, DICE, y'know, like CQ: Assault? Or Titan mode, that'd be nice.

Theorry

Biggest problem is that this mode is gonna be behind Premium probably as always.
So yeah played for a month and then its death. And everybody is back to Operations and CQ.

FFS Dice, pls reduce gas grenade from 2 to 1. Totally clusterfuck on some maps. People are using more grenades than their weapon.
We need more medic/support ribbons.
AT Rocket Gun should damage vehicles, not me.

Yeah, gas is annoying. People are always like, it's fine there is counter play blah blah. All it does is force everyone to play assault and run around with a smg or shotgun. However, it really depends on the map. Something like Empire's Edge it's not a huge deal, but on maps like Argonne Forest it's annoying as shit.

Top Bottom