• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Demo GAF Server

Why doesn't someone start a GAF Server on the Battlefield 2 demo? Make is password protected, and then post the password in here. Anyone approve?

Deg

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Why don't we set a time when everyone will be available to play...Sometime today hopefully. Then someone can start a room.

Go on then. :) No one really posts here for some reason.

Deg

Banned
Alright guys lets post here if you want to be a regular BF2 player.

We'll set up a match sometime and someone can send pms reminding people of the date the majority decide to play or simply the next match date.

We need afew more players at least or can just play in a GA squad/s. :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm in, just let me know when.

Just finished some Single Player, and surprised at the difficulty of Veteran. It's actually a challenge.

My username is RyanGCH, but nobody seems to want to step up and organize this thing. Seriously, let's set a time for playing tonight.

Lonestar

we had a semi GAF server up last night I think. Followed No Depth's Xfire server addy, and there were a few names I recognized as being from here. Can't remember the IP though.

Chrono

Banned
some questions... [/n00b]

- How do you start a room/host a game? Can you 'rent' space from another server for a price ? And if you host on your pc what specs/bandwidth do you need?

- It seems I don't know where the enemy is 90% of the game. I'm not sure but I think they only show up on the radar when somebody spots them (?), but how does anybody do that? I can't find a command for it or anything. Do I just focus on the enemy in my scope for a few seconds or what... o_O?

- What's the point of forming a squad (and how does one do it?) since you're already in a team/squad... the few times I played in one they weren't more organized or anything.

- any online manual for this game? I'm lost. :lol

Lonestar

I think you can rent server space, but I do believe there is a Server version out there, to run a game on your PC.

To "spot" an enemy, have him centered in your crosshairs, hit the Q Button to bring up some commands, and the "Center Button" on the command screen is "spotted" which broadcasts an alert (based on what "it" actually is)

Squads are usefull "IF" it's organized and ran correctly. Main use other than teamwork, is that the Squad Leader also acts as a "mobile spawn point."

Which gets me thinking, say your team has lost all spawn points, and things are looking bleak. Say only you are still alive on your team. You create a squad, and ask people to join up. They do, and now can spawn. Once alive, they leave your squad, and create others, enough for everyone stuck in DeadLand to spawn in game. And hopefully capture some flags. Anyone else think of this? Or is it not possible at that point?

Chrono

Banned
haha I just realized the spotted command is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the menu I always used. When I read lonestar's reply I was like ok thanks "hmm that sounds familiar." :lol

It's pretty helpful too. I spotted a chopper just now and a jet took turned around and took it down within seconds. Of course later I made it all the way to the far end of the enemy side and this one chopper kept chasing me and all I could do was hide. Until finally I started running across the open section of a camp and in like 2 seconds in circled above me, LANDED RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE, and started firing. I knew I had no place to go and tried to destroy it with a grenade. I never got to throw one. :eek:

My favorite moment was when an enemy came down a road with those special forces single seat vehicles (whatever they're called) and I strafed to the side avoiding fire, then turned around and fired my assault rifle's secondary weapon just as he jumped out and starting firing. I had no idea where I was aiming but I took out both him and his vehicle heh.

When the game 'clicks' it's like magic. Pure awesomeness. Other times though the servers just suck and it's a mess. One Thing I'd like to learn though is sniping. I can't seem to ever get a good shot.

I was going to wait a few weeks before buying the full version but after seeing those ign movies of vietnam or wherever I just can't wait. I don't think I'll play single player though. I just need to stick to a good server.

Btw sometimes the CO issues commands like 'destroy the uav' but I have no idea where is it. Is it supposed to be 'announced' at the map maybe? and how do I start a squad?

Top Bottom