• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Snrub said:
They're timed unlocks. Everyone will have access without having to purchase them.
Wow, that's good to hear even though I already preordered the game from Origin. I really don't like competitive MP games having exclusive DLC weapons or items.

Sethos

Banned
excaliburps said:
Not sure if you've seen this before, but from what my trusted "source" told me, the beta will start:

(Yeah, I wrote that piece and it creates more drama that way, no?)

Thoughts? By the way, at least two people have said the same date to me...so that's why I'm reporting on it.

E2f3X.jpg

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Mr. Snrub said:

Haha! Hey, I do write for other pubs too! But I posted it on chartz for some reason. :)

I've heard that date since last week, tried verifying it without getting the people at DICE getting mad at me...they're good peeps and I want to maintain our relationship.

Personally, it's too far out! Unless they let us play until the week of BF3's release.

Also, somebody already got into trouble because of the date. :(

punkypine

i'm about to pre order on origin. never used it before, there should be 3 things in the cart right? the back to kakarand and all that isnt seperate for some reason, but the physical warfare pack and play4free pack are... doesnt really make much sense

excaliburps said:
Haha! Hey, I do write for other pubs too! But I posted it on chartz for some reason. :)

I've heard that date since last week, tried verifying it without getting the people at DICE getting mad at me...they're good peeps and I want to maintain our relationship.

Personally, it's too far out! Unless they let us play until the week of BF3's release.

Also, somebody already got into trouble because of the date. :(

belvedere said:
Does this 27th date even have any credence? I thought numerous devs have used "early Sept" on more than one occasion.

I mean, it's as good a guess as any, but it originated sometime in the last two weeks, when a Singapore BF Server Admin posted on a forum and said to make sure your computers are ready by September 27th. That's it.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
wwm0nkey said:
Well he did at least say he writes for other sites too

Yep, I do. But feel free to bash whatever site you want. I don't hold any emotional attachment to them. :)

I used to write for DeltaGamer, will start for ***** and a few others next week.

Being freelance is H-A-R-D. :(

Wish there were more screencaps. Also, didn't realize he's carrying the mortar over his shoulder in the beginning. Wonder if it'll be the same in MP.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
DICE is so awesome...

\/\/\/ except for Tom. he can go eat a dick

LordCanti

Sn4ke_911 said:

I know I'm a page late but....oh my God is this guy an asshole.

Also...HNNNNNNG those graphics in the new trailer...

Edit: Apparently platoons are real....giving some credence to the people that leaked the 27th as a potential beta date.. :/

"You will be able to create platoons and brand them on battlelog. It´s a fantastic feature with tons of good stuff." From zh1nt0 on twitter today.

punkypine

wtf why is origin such a miserable failure...

i pre order the game... my credit card is charged. it says i'll get a confirmation email, 30 mins later, no email. i go to the "my games" list, nothing there. okay, maybe they dont put pre orders there. I go to "order history" page, it says "no orders were found"

why does it take so long for them to process all this?

LordCanti said:
I know I'm a page late but....oh my God is this guy an asshole.

Also...HNNNNNNG those graphics in the new trailer...

Edit: Apparently platoons are real....giving some credence to the people that leaked the 27th as a potential beta date.. :/

"You will be able to create platoons and brand them on battlelog. It´s a fantastic feature with tons of good stuff." From zh1nt0 on twitter today.

I don't think the beta date of 27th and the Platoon screen were leaked by the same person, were they? I thought it was just more exposure to the BF Admin saying the 27th.

IF they're doing a three part vid series for Operation Guillotine, like they did Fault Line...then trailer #2 would be 09/16, trailer #3 would be 09/23, and the next week is the 27th. Could be possible.

squidyj

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
After counting all my fingers, I've come to the conclusion that the Beta will start in 10 days.

I have an idea.

1. Get a nice sharp cleaver
2. You know what to do next
3. ?????
4. BETA TOMORROW!

desu

Mr. Snrub said:
IF they're doing a three part vid series for Operation Guillotine, like they did Fault Line...then trailer #2 would be 09/16, trailer #3 would be 09/23, and the next week is the 27th. Could be possible.

Pretty much, sadly.

demolitio

Holy shit. That part with the mortar and the squad climbing the wall looked fucking real and I don't say that about games at all. That's just insane.

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
So, I had read somewhere that there will be 10 multiplayer maps at launch. Does anyone know if that includes the maps that come with the Karkand expansion, or will there be 10 brand new Bf3 maps in addition to the Karkand pack? It would be kinda disappointing if there were only 5 or 6 actual new maps in addition to the remakes. I'm hoping there are 10 new maps along with the 4 or 5 included in the Karkand expansion for a total of 14-15ish. Has Dice talked about this at all?

demolitio

ValleyJoe said:
So, I had read somewhere that there will be 10 multiplayer maps at launch. Does anyone know if that includes the maps that come with the Karkand expansion, or will there be 10 brand new Bf3 maps in addition to the Karkand pack? It would be kinda disappointing if there were only 5 or 6 actual new maps in addition to the remakes. I'm hoping there are 10 new maps along with the 4 or 5 included in the Karkand expansion for a total of 14-15ish. Has Dice talked about this at all?
10 new maps plus the expansion pack since it's not coming at launch. They're supposed to have good DLC support for BF3 so hopefully we actually get some new maps sooner than a year later, but the Karkand expansion will keep me entertained for a very long time including any of the new maps that are awesome.

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
demolitio said:
10 new maps plus the expansion pack since it's not coming at launch. They're supposed to have good DLC support for BF3 so hopefully we actually get some new maps sooner than a year later, but the Karkand expansion will keep me entertained for a very long time including any of the new maps that are awesome.
Ahh I didn't realize Karkand wasn't coming until a bit later. I thought it was a day 1 add on. Well, at any rate, I'm glad were getting 10 brand new maps. I can wait a little while for Karkand to hit. Thanks for the info!

LordCanti

Giriath_89 said:
Actually, I think it might be a bit difficult trying to chop of all your fingers with a cleaver.

Unless you have a strong neck and jaw.

I'm more worried about the other things I couldn't do without all of my fingers.

Menelaus

Banned
LordCanti said:
Almost certainly fake, unless DICE moved :p

Confirmed fake: https://twitter.com/#!/seeson
Not a shock. He's leeching that background pic from EA's servers, though, which threw me off looking through the source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom