• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Aters

I hate the guns with side-mounted scoups. I can never get used to it.

Some of the weapons are pretty weird. Like the 5 round medic rifle, what the hell am I suppose to do with it? Also that machine gun with optic, how am I gonna do mediem range when the damage is like piss?

I generally run the rocket and anti-tank mines together when I play assault. In addition to the rocket dealing good damage to tanks, its great at taking out infantry too.

thenexus6

Not very impressed with the campaign. It just turns into generic, action game trying to make you feel something for the characters but I just didn't. Silly cliche dialogue.

The objectives in every story were just
capture this point (like playing conquest with bots, get this item, or sneak through this area.
It got pretty boring after a while.

The opening was cool, and the visual / audio experience was great. I didn't notice too many frame or resolution drops which was good.

I barely got any collectables or secrets or trophies but I doubt i'll really return to get any.

At least the multiplayer is fun, I only played two games of Conquest but it was great as always!

I have a problem. I sat down at 8 oclock for some innocent Battlefielding. 7(SEVEN) hours later I notice that we have been on for 7 hours. We are all like...Its time for bed.

This game man. That seals it. For me, its better than 1942 and tied with BF2 as the best ever Battlefield in my opinion. Hope you all are enjoying it as much as me and my group are!

Managed a few rounds of conquest last night, and first impressions are ok. Game just passed me by a bit, and i felt a longing for 4. But i only had a few games, so it may take a while to adjust etc.

Managed a few rounds of conquest last night, and first impressions are ok. Game just passed me by a bit, and i felt a longing for 4. But i only had a few games, so it may take a while to adjust etc.

I really liked 4, but I think this game is a lot better. No more helicopters, locking on weapons, RPG's, jets and night vision/thermal sights. I just wish there weren't so many automatic weapons. Even the Metro/Operation Locker type maps are more interesting this time.

Edit: Actually, where are the hardcore servers? I really don't like the spotting and would prefer it if the weapons did more damage.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
what a day...
I have a problem. I sat down at 8 oclock for some innocent Battlefielding. 7(SEVEN) hours later I notice that we have been on for 7 hours. We are all like...Its time for bed.

This game man. That seals it. For me, its better than 1942 and tied with BF2 as the best ever Battlefield in my opinion. Hope you all are enjoying it as much as me and my group are!
I played like 5 or so hours in one long session with cuts from singler player to multiplayer. I wasn't the best player, but I did get to be a combat medic squad leader. My squad made it to number 1 and we were among the top players overall. However, just because I was medic didnt mean I couldn't pick up an elite class and go rambo.
I wish the assault class had a semi automatic rifle.
Cant you make the assault weapons single shot by either in game or specific gun model?

Rad-

Heavy tanks are indeed super strong atm because people don't group up to take them down. Just had a match where it felt like the enemy team had all the tanks in the game. We still won though because all they did was k/d hunt. But playing that map felt really terrifying. Tanks firing at you 24/7. The final stat page was funny to see, they had by far the most personal points and best k/d and our's were poor but they lost.

Btw people who have played a lot of Scout class: what sniper rifle with scope has the best OHK sweet spot in your opinion? I keep changing between the Russian one and the starting one.

Theorry

Heavy tanks are indeed super strong atm because people don't group up to take them down. Just had a match where it felt like the enemy team had all the tanks in the game. We still won though because all they did was k/d hunt. But playing that map felt really terrifying. Tanks firing at you 24/7. The final stat page was funny to see, they had by far the most personal points and best k/d and ours were poor but they lost.

Btw people who have played a lot of Scout class: what sniper rifle with scope has the best OHK sweet spot in your opinion? I keep changing between the Russian one and the starting one.

The SMLE. If you PTFO with it and not sit in the mountains.

Here some stats.
http://symthic.com/bf1-weapon-charts?recon=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC

dreamfall

Are the extras in the Deluxe edition worth it? If I order the Standard edition on Amazon for that 20% off for PC - is it an Origin code in the case or an actual disc?

GHG

What's it like on the PC with a controller? Would I get destroyed? There's no aim assist is there?

Or should I just not bother and pick it up on the PS4?

Coffinhal

What's it like on the PC with a controller? Would I get destroyed? There's no aim assist is there?

Or should I just not bother and pick it up on the PS4?

It's really OK. I played a few games after calibrating my sensitivity with the campaign and I was able to win some 1v1 or even get to the top 5 of the scoreboard (even 1st for half a game). You can get pretty good (I haven't really played a competitive FPS for years, maybe since BF3) even if I feel it'll be difficult against M/K veterans.

My stats
526 points/min, 28kills/29deaths, 1h30, precision 0,11 (I test a lot the weapons though), 2 headshots (I play medic), best headshot 41m, best kill streak 4 (I was on fire)

The game is so beautiful on PC with tons of options and really great optimisation, I couldn't go back to PS4.

JJShadow

I'm a Battlefield newbie and I'd like to dig into the MP mode this morning. What's the more newbie-friendly game mode/class? Any recommendation for a first-timer?

Shits fucking embarrassing DICE that you guys still struggle with making it easy to quit between matches. We have like a 5 second window maybe to leave and after that your stuck loading into the next map and then quitting.

You can press triangle to quit right after the last avatar pops for the battlepack. You have maybe a second however on the 2 occasions I've done this over been greeted with a perma black loading screen and had to close the whole game

I'm a Battlefield newbie and I'd like to dig into the MP mode this morning. What's the more newbie-friendly game mode/class? Any recommendation for a first-timer?

Probably Rush or Operations because the battle progression is linear. You always know what way to run and you will have team mates always going that way as well. I'd imagine if this was your first BF game, playing Conquest would lead to you running around like a headless chicken and getting picked off, a lot.

If you do play that mode though join a squad and stick with them. Conquest IS Battlefield though, so the quicker you get used it the better.

Expect to die a lot.

Ozorov

Have you never played any BF at all?

Operations I think it's pretty straight forward mode. My tip would be to test all the classes, maybe change after each death. And get a feeling for what type of playstyle fits you the best.

daxy

I feel like I'm old and bad at games with BF1, but I'm enjoying myself. Coming off of the slow pace of Red Orchestra 2 isn't doing me any favors. The hardcore and fog of war modes look really interesting. Hope to see them added soon.

Any tips for starters? I haven't played BF since Bad Company 1+2 (which were the best). I tried 4 but didn't like it.

Class? Weapon? Mode? Is there a tutorial for vehicles?

I don't want to play the story mode first...I'm going to play it when servers are down, lol.

Filben

Loving this game so far. Except for few moments smooth gameplay and stunning visuals. I do die a lot, though. It's hard to orientate when you come from +200h of Overwatch because enemies are everywhere in Battlefield. I spawn and sometime die immediately or I fighting against one enemy and another is whacking me from behind or flank. It seems it's all about positioning and cover in this game. Haven't got the hang of it, yet.

Any tips from BF veterans? I'm playing on PC.

Will get to play this later with my friends can't wait, not the same with randoms with no mic.

Played yesterday like that and it was zero fun, I did OK but could of done better.

Thankfully I'm a BF vet so I can hold my own.

Ozorov

Any tips for starters? I haven't played BF since Bad Company 1+2 (which were the best). I tried 4 but didn't like it.

I don't want to play the story mode first...I'm going to play it when servers are down, lol.
As I said to another person - Change class after each death and see what fits you best. If you've played some BF before I don't think you should have any problem knowing what's going on. So jump into Operations or Conquest maybe.

You will try a vehicle in the intro. But it's simple really.

Oh and don't care about your K/D, you will die a lot in the beginning. Try to play the objective and you'll do fine.

As I said to another person - Change class after each death and see what fits you best. If you've played some BF before I don't think you should have any problem knowing what's going on. So jump into Operations or Conquest maybe.

You will try a vehicle in the intro. But it's simple really.

Oh and don't care about your K/D, you will die a lot in the beginning. Try to play the objective and you'll do fine.

Thanks, sounds good!

Jb

BF1 is currently installing.

To do SP or MP first?

I'd say play the intro of the campaign to get a feel for the weapons and movement and switch to MP.
Unless you're new to the series in which case the SP in a good way to familiarize yourself with the various guns and vehicles available.

dawid

In most games online i have 5-7ms ping to the server. But the bars on the side of the number is only 3,5 full. What is the difference?

1) PTFO: play the fucking objective. You'll rack up points and xp far more quickly than just going for kills
2) Squad up, and work with your squad closely
3) Use mics to communicate with your squad if possible
4) Try and level up one class to begin with, unlock some new kit items. The starting weapons on each class are hit and miss, so it can be useful to level up one to gain access to better unlocks. Also, play as the class: if support, give ammo out, etc etc.
5) You can use the companion app to change class load outs outside of battle.
6) Pistols are very effective in close ranges due to high fire rates on say the M1911. Don't be afraid to switch out mid battle.
7) Experiment with different kit items to see what works for you.

Ozorov

1) PTFO: play the fucking objective. You'll rack up points and xp far more quickly than just going for kills
2) Squad up, and work with your squad closely
3) Use mics to communicate with your squad if possible
4) Try and level up one class to begin with, unlock some new kit items. The starting weapons on each class are hit and miss, so it can be useful to level up one to gain access to better unlocks. Also, play as the class: if support, give ammo out, etc etc.
5) You can use the companion app to change class load outs outside of battle.
6) Pistols are very effective in close ranges due to high fire rates on say the M1911. Don't be afraid to switch out mid battle.
7) Experiment with different kit items to see what works for you.
Isn't it buggy as hell? I changed once via the app then all my equipment etc went back to like it was the first time I started the game.

Top Bottom