• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Nirolak said:
I uh... didn't mean to imply those BC2 shots look good.

They look pretty horrifying to me actually, but perhaps I'm looking at this from a different perspective.

they look good, at least better than what was posted from this build.

.la1n

ChiefKief said:
I love how the only "positive" aspect of playing bf3 on consoles, is comfortability because you fat fucks can't keep your arms up on a keyboard and mouse without gravity straining your gravy arms

Lesson to all, this is how you get banned on GAF. Single player footage looks great, I'll be on PS3 so I hope it turns out good as well.

I'm fortunate that the first-ever ban I saw on GAF was a junior taking a permanent ban to save a senior member from his temporary ban. Incidentally, that was in the BF3 news thread.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Giriath_89 said:
I'm fortunate that the first-ever ban I saw on GAF was a junior taking a permanent ban to save a senior member from his temporary ban. Incidentally, that was in the BF3 news thread.
Actually, that was not a permanent ban.

KageMaru

Stoffinator said:
I was speaking more along the lines of 360 being out first. And that Sony's first party games still impress more than anything.

Who cares which is out first or not as long as we see continue improvement on both platforms.

That's fine if Sony's exclusive impress you more than anything, others still get impressed by games on both platforms (like myself).

You're original comment isn't any less silly now than it was when you first posted it. BF3 uses some pretty advanced techniques on both systems, and if both end up looking comparable to each other, how does that indicate a successor for one is more needed than the other?

Wazzim said:
Just let it rest already, it isn't like people are going to switch sides or anything.

Sad part is there shouldn't be sides. We're all excited for the same game.

I really hate how many gamers turn everything into a pissing contest. Maybe it's because I don't have that absolute mentality, and I see no reason to devote alliance to a piece of plastic or company, so it's just hard for me to understand. There are always multiple ways to look at a given topic/circumstance/event, and only when looking at all the angles can you best understand the bigger picture.

Sorry not really lecturing you specifically, just venting since I'm dumbfounded how some can act in these threads. (that and I'm running on 5 hours of sleep in the last 2 nights =p)

ClovingSteam said:
I'm not trying to start free agency. I have a PS3 and enjoy it greatly but come on...

You're OP was altered for a reason, he's right that you should let it go.

sestrugen

what a shitfest, are people seriously thinking that those screenshots represent how BF3 will look on consoles? smh. You can expect BC2 level of graphics, sure the gameplay will differ due to the limitations but its not going to be a game breaking difference.

feel

Mmm I might actually play the singleplayer, the audio and animations alone seem to make it quite the enveloping experience.

Not worried about visuals, pretty sure the visuals will be up there with the best current consoles can offer, which is much better than this, and good enough to please everyone but pc players, who shouldn't be caring about how it looks on console anyways.

It sucks following pc/console games on gaf with the pc gamers constantly trying to make console people feel bad (and most of the time failing and just embarassing themselves).

This game is gonna change things around for sure. /duh

It's going to breathe life into PC gaming. /troll

And it's going to push console manufacturer's to unveil new hardware within the year. /Pachter

KageMaru said:
Who cares which is out first or not as long as we see continue improvement on both platforms.

That's fine if Sony's exclusive impress you more than anything, others still get impressed by games on both platforms (like myself).

You're original comment isn't any less silly now than it was when you first posted it. BF3 uses some pretty advanced techniques on both systems, and if both end up looking comparable to each other, how does that indicate a successor for one is more needed than the other?

Sad part is there shouldn't be sides. We're all excited for the same game.

I really hate how many gamers turn everything into a pissing contest. Maybe it's because I don't have that absolute mentality, and I see no reason to devote alliance to a piece of plastic or company, so it's just hard for me to understand. There are always multiple ways to look at a given topic/circumstance/event, and only when looking at all the angles can you best understand the bigger picture.

Sorry not really lecturing you specifically, just venting since I'm dumbfounded how some can act in these threads. (that and I'm running on 5 hours of sleep in the last 2 nights =p)

You're OP was altered for a reason, he's right that you should let it go.

If you notice the content of my OP wasn't altered. The mod edit simply added information and video. And what is there to let go? People are arguing that certain core ingredients that affect gameplay really don't count for gameplay?

Mr. Snrub said:
Yes, although somehow this uploader has managed to make it look even worse, with a lower frame or bitrate.

You're not helping the situation any more than that guy did.
Not trying to, just pointing out the dumbassedness that alot of pc gamers seem to exhibit about something so trivial. Of course its not all pc gamers though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EA QA offices must be hell right now. (They do all the QA in house right?)
(I guess that a QA staff leaked the footage)

iamshadowlark said:
Not trying to, just pointing out the dumbassedness that alot of pc gamers seem to exhibit about something so trivial. Of course its not all pc gamers though.

It really wouldn't be that difficult to find a console gamer that uses "fag" freely, so it's a moot point. There are idiots on both sides, but pointing it out like it applies to all PC gamers isn't a way to make friends.

KageMaru

ClovingSteam said:
If you notice the content of my OP wasn't altered. The mod edit simply added information and video. And what is there to let go? People are arguing that certain core ingredients that affect gameplay really don't count for gameplay?

I was mostly talking about the title, but fair enough.

As for what to let go, if you look a bit earlier in the thread, you'll see that the gameplay nuances that is being described are different.

Frankfurt

Banned
starok said:
And console trolling from PC GAF continues...
Funny that if you try to troll PC you'll get ban in less than 10 minutes.

Yep. PC Gaffers can call console Gaffers "stupid" and "idiot" (even in the same page) and nothing will happen to them. Now get a console Gaffer to post anything like what the OP's replies are - banned before he gets to page 2.

We ALL have seen it happen over a dozen times. And yet, it keeps happening.

KageMaru said:
I was mostly talking about the title, but fair enough.

As for what to let go, if you look a bit earlier in the thread, you'll see that the gameplay nuances that is being described are different.

I haven't read all 600+ posts but I was referring specifically to individuals that argued KB&M, FPS, 64 vs 24 weren't actual gameplay influencing issues.

Frankfurt said:
Yep. PC Gaffers can call console Gaffers "stupid" and "idiot" (even in the same page) and nothing will happen to them. Now get a console Gaffer to post anything like what the OP's replies are - banned before he gets to page 2.

Really then why did this post

ChiefKief said:
I love how the only "positive" aspect of playing bf3 on consoles, is comfortability because you fat fucks can't keep your arms up on a keyboard and mouse without gravity straining your gravy arms

get him banned immediately?

Frankfurt said:

The master race gets bonuses peasant cant even imaging.

all hail king 1080p@60fpsMaxedOut

Mr. Snrub said:
It really wouldn't be that difficult to find a console gamer that uses "fag" freely, so it's a moot point. There are idiots on both sides, but pointing it out like it applies to all PC gamers isn't a way to make friends.
Maybe I should've said "some" idk but I don't see why you seem so offended. A hit dog does holler though.

SamuraiX-

ChiefKief said:

lmfao

Wow.

It warms my heart to see the reign of positive aura flowing through this thread.

Emily Chu

Banned
where the devil is this beta ?

NisDu.jpg

Kyaw said:
Why is no one commenting about the boneless neck view in the Jet?
I did!
VibratingDonkey said:
That pilot's got a pretty flexible neck.
See?
Binabik15 said:
I play on my couch, on a big tv, with kb+m.

I have an Ikea laptop thing resting on the couch next to me for my mouse and the keyboard on my lap. Works perfectly fine. Only thing I still need to figure out is how to connect my pc to my Logitech Z-5500 for maximum bass.

Take THAT.
What laptop thing is that? I'm currently using the keyboard slide thing ripped out from my desk and it's pretty ghetto.

iamshadowlark said:
Maybe I should've said "some" idk but I don't see why you seem so offended. A hit dog does holler though.

Maybe because this thread is already full of PC vs Console idiocy and we should try to mitigate that? Go ahead and think what you want, though.

Frankfurt said:

He got banned because he called PC gamers "fat fucks" with "gravy arms". Please show us the PC player equivalent insult before we start crying foul.

Pranay

Mr. Snrub said:
Maybe because this thread is already full of PC vs Console idiocy and we should try to mitigate that? Go ahead and think what you want, though.

He got banned because he called PC gamers "fat fucks" with "gravy arms". Please show us the PC player equivalent insult before we start crying foul.

He actually called the Console gamers as fat fucks with gravy arms o_O

ChiefKief said:

This is just account suicide here.

*walks away*

Pranay_ said:
He actually called the Console gamers as fat fucks with gravy arms o_O

Right you are, I got that completely backwards. I was wondering why he was making fun of PC gamers, since he donated to the GAF BF3 server.
lol.gif

My bad.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
VibratingDonkey said:
Arms made out of gravy would be highly inconvenient. Except for when you needed gravy.

Or like if you dropped something down the drain...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Frankfurt said:

Who are these "PC Gaffers" and "Console Gaffers"? Are there sub-forums on gaf I'm not privy about? Is the rite of passage your 3dmark score?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Evolved1 said:
Or like if you dropped something down the drain...
Depends on how dense/solid the gravy is. Doesn't matter if you can reach it if you can't grab the thing with your gravy fingers. Needs to be a good balance there.

iam220

Those are direct capture? Yeah they tend to look like crap on consoles. AA will go along way to improve those, and so will sitting 8-10 feet away from your tv.

Jeseus

omg guys ... beta will be released when the game is finished - GOLD.

Beta is just Final CODE = Gold

than you can expect day one patch

like: R3,GT5,C2.....

Top Bottom