• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

Norml said:
720p128ra.png

I know is in the air, but the flags in this screen seem way too close!

Hopefully its just the console versions.

64 players + crazy close maps = clusterfuck from hell.

24 players should play fine on the map though.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't understand why people demand next gen consoles. If you want to be at the forefront of cutting edge graphics all the time, and this is a major priority for you, then just get a gaming PC. I really don't understand the need of some posters to constantly shit on consoles, and profuse their elitism. We get it. PC has better graphics. We've known that for decades.

SoulPlaya said:
I don't understand why people demand next gen consoles. If you want to be at the forefront of cutting edge graphics all the time, and this is a major priority for you, then just get a gaming PC. I really don't understand the need of some posters to constantly shit on consoles, and profuse their elitism. We get it. PC has better graphics. We've known that for decades.

I probably has to do with consoles bottle necking consoles. Developing on consoles first and then porting to pc is ass backwards. It leads to subpar games on pc. Not to mention the games themselves are gimped.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
gibon3z said:
I probably has to do with consoles bottle necking consoles. Developing on consoles first and then porting to pc is ass backwards. It leads to subpar games on pc. Not to mention the games themselves are gimped.
If consoles really were bottlenecking PCs, then there wouldn't be a "massive difference between console and PC versions".

EDIT: More importantly, it wouldn't change anything. By their design, consoles cannot keep up with the constant upgrades that PC technology get.

eek5

gibon3z said:

The last two threads I've seen PC players shitting on consoles was Crysis 1 coming to consoles and BF3. Both of those had PC as lead platforms. How is console bottle necking anything in these cases?

SoulPlaya said:
To add to that - because consoles are at a mature stage and most major developers have a solid codebase with which to work, development cycles are shorter and we're seeing more well-crafted games (as a general rule). This is the part of a console lifecycle you should look forward to, not lament. Would people really rather be playing the next-gen equivalent of Perfect Dark Zero instead of the deluge of quality titles we are enjoying this year?

Its kind of funny to me that DICE comments about being worried that customers will be mislead regarding what the game actually looks like when they themselves have done the exact same thing just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

okenny

Banned
duckroll said:
Nobody needs to explain anything to you though. What you want or do not want to do with your money and time is your business. If you want to play an inferior looking game and you're happy with it, by all means.

You're like a breeze of fresh air on a flaming inferno ;)

- - - -

I really hope for EA's sake that they don't play this game of talking up the quality of something only to deliver something inferior. They will effectively kill the Battlefield franchise on consoles. This is not a space without competition and it would be foolish and shortsighted to not bend heaven and earth to deliver the best products they can on all three platforms.

Effect

Bumblebeetuna said:
Its kind of funny to me that DICE comments about being worried that customers will be mislead regarding what the game actually looks like when they themselves have done the exact same thing just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

This. I wouldn't be surprised if things backfire on them due to them not showing footage. Be worried about bad footage getting out yeah but they are indeed the ones pushing the PC version knowing full well the consoles won't look like that. The hype and pre-orders for BF3 are largely based on what most people think the game will look like. I have no doubt many people think the PC footage that is showcased is what they will be getting on the 360/PS3. It's not like EA/DICE has put "PC footage/max settings" on the videos to make it clear. Have they? They know what they are doing as well but I think it could end badly for them if they keep playing this game instead of being honest about what customers will be getting.

I wan to get BF3 as much as the next person but I want to know what I'm getting in the end. Which is why I haven't pre-ordered this yet. Not until I see what the end result is on the PS3.

SmokyDave

SoulPlaya said:
Because consoles have some great exclusive IP's and it's a shame to still have to play them on 2005 spec hardware. Having a gaming PC isn't going to help me play Forza 4 or Uncharted 3 @ 1080p/60.

Mr_Brit said:
vlcsnap-2011-09-11-09h1fnt.png

PC
crysispc5.jpg

Another game that had to be butchered and tortured to be brought to consoles.

OMFG 360 version looks so bad. It must be running at 240p & not even have PSX level of texture filtering!!!!111
PC master race was right all along.

chrislowe

i read the xbox 360 version looked better then the ps3 versionen i played, so i downloaded the demo on the xbox, but i think it looks worse then the ps3-version?.

the LOD are visible, very visible, and there is an anoying black-blink on the screen like every 10sec.. any other get this too? or is it my xbox that is soon dead?

i didnt get the black thing in forza4, so i guess it must be something with battlefield.

Top Bottom