• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Overdoziz

Banned
I wish they fix those damn audio glitches already. Playing an entire match without hearing any ambient noise is really annoying.

Blue

Banned
I hope this patch fixes the problem with my russian engineer kit. I always have to manually switch to the m4a1 because the aks-74u is saved for some reason. Plus the m4ai shows zero progress and zero service stars. I decided to use the aks-74u which does show progress, get 8-12 kills with it and then see that the progress bar moves.

I just feel that all the work I put on the m4ai for this kit goes unaccounted for.

Nizz

God damn, DICE still looking into the PS3 input lag issue: http://mp1st.com/2012/02/06/battlefield-3-dice-still-working-on-ps3-input-lag-new-patch-details/

Addressing Battlefield fans’s concerns about the PS3′s input lag issues, Community Manager, Daniel Matros had this to say: “Sorry but we’re still working on it. No updates from my end unfortunately.” So it looks like PS3 users will have to practice their monk-like patience until the issue is resolved.
So much for that. I'm done waiting, going to trade this in. Really wanted this game to be my online shooter for months but with this lag I can't.

So pissed off...

ACESmkII

God damn, DICE still looking into the PS3 input lag issue: http://mp1st.com/2012/02/06/battlefield-3-dice-still-working-on-ps3-input-lag-new-patch-details/

So much for that. I'm done waiting, going to trade this in. Really wanted this game to be my online shooter for months but with this lag I can't.

So pissed off...

So mind boggling.

The beta played fine although did not look as good.

3 months later "we are still working on it"

....please Dice fix this.

YoungHav

Banned
what input lag on the PS3? During multi or single player? I havent had a problem to be honest, and have been kicking major ass.

Not noticed any significant input lag myself.

Does anyone else get this glitch where you'll be face to face with an enemy, you'll press the trigger, and nothing happens? Is it because you've been killed before you fire, but on your end its yet to catch up?

Also, would people be against the machine gun on the tanks doing a small amount of damage to other tanks and heavy vehicles?

Not noticed any significant input lag myself.

Does anyone else get this glitch where you'll be face to face with an enemy, you'll press the trigger, and nothing happens? Is it because you've been killed before you fire, but on your end its yet to catch up?

Also, would people be against the machine gun on the tanks doing a small amount of damage to other tanks and heavy vehicles?

Yes, it has for me. it's my first time playing in a while and it happened quite often.

redhot_

Well i hope that this patch was only for VOIP because that's the only thing it seems to have fixed. I still see people on top of buildings they shouldn't be, and frag rounds seem to be the same close range.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
My surround sound audio is cutting out a lot more now after the patch. Ambient sound is disappearing now in every round.

olimpia84

I actually don't mind the snipers riding the MAV unless they are on my team. All it means is one less person going for the objective.

JJD

Regarding input lag, which TV set you guys are using? I was playing in a big 1080p screen and I did notice input lag. I adapted to it but it was there.

Now I'm playing in an older, smaller 720p set and when I started I felt the controls were more responsive. I can't say for sure that input lag is gone, as I had adapted to it as I said, but if there was input lag, it was less severe.

Even my SPM went up when I started playing on my older 720p TV.

paskowitz

Regarding input lag, which TV set you guys are using? I was playing in a big 1080p screen and I did notice input lag. I adapted to it but it was there.

Now I'm playing in an older, smaller 720p set and when I started I felt the controls were more responsive. I can't say for sure that input lag is gone, as I had adapted to it as I said, but if there was input lag, it was less severe.

Even my SPM went up when I started playing on my older 720p TV.

I have not noticed any. 720p TV for me. Any lag is actual game lag where I pull the trigger but nothing happens since...

11561612361c9a2f4ee88f606d40016a9.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, Evolved was right: ME2's ending is totally jump the shark material.

*ahem* In any case, they need to fix the input lag, there is no excuse for it.

redhot_

i cant stand people who do that.

"Lets just stand here and wait for the enemy chopper to spawn, its totally worth it, not contributing to the team and waiting to get shot by the enemy" DERP DERP

The worst is when there are people just sitting in the littlebirds along for the ride or whatever they think exciting is going to happen in there lol.

Ohhh... and when half the team sits around WAITING to get into choppers/jets.

I see some people perfecting the art of driving a jeep full speed and jumping out resulting in the people loitering around all getting killed by bad luck. Not exactly productive itself but humorous if your not going to win anyway.

dc89

Maybe I was better posting this in here instead of the OT.

Is Xbox version having maintenance?

When I start the game it says that my user data is corrupt, then it says i've downloaded the DLC again etc.

Then when I go to start a game, it just freezes.

U2NUMB

what input lag on the PS3? During multi or single player? I havent had a problem to be honest, and have been kicking major ass.

Owning both copies of the game it is easily noticed when switching between the 360 and PS3. It is amazing how much more responsive the game is on the 360 from a control perspective.

I even use a 360 pad while on my PS3 and its often a bit painful knowing just how good it is on the 360 and honestly how solid it was on BC2 on the PS3.

Sure hope they address it but sounds like it is a patch or two off before anything gets done.

Marvie_3

Banned
The worst is when there are people just sitting in the littlebirds along for the ride or whatever they think exciting is going to happen in there lol.
I do this once in a while. Someone has to spend time with the pilot so they don't get lonely. :lol

Gazzawa

This game is lackluster without team-mates.
Please add me if you feel the same. I'm always up for a game of this.
Gazzawa69 on xbox live

Woorloog

Banned
Gazzawa69 on xbox live

Will send FR as i go online (my GT is Empyrus).

What's your time zone? Mine's GMT+2.
EDIT and do you play Conquest or Rush? Or both? Me, i play either one though prefer Conquest.
EDIT if i use a mic, i don't talk much. It's just the way i am, don't be surprised. I do listen though.

EDIT a question, was foregrip nerfed at some point? The wikia claims yes. Is FAMAS still super accurate with a foregrip?

EDIT again. Gaz, you need to send FR to me... i cannot send 'em at the moment for some reason. Will try again later of course.

paskowitz

getting all 3 bases? secondary!

getting all 3 choppers? PRIMARY OBJECTIVE!

smh @ other team, good job guys. had fun eating javelins?

This is true, but it does help the team if you know exactly how long it takes the enemy helicopter to spawn and you destroy it before it can take off. Then once that is done you go back to shooting down tanks or defending an objective. Then destroy the helicopter. Rinse and repeat.

Also, I cap objectives with my helicopter. Just got to get that low flying balance.

olimpia84

Can anyone answer this? Is my copy defective? There are no squad rush matches and I bought the game a week within launch.

Yes there are SR matches. I got the SR Medal winner not too long ago :p
Try joining games from the quick match menu, at least that's what I did.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Played Rush on Damavand Peak (Attacking)
Went 35-4 k/d
and got multiple messages such as "nice camping pussy","go play Call of duty"

all I did was to keep the m-coms clear so a teamate could arm

Ohhh... and when half the team sits around WAITING to get into choppers/jets.

I see some people perfecting the art of driving a jeep full speed and jumping out resulting in the people loitering around all getting killed by bad luck. Not exactly productive itself but humorous if your not going to win anyway.

nothing like taking off in a littlebird with a full crew and you're like "yeah, we're gonna fuck these guys up" and you're fighting the other chopper and get hit and they all bail because none of them is an engineer!

This is true, but it does help the team if you know exactly how long it takes the enemy helicopter to spawn and you destroy it before it can take off. Then once that is done you go back to shooting down tanks or defending an objective. Then destroy the helicopter. Rinse and repeat.

Also, I cap objectives with my helicopter. Just got to get that low flying balance.

but they weren't doing that though... they had a full z-11w on the carrier trying to get the little birds while we had 2/3 and 3/3 flags and we even jacked one of their tanks for a while. when they finally got al 3 they had 5 people in the air because 2 of the birds were getting air repaired!

Gazzawa

EDIT and do you play Conquest or Rush? Or both? Me, i play either one though prefer Conquest.
EDIT if i use a mic, i don't talk much. It's just the way i am, don't be surprised. I do listen though.

EDIT again. Gaz, you need to send FR to me... i cannot send 'em at the moment for some reason. Will try again later of course.

Sent! Im in ireland so your only 2 hours ahead. Its cool if you don't talk much. yeah I only play conquest and the occasional rush map

YoungHav

Banned
Yes there are SR matches. I got the SR Medal winner not too long ago :p
Try joining games from the quick match menu, at least that's what I did.
Haha tried this, thanks. I never saw it in the server browser before since I just realized I had always had 20+ players checked. Loving the mode, lol @ me finally trying it at 70hrs in, I guess this mode is pretend DLC for me.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Gazzawa69 on xbox live

EDIT a question, was foregrip nerfed at some point? The wikia claims yes. Is FAMAS still super accurate with a foregrip?

Mind if I friend both of you? Team mates are lacking as of late as most of my friends have moved on to other 360 titles.

I'm in Ireland as well.

damn for no automatic replay recordings :D jumped out of a plane, shot two guys mid-air. enemy tank blasted me away one inch away from me getting in a tank with paskowitz, and another instance of an enemy plane roadkilling me while i was in a parachute.

and then this glitch:
clanglitch.jpg

my clantag was suddenly swapped for thepatriots nickname?

damn for no automatic replay recordings :D jumped out of a plane, shot two guys mid-air. enemy tank blasted me away one inch away from me getting in a tank with paskowitz, and another instance of an enemy plane roadkilling me while i was in a parachute.

and then this glitch:
clanglitch.jpg

my clantag was suddenly swapped for thepatriots nickname?

yeah, that glitch happens on occasion... clan tags being changed to another player's name in the game.

JJD

I lost connection while I was typing my answer to you Hunting Beast, sorry!

I'll help you with the co op, I just need to do something about my ISP first. I can't play a game from start to finish anymore. I'm always getting disconnected.

Woorloog

Banned
Mind if I friend both of you? Team mates are lacking as of late as most of my friends have moved on to other 360 titles.

I'm in Ireland as well.
Accepted Gazzawa's invite.
Feel free to friend me as well. What's your GT?

And your GAF username wouldn't have anything to do with Ringworld series?

Top Bottom