• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: E3 2011 Gameplay Trailers

YoungFa said:
Hmm thats stupid, I hoped using bipod would be the only way to get rid of sway.

Anyone hear (or think) that since LMGs get bipods, snipers may as well? Going prone or using bipod would remove sway, crouching or standing would add sway? I'm hoping for this.

MrBig

Church RvB said:
Anyone hear (or think) that since LMGs get bipods, snipers may as well? Going prone or using bipod would remove sway, crouching or standing would add sway? I'm hoping for this.
There was an interview stating snipers could have bipods. Have no idea which one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Are we still getting news on the PS3 version sometime this week or is the embargo up later? I'd like to see some better quality media from it thsn Fallon.

shagg_187 said:
I thought we knew this already that LMG and Snipers will have Bipods. Good to get a confirmation straight from the source.

I think most people know LMGs have functional bipods, but I didn't know about snipers and I've tried to keep up with all the features so far. Also regarding the embargo, I heard it was lifting the 21st.

Keasar

Church RvB said:
I think most people know LMGs have functional bipods, but I didn't know about snipers and I've tried to keep up with all the features so far. Also regarding the embargo, I heard it was lifting the 21st.
What is this embargo I keep hearing about? Something good to come?

Church RvB said:
Someone mentioned a few pages back that an embargo for bf3 lifts on the 21st. Other than that, I have no idea.

probably because of an event in NY tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/#!/jay_blings/status/93298116345868288

mblitek

I cannot wait to buy the PC version as well as the PS3 version. I'm glad they're pushing the limits in all directions including audio which a lot of people usually forget about. Looking forward to the embargo lift if there is such a thing :)

Nizz

RoboPlato said:
Are we still getting news on the PS3 version sometime this week or is the embargo up later? I'd like to see some better quality media from it thsn Fallon.
Woah, there's more PS3 footage coming?

LovingSteam said:
Someone posted a pic of DICE offices looking out over the ocean recently. Anybody have that pic, i cant find it.
gZa28.jpg

This one?

endlessflood said:
gZa28.jpg

This one?
Loving the propped up middle screen. I'm doing the same at work with a stack of art pads.

I bet his day got awesome when he found a book/box? that put it at exactly the right height.

SiriusTexra said:
Loving the propped up middle screen. I'm doing the same at work with a stack of art pads.

I bet his day got awesome when he found a book/box? that put it at exactly the right height.

I recognize that book i believe a buddy of mine has it.
Or he has the game engine coding complete reference book.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Out of curiosity have they shown anymore console footage? Other than the one brief reveal? That, or screens.

We should be hearing more about it soon

We’ve included a story about Battlefield 3′s classes below; we actually got to go hands-on with the PS3 version of the game this week. Unfortunately, that’s all I can say for another week or so, but when that embargo expires, look for Sid’s and my impressions right here.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/10/playstation-around-the-web-what-we-read-144/

That was posted on July 10th.

Keasar

Did anyone talk about this? I just read this and cant remember seeing anyone post about it here.

PlanetBattlefield ran a little story that users on the EA UK Forums had found a URL to the Battlelog login site.
Yesterday, users on the EA UK Forums discovered the url for the Battlelog website, which is currently online. The main page prompts you for your Origin account login, but after trying to enter in your account information you will see red text stating your account is not allowed to login. Not much to see, but the text at the top stats "Try Battlefield 3 Before Everyone Else", which has some people curious.

If you examine the source code to the page you'll notice the type of framework Battlelog is built on. Battlelog appears to be using a real-time web framework called ESN Planet. ESN is a Swedish company, which also has developed a VoIP in the cloud solution, which presumably is what DICE are using in Battlelog for voice communications. A few of the ESN staff can even been seen in the Battlelog screenshots released last week.
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=165188

CrankyJay said:
Isn't it obvious? If you're standing still will experience sway. If you are in the prone position using a bi-pod enemies will see lens glare.

It does seem obvious, but I don't want to assume anything and get my hopes up.

Top Bottom