• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: three themed expansion packs announced; 12 million copies

Looks like it could be some sort of survivor mode. Where one player is on the run. Just speculation, so far away.

Haven't thought about that. A solo-esque horde mode

Going based off B2K, CQ, and AK, all of which are showing some type of multiplayer combat, and going off of End Game's name alone it has to be some form of single player content.

What about Onslaught mode from BC2? Was surprised that wasn't included in the BF3 package.

Raide

I loved the Blackhawk on BC2. A tad weak, but still so underrated!

Anyone want to bet on the new weapons for CQ? I'm betting on a SPAS 12 and AUG. I would say MP5, but they gave us the G53 instead of it in B2K. :)

Mostly based around CQC but you can unlock and use those weapons is the rest of the game. SPAS12 would be pretty awesome. I want laser-tripmines. :D

I wonder if they will dig through BF a bit and give us more classic guns?

Is that a Blackhawk or some other kind of helo?

If End Game isn't dinosaurs or special ops I am gonna be disappoint. (ps is that rain? Looks like the t-rex/explorer scene from JP!)

Honestly, the whole dino thing has been on my mind lately....

What makes me think it's a possibility is that image...

What is far more likely than dinos: It could be a stealth-like solo mission where you use your knife to take out enemies

or the far more bad ass version is that you could be using your knife to sneak up and take out a raptor from behind. the atmosphere and feel of the picture gives that vibe ;)

ALSO, wasn't there a dev who posted an image on twitter during GDC of a dino and a soldier with a gun made of legos

If anyone was wondering, these are the 'posters' for the three expansions.

what's most important here is end game

BF3-DLC.jpg

edit: showing some kind of sp action? hope not :/

What Jet is that?

Raide

ALSO, wasn't there a dev who posted an image on twitter during GDC of a dino and a soldier with a gun made of legos

How about a new Onslaught mode where you get your usual soldiers and tanks...then a T-Rex appears and starts mashing up buildings.

8 player co-op makes that idea day 1 for me.

Sober

So I guess I should skip BF3 now?

I am waiting for something like 30$ before buying it on PC but from all the complaints I guess I should bail out and save myself the trouble?

jet1911

I am waiting for something like 30$ before buying it on PC but from all the complaints I guess I should bail out and save myself the trouble?

I'm not sure but maybe a lot of the complain you're reading is from console players? I'm playing on PC and I say it's totally worth it.

How about a new Onslaught mode where you get your usual soldiers and tanks...then a T-Rex appears and starts mashing up buildings.

8 player co-op makes that idea day 1 for me.

wow, I never even took frostbite 2.0 into account when thinking about dino mode...

I only ever thought about dinos in a jungle..

but dinos in strike at karkand or op metro, lol. knocking out walls of buildings with their tails when chasing you, cars exploding underneath the wait of their bodies, ugh, it would(will) be beautiful :)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

B2K makes it worth it. 64 player Karkand... So good.

Close Quarters is going to be a hard sell for me.

Mahonay

Banned
cool, thanks for letting us know.

BF3 is fun, I honestly don't know where all the negativity comes from.
Yup. I even play the shitty 360 version and I consistently have an absolute blast playing this game. More content on the way sounds pretty damn awesome.

Currently I'm really looking forward to the big balance update. If Battlefield 3 has one thing wrong with it, it's balance issues. I was really happy to see how in depth the changes are going to be.

Raide

wow, I never even took frostbite 2.0 into account when thinking about dino mode...

I only ever thought about dinos in a jungle..

but dinos in strike at karkand or op metro, lol. knocking out walls of buildings with their tails when chasing you, cars exploding underneath the wait of their bodies, ugh, it would(will) be beautiful :)

I know right! :D

4 tanks rolling down the hill towards a small down being devastated by a T-Rex. Get those shells raining down, SOFLAMS locked on and someone buzzing around in a Jet. Its like 2012 King-Kong.

Or at least let 1 player control the T-Rex. :D

Mahonay

Banned
I know right! :D

4 tanks rolling down the hill towards a small down being devastated by a T-Rex. Get those shells raining down, SOFLAMS locked on and someone buzzing around in a Jet. Its like 2012 King-Kong.

Or at least let 1 player control the T-Rex. :D
Still excited about that idea even after Dino D-Day?

Raide

Still excited about that idea even after Dino D-Day?

I think DICE can do a better job. I really enjoyed Onslaught mode but I am sure most people would prefer more MP content. If End-Game is Onslaught of course but the name sounds pretty interesting.

Woo-Fu

Banned
History repeating itself, DICE splitting up the community with 3 different pay expansions lots of people won't buy.

Putting the Call of Duty wannabe maps first tells you everything you need to know.

Expect the sci-fi BF3142 ~6 months after the last BF3 expansion.

vocab

History repeating itself, DICE splitting up the community with 3 different pay expansions lots of people won't buy.

Putting the Call of Duty wannabe maps first tells you everything you need to know.

Yup. The booster packs were always a poor attempt to grab money. In 2142 you had access to some of the booster skills even if you didn't have it. No one played it at all. And I know for a fact BF2 community had so many more mods that the booster packs were dead on arrival.

Sethos

Banned
Wings are at an angle so that can't be it. I'm hoping the expansion brings a new non useless jet plane

It's an F-18, you can see the front part the fuselage going into the wing and the slight angle of the wing which the F-18 also has.

Even have the classic F-18 guidance systems / drop tanks.

M4z2x.png

Obviously it shares many similarities with the Russian variant but the tanks give it away, I'd say.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Obviously, End Game cover is a Jeff Goldblum impersonator lighting a flare to distract a T-Rex.

GodofWine

Well,id be all over this if dice / ea ever decided that a functioning squad system on ps3 was important in a a squad based game....I also don't think there community is as strong on ps3 as they think.....cmon dice fix the game before expanding it

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) this will be the truth. DICE and EA are relying upon the death of modding the game to make sure people buy it. The only problem is that B2K servers aren't even that populated and that came free for preorders.

You might get a few long life servers running these, but I imagine in 12-18 months down the track that vanilla servers will be the most populated still. It happened in every Battlefield and the probability is pointing at the same direction.

been playing conquest metro lately and its actually not bad when they make explosives bannable

I recently found this out too! When ALL explosives are banned.. It's actually fun! :)

Just hate to be on the team full of bads that are being spawn camped back by the two buildings... I get so frustrated :/

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) this will be the truth. DICE and EA are relying upon the death of modding the game to make sure people buy it. The only problem is that B2K servers aren't even that populated and that came free for preorders.

You might get a few long life servers running these, but I imagine in 12-18 months down the track that vanilla servers will be the most populated still. It happened in every Battlefield and the probability is pointing at the same direction.

B2K servers ARE populated? I don't know what you're talking about? I NEVER have a problem finding a game of 64p on any of the B2K maps.. I also have one of the 24/7 1000 ticket SaK servers on my favorites... ALWAYS 64/64 with people in queue.

however, I can see the expansion maps being free if they discount them down the deal / CHEAP package deals / put them all on a disc and sell at retail

in addition to this, if Battlefield: evolved turns out to be BF3+all DLC... that will bring in a slew of new players with every map :)

I have no fear of not being able to find a server for the expansion maps. There will ALWAYS be servers that ONLY rotate those maps too.

PS: I see 2142 being the next full fledged BF release... I feel like they're gonna be moving away from the modern warfare and going into 2143...

PSS: 2143 on Frost Bite 2 will be my game of the forever d; (riding in a mech and shooting out the walls of a building as someone runs through it trying to escape the mech)

or mechs v dinos?

D_Star

Neo Member
Does anyone notice any of the new guns? I can't spot any of them. I do see a shotgun that SERIOUSLY resembles the FAMAS tho... unless it's an underslung attachment (Probably is... )

Can't really see it clearly, but I think I saw some new weapon called a ACW-R. Didn't look a whole lot different from what we currently have with all the attachments, though.

Trailer looks good, although I will refrain from buying it until I've seen more or hear other people's opinion about it. The addition of HD destruction does look nice, although the maps still look cramped.

I don't buy multiplayer games for graphics, so HD destruction won't push me over the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T2py6Z5q9wE

Just wanna bump this to the next page so nobody misses it :) It's a brand new gameplay trailer announcing one of the new maps for CQC pack called Ziba Tower.

Honestly, I knew from the beginning that I'd be buying every single pack. I love this game. However, I was skeptical as to how well it infantry focused maps all based indoors would work in BF3... the first map shown DID NOT sell me on..

but this map did. It looks so chaotic and fun.

What I would REALLY love to see is DICE include some of the promised game modes included in this pack. CTF would work wonders on a map these size... as would search and destroy. Not only are the size of the maps important for these modes but the size of the teams (8v8) is essential.

Can you imagine a 32v32 game of SnD on Operation Firestorm!? Lol. I'm sure we'll see it.. but it will work far more on Ziga Tower and the other 3 maps :)

So, I'm calling it now... expansion pack includes new (promised) game types! (hopefully of which they implement into old maps as well)

Can't really see it clearly, but I think I saw some new weapon called a ACW-R. Didn't look a whole lot different from what we currently have with all the attachments, though.

Trailer looks good, although I will refrain from buying it until I've seen more or hear other people's opinion about it. The addition of HD destruction does look nice, although the maps still look cramped.

I don't buy multiplayer games for graphics, so HD destruction won't push me over the edge.

http://images.wikia.com/guns/images/f/f1/ACR_Basic.jpg

Sure it wasn't the ACR?

One gun I've been waiting for.. along with the XM8 :)

iirc they were in bf2/bc2 so they'll show up eventually

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T2py6Z5q9wE

Just wanna bump this to the next page so nobody misses it :) It's a brand new gameplay trailer announcing one of the new maps for CQC pack called Ziba Tower.

Honestly, I knew from the beginning that I'd be buying every single pack. I love this game. However, I was skeptical as to how well it infantry focused maps all based indoors would work in BF3... the first map shown DID NOT sell me on..

but this map did. It looks so chaotic and fun.

What I would REALLY love to see is DICE include some of the promised game modes included in this pack. CTF would work wonders on a map these size... as would search and destroy. Not only are the size of the maps important for these modes but the size of the teams (8v8) is essential.

Can you imagine a 32v32 game of SnD on Operation Firestorm!? Lol. I'm sure we'll see it.. but it will work far more on Ziga Tower and the other 3 maps :)

So, I'm calling it now... expansion pack includes new (promised) game types! (hopefully of which they implement into old maps as well)

I think they have to introduce new gametypes for this expansion. 16 player max maps for deathmatch, and possibly no conquest and rush support...that would be pathetic.

I really wish DICE didn't theme these packs so heavily. This expansion seems to do absolutely nothing for the 32v32 Conquest crowd. It's going to be six months - almost a year after the game released - before they get maps they want to play. I don't think there will be anybody left by that time.

I think they have to introduce new gametypes for this expansion. 16 player max maps for deathmatch, and possibly no conquest and rush support...that would be pathetic.

Guarantee they will. I remember them being asked in an interview about possible new gametypes and they said they're currently working on some (that won't make launch) and CTF was the one that was named.

Regardless of this ^ ... It only makes sense to include them. Do you seriously expect DICE to think that the BF3 community are going to play these small maps on ONLY TDM and be happy about it? Lol, cmon :)

I really wish DICE didn't theme these packs so heavily. This expansion seems to do absolutely nothing for the 32v32 Conquest crowd. It's going to be six months - almost a year after the game released - before they get maps they want to play. I don't think there will be anybody left by that time.

read above.

Would CTF/SnD make you happy?

Raide

CTF/SND aren't fun to play in COD; I don't see how putting it in BF would magically make it better.

I dunno, having a Medic class already makes it 100% more fun than the CoD version. Add to that stuff like suppression etc and it could be an interesting mode.

sp3000

What kind of utter idiots release the most wanted expansion a year after the game is out. Who is even going to be playing by then.

This game has the worst post release support I've seen in a major title, total joke.

Top Bottom