• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 News Thread of BE ADVISED: Reviews On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

I thought BF3 was Origin only?

The price is nice but these sites are fishy... Sure it's ok? Also does it come with Back to Karkand?

Sethos

Banned
Deadly said:
I thought BF3 was Origin only?

The price is nice but these sites are fishy... Sure it's ok? Also does it come with Back to Karkand?

Friend bought from there, got his key. I've purchased from there twice, last time was Dead Island which I had refunded - Talked to their live support and the money was back in my account in less than 4 minutes.

And this looks like it's without Back to Karkand but that might change.

LordCanti said:
Which junior is going to save you this time? :p

None as there's no referral link and people seem to link these sort of sites often - I'm just telling which sites are on the up and up :p Just hoping people who might be a bit cheap, skint or very uncertain to maybe pull the trigger at $26

LordCanti

Sethos said:
None as there's no referral link and people seem to link these sort of sites often - I'm just telling which sites are on the up and up :p

Every time a site like that gets posted on a deal forum, there are pages and pages of argument over whether or not they are legitimate. I don't see how they can be for the prices they charge, but if it works, I guess it works.

I need this beta IN ME ALREADY!

Sethos

Banned
LordCanti said:
Every time a site like that gets posted on a deal forum, there are pages and pages of argument over whether or not they are legitimate. I don't see how they can be for the prices they charge, but if it works, I guess it works.

You do know there's places in the world where games are dirt cheap due to piracy? That's what they take advantage of and most keys are based on regions and even more are region free. Especially places like India are a hot-spot for dirt cheap copies. It's not like they go to Wal-Mart and hoover the shelves at premium prices. They even send you a picture of the CD-key on the box / manual / disc.

And if the game needs to be activated through VPN, like a Russian or non-RF key, it's usually listed and they are even cheaper.

Deadly

LordCanti said:

I need this beta IN ME ALREADY!
I assume they're from other countries where it's cheaper or something.

That $26 dollar price is for the regular edition, the limited edition (with Back to Karkand) sells for $36. Most won't be willing to use an unknown grey-market import for such pitiful savings.

The PC boxed version though, was available for £23 for a while on Tesco and Bee.com, which is essentially $36.

tehbible

Sethos said:
By the way, if anyone wants a key for $26 they can use on Origin

http://buygamecdkeys.com/battlefield-preorder-2599-p-1.html

These guys are legit.

I'd say that's pretty cheap.

EDIT: Can even get 5% off http://buygamecdkeys.com/discount-coupon-facebook-fans-ezp-9.html

EDIT2: This obviously isn't meant for people who live in countries where games are dirt cheap, but for people who live in countries where we pay three times the price.

wow. thanks for this.

now all i need is that GTX 580

Sethos said:

These guys are legit.

EDIT: Can even get 5% off http://buygamecdkeys.com/discount-coupon-facebook-fans-ezp-9.html

EDIT2: This obviously isn't meant for people who live in countries where games are dirt cheap, but for people who live in countries where we pay three times the price.

Where the fuck were you two days ago when I preordered them for $45...?

DAT Mortar

1279082592656.jpg

Sethos said:
Friend bought from there, got his key. I've purchased from there twice, last time was Dead Island which I had refunded - Talked to their live support and the money was back in my account in less than 4 minutes.

And this looks like it's without Back to Karkand but that might change.

None as there's no referral link and people seem to link these sort of sites often - I'm just telling which sites are on the up and up :p Just hoping people who might be a bit cheap, skint or very uncertain to maybe pull the trigger at $26

Your friend bought BF3 from there and got his key? How? They don't have keys until release.

LordCanti

I don't care what you guys say; The lighting is God tier.

On a slightly unrelated but also related topic: Does anyone remember the name of that documentary that someone at DICE said was influential on the game?

LordCanti said:
I don't care what you guys say; The lighting is God tier.

On a slightly unrelated but also related topic: Does anyone remember the name of that documentary that someone at DICE said was influential on the game?

Armadillo

LordCanti

LEGGZZZZ said:
Just 3 more weeks guys!

I like to think of it as two and change. Not that I believe the beta is coming out the 27th yet (battleblog said nothing, and not a single credible source for the information at all).

JWong

Banned
So if there's only one map, which map would you guys like it to be?

Even though it's probably gonna be Operation Metro again.

Izayoi

Banned
JWong said:
So if there's only one map, which map would you guys like it to be?

Even though it's probably gonna be Operation Metro again.
I thought DICE already stated it would be a 64 player map. Even if it was Operation Metro it would have to be a radically modified version of it.

demolitio

vidal said:
I'd like the map to be Operation Metro again just to see how the changes affect it.
Seeing the changes are nice but not nice enough to make me want to play nonstop for a month when it's infantry only except for one LAV that no one uses correctly... :D

I want and think it'll be Caspian since that's the only other map they've shown and it has all the features of a normal BF map to interest people. Op. Metro was fun, but it didn't really sell anyone on the main draw BF has over the competition, vehicular warfare. With a map like Caspian for all to play, people new to the series gets to see what makes BF different (in the sense of scale of the battle) and also gets the BF2 people back on board who've been wanting huge battles again. The people who liked BC2 are probably on board already anyway.

I just think they need to show a vehicle map to really get the hype up. Remember, Op. Metro was the first map they ended up showing at E3, etc. and then it was the alpha map whereas Caspian was shown at the other conventions up until now so I think it'll be that.

dLMN8R

Sethos said:

These guys are legit.

I hope you guys buying this realize this isn't the special edition and you therefore won't be getting the Back to Karkand expansion for free when it's released.

It would be glorious if there were both Op Metro and Caspian.

I'd be really interested in revisiting Op Metro with smoke grenades and a working spawn system.

demolitio

Mr. Snrub said:
It would be glorious if there were both Op Metro and Caspian.

I'd be really interested in revisiting Op Metro with smoke grenades and a working spawn system.
True, but I figure it'll only be one map and they'll want that map to be Caspian to impress both BF2 fans and newcomers alike. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked Op. Metro but it's not a map I see as the best example of the BF formula. Infantry combat is nice, but people want to see what makes BF different and that's mayhem in vehicles! :p

With smoke grenades, the beginning of Op. Metro shouldn't be too hard if people actually use them, but also remember that they moved the one station a lot more closer to the attackers to make it easier which is nice in some ways but sucks in others since beating that map as an attacker was rewarding since it required teamwork. Now it seems it won't be too hard to move up but then again, every round should at least get passed the first objective...lol

I won on that map quite a few times just by having a competent team that was willing to listen and communicate about what to do next. The LAV was there for a purpose yet people just used that for a few kills by parking in the middle and wreaking havoc when they should have filled up all the spots in the back and booked it to B and dropped people off to arm it while you watched it. The few times people were willing to try that, we moved on easily. I only beat the whole map like 5 times but those 5 times were fucking awesome because you never felt so proud in a video game.

I just think they don't want to just show off an infantry based map when vehicles is arguably their biggest tool in luring people in to buy their game over other shooters out this holiday season.

Agreed. I mean, they obviously had a playable build with Caspian Border--would make sense if it's in the beta. And what a great way to drum up hype.

Izayoi

Banned
fifasnipe2224 said:
ok im done trying to hold back...... pre-ordering tonight. But were is the best place to pre-order? and why??
PC you'll want to pre-order on Origin for early beta access and physical warfare. 360/PS3 it's up to you. Best Buy has the soldier skins, Amazon has the dog tags, and Gamestop has the physical warfare pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom