• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

StevieP

Banned
Seanspeed said:
The OP was clearly using the thread as an opportunity to comment on how inferior console graphics are, which DOES make the screenshots irrelevant as only an idiot would believe thats what BF3 will actually look like on the 360.

Yes, posting leaked screenshots for something people have been waiting a year+ to see is a troll attempt.

see5harp

Clear agenda with an attempt to troll. That much is clear. I expect graphics similar to or better than BC2, which looked fine on both 360 and PS3.

dark10x said:
Is this footage really considered bad? In motion, it still seems to look pretty nice.

Shouldn't people be happy that 1) the 360 version still looks pretty solid as it is and 2) they didn't compromise the PC version in favor of consoles. This seems like the best method for a multi-platform release. Please PC fans with a proper PC version while still releasing a beautiful, smooth running console game. What's the problem?

KageMaru said:
This. We have games like Witcher 2, Crysis 1, and BF3 that are developed first on the PC and then ported to the consoles while still looking awesome for console games. It's win win, so I don't get all the negativity.

Troof.

I couldn't be happier with the way we're ending this generation. Ancient consoles seeing respectable ports without holding pc development back. Everything's awesome, I'm happy.

1-D_FTW

It's not a troll attempt. It's the first significant footage of the jets. That makes it worthy of a thread. That people are arguing over/defending the graphics is insanity. The captures suck. You can't make any definitive statements one way or the other. People saying it looks great/horrible are equally crazy. There's nothing to see... other than the jets. Forget about the graphics. Focus on the jets, people. Jets. J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

see5harp

1-D_FTW said:
It's not a troll attempt. It's the first significant footage of the jets. That makes it worthy of a thread. That people are arguing over/defending the graphics is insanity. The captures suck. You can't make any definitive statements one way or the other. People saying it looks great/horrible are equally crazy. There's nothing to see... other than the jets. Forget about the graphics. Focus on the jets, people. Jets. J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

Dude the original post was one or two terrible screenshots. The jets stuff was added and thread title was changed by mods.

Kyaw

Also, you aren't piloting the jet in that particular segment of the video.

You are just the gunner. On rails is the word, perhaps?

1-D_FTW said:

The original title/OP was definitely a troll attempt..

1-D_FTW

see5harp said:
Dude the original post was one or two terrible screenshots. The jets stuff was added and thread title was changed by mods.

I guess I didn't log on till 7:00 AM and by that time the Jets videos were already posted and the thread was edited. Either way, that people are still harping on this is insane. Threads are only as good as the posts and people allowed themselves to be distracted. I doubt anyone entering this thread is reading the front page anymore. They're going to the last page. That this boogeyman attitude has taken over the conversation is pretty disappointing. JETS!

Are you going to mention that team of foot lovers every time the word "jets" is used?
grin.gif

Mr. Snrub said:
What was the original title?

BF3 Xbox 360 pics show extreme gap between consoles and PC: bring on next gen NOW!!!!

No link to source, no mention of it being pre-alpha, just the 2 upscaled 1080p shots.

sw33tclyde said:
BF3 Xbox 360 pics show extreme gap between consoles and PC: bring on next gen NOW!!!!

No link to source, no mention of it being pre-alpha, just the 2 upscaled 1080p shots.

Not to mention he edited out a decent looking screenshot and replaced it with a really shitty one. I thought it was pretty funny.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I honestly think I'm a genius because I've figured out - no seriously, get this - that if I put a HDMI cable from my PC into the TV and plug in a 360 controller I can - WAIT FOR IT - play PC games with all of the benefits on my Comfy Couch™.

I don't know how I ever figured it out.
did you also figure out you'd be playing AGAINST people who aren't? how would that be any fun? lol.

KageMaru said:
This. We have games like Witcher 2, Crysis 1, and BF3 that are developed first on the PC and then ported to the consoles while still looking awesome for console games. It's win win, so I don't get all the negativity.
See if more console gamers were satisfied with our sloppy seconds the world would be a better place.

1-D_FTW

Mr. Snrub said:
Are you going to mention that team of foot lovers every time the word "jets" is used?
grin.gif

No. As a Dolfan, I hate the J-E-T-S. They even stole the whole J-E-T-S thing from the Baltimore Colts (C-O-L-T-S). That can't even be original with that. But for this thread, it's an appropriate usage:)

StevieP

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
did you also figure out you'd be playing AGAINST people who aren't? how would that be any fun? lol.

If Blops was any indication, he'll get a heavy helping of console-style auto-aim as soon as the input is switched to the controller. He'll still get creamed because a mouse is 500000x faster and more accurate, but it won't be as bad.

Seanspeed

Banned
StevieP said:
Yes, posting leaked screenshots for something people have been waiting a year+ to see is a troll attempt.
That'd be fine if that was all that was posted. But the comments about how PC's are just so far ahead now based on these screenshots is a pretty obvious indication that there is some other purpose the OP had in mind. Its most easily explained by what I said: "only an idiot would believe thats what BF3 will actually look like." Unless you're calling the OP an idiot....I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he's trolling. ;)

ClovingSteam said:
Again, the individual was arguing that PC gamers get more slack around here when it comes to insulting those console gamers. Whatever the derogatory term used is isn't the point of the matter.
sure it is when the term used is one of the most effective terms to use when it comes to getting banned.

StevieP said:
If Blops was any indication, he'll get a heavy helping of console-style auto-aim as soon as the input is switched to the controller. He'll still get creamed because a mouse is 500000x faster and more accurate, but it won't be as bad.
if a game made by a totally different developer is any indication? really?

StevieP

Banned
Seanspeed said:
That'd be fine if that was all that was posted. But the comments about how PC's are just so far ahead now based on these screenshots is a pretty obvious indication that there is some other purpose the OP had in mind. Its most easily explained by what I said: "only an idiot would believe thats what BF3 will actually look like." Unless you're calling the OP an idiot....I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume he's trolling. ;)

It's an inflammatory statement if he made it, sure. But it's also pretty much a given that most people playing this on PC have rigs capable of better output than... well... that.

If you're using a pad to play an FPS (be it on console or PC) there are heavy helpings of auto-aim in every case. I doubt DICE would be any different in this regard. Analog sticks are not a particularly proficient or accurate input method for a cursor, hence why the algorithm was developed in the first place and has been in place for every first-person pad game that I can remember.

1-D_FTW

The Faceless Master said:
sure it is when the term used is one of the most effective terms to use when it comes to getting banned.

Wasn't BC2 this way? I always assumed that's why I wasn't allowed to swap k/m for foot and 360 controller for vehicles. Because controller enabled auto-aim and they forced you to choose one or the other.

Pumpkins

This should be put in the OP:

crash7800 (BF3 Community Manager) said:
Hey Guys - figured I'd better weigh in here.

So, first of all (and some of this has been covered) this is an old build and is definitely not representative of the final game. In fact, this is not even reflective of the HD capabilities of the platform.

Glad to see that you're all excited, but honestly this is probably doing more harm than serving "the greater good". People that see these videos and captures might not take the time to understand or appreciate the source and quality issues that using a dev build presents.

I'm getting bombarded with people asking me if this is what they should expect from their console copy of BF3, which, of course, it's not. So, the EA, DICE teams and myself are working to address these concerns instead of working on other things that you guys would probably appreciate more.

I understand that you're excited, but there is a reason, and a very good one, why we don't circulate this kind of stuff publicly.

PS - Not cool, bro. I've been up all night @_@

EDIT: I appreciate that there are lots of you that are still excited for the game and that this didn't make a negative impact on. I'm not surprised - the Reddit/battlefield3 community is one of the best and most informed online - always a pleasure to work with you guys :)

What I'm concerned about are people that stumble across this on YouTube or other sites where the context might not be in place. I think we can agree that without an explanation of what we're looking at, this isn't the best foot we could put forward.

Via Reddit

LQX

Pumpkins said:
This should be put in the OP:

Via Reddit
Understandable but their dimwitted policy of holding back info is the main culprit here. Give some fucking info on the console versions of these games. These images and videos is all potential buyers of the console versions have to go on. If these don't live up to the final game release some official pictures and videos to prove otherwise.

DTKT

LQX said:
Understandable but their dimwitted policy of holding back info is the main culprit here. Give some fucking info on the console versions of these games. These images and videos is all potential buyers of the console versions have to go on. If these don't live up to the final game release some official pictures and videos to prove otherwise.

Heh. I'm that the average consumer might not care about the actual footage origin as long as you show something.

And really, showing the best possible graphics with PC footage might make a better impression.

LQX

DTKT said:
Heh. I'm that the average consumer might not care about the actual footage origin as long as you show something.

And really, showing the best possible graphics with PC footage might make a better impression.
I kind of agree but these threads on BF3 would have you believe everyone is getting it on the PC but that's not the case for many here. And being that there is now a leak they should try and get out of ahead of it and release some official videos and pictures being that it will look so much better. It ridiculous to hold back at this point.

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Not to mention he edited out a decent looking screenshot and replaced it with a really shitty one. I thought it was pretty funny.

Actually I removed one pic since there was another that was basically the exact same. But hey, if you want to believe in some type of conspiracy on my part more power to ya =P

mr_nothin

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
Actually I removed one pic since there was another that was basically the exact same. But hey, if you want to believe in some type of conspiracy on my part more power to ya =P
We all know your place on this forum and we all know why you created the thread. You're fooling no one.

Nizz

LQX said:
I kind of agree but these threads on BF3 would have you believe everyone is getting it on the PC but that's not the case for many here. And being that there is now a leak they should try and get out of ahead of it and release some official videos and pictures being that it will look so much better. It ridiculous to hold back at this point.
I really feel like they are developing this game down to the wire, at least as far as the console versions.

Before, with Bad Company 2 EA/DICE were good with showing footage leading up to release. Like they did with the "Battlefield Moments" series of videos that were clearly 360 footage. Up to this point so far, besides the incredible PC footage of the game we've seen offscreen footage of the PS3 version in action. And until today's leak, not a lick of 360 footage.

It would alleviate a lot of console owner's concerns if they would start releasing more screenshots or BF Moments videos captured from consoles. But I feel like they're just not ready to show direct console footage yet. Which I don't get since impressions from places like GamesComm seem like the PS3 version looked/ran nicely.

Respawn

Banned
LQX said:
Same thing Activision does with COD for PS3. Its not like we haven't seen the PS3 version.

purple cobra said:
I really feel like they are developing this game down to the wire, at least as far as the console versions.

Before, with Bad Company 2 EA/DICE were good with showing footage leading up to release. Like they did with the "Battlefield Moments" series of videos that were clearly 360 footage. Up to this point so far, besides the incredible PC footage of the game we've seen offscreen footage of the PS3 version in action. And until today's leak, not a lick of 360 footage.

It would alleviate a lot of console owner's concerns if they would start releasing more screenshots or BF Moments videos captured from consoles. But I feel like they're just not ready to show direct console footage yet. Which I don't get since impressions from places like GamesComm seem like the PS3 version looked/ran nicely.
it's all marketing in the end, they want the game to look as good as possible so people assume it's like that for all versions. We here won't fall for it, but some people do. With that said they are probably trying to improve the console versions every day.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
StevieP said:
.... Blops had zero aim-assist with the controller on PC.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
NotTarts said:
'Wait for the final build'? What? It doesn't even look that bad for a console game and the release is a month away. Not a huge amount of stuff is going to change.

Yeah, I don't think GAF understands software development cycles. They're at the release candidate phase where stuff is locked down and they're solely fixing bugs. They aren't going to throw in changes to the graphics just before they print discs.

I also don't think this is a troll thread. Many of us PC gamers also like consoles because there are several talented developers that only make games on consoles. And this generation of hardware has severe technical restrictions that limit gameplay design. I'm tired of redundancies and limited draw distances and dude bro on rail games. I want stuff like Assassin's Creed to have much more diversity and detail that a city should have, I want shooters to be more open in environments, I want new gameplay ideas that aren't possible on 512 MB of RAM which is less than mobile devices have now.

1-D_FTW said:
No. As a Dolfan, I hate the J-E-T-S. They even stole the whole J-E-T-S thing from the Baltimore Colts (C-O-L-T-S). That can't even be original with that. But for this thread, it's an appropriate usage:)

Last OT post, I swear, but good luck tonight--Colts fan here.

StevieP said:

Stallion Free said:
.... Blops had zero aim-assist with the controller on PC.

Plus, Demize already confirmed no aim assist on pads for PC.

witness

Can't believe we still don't have official direct feed hd vids of the console versions 6 weeks from release (that Fallon bit is so old its irrelevant at this point).....

Kibbles

StevieP said:
You missed the thread before it was edited I take it? His intent was definitely trolling the console versions.

delta25

Banned
Kibbles said:
You missed the thread before it was edited I take it? His intent was definitely trolling the 360 version.

Judging by the original name of this thread I'd say he was trolling the consoles period.

Absolutely pathetic.

SMH

Top Bottom