• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

I totally believe it, but what makes it obvious other than the randomization of the battlepack's contents?
Level cap and the amount of useless crap that is classed as high level unlocks. It's likely you'd hit the Cap missing out on some stuff for weapons that actually matters.

GoodlifeX

I got a question for the people who primarily play recon. How do you do it? Mainly with sniper rifles.

I haven't found many moments where I played as one and thought that a sniper rifle would be that much more helpful. I find they I can take out people with a couple burst from a assault rifle without many issues.

I also just don't feel like I am really benefiting the team with not many captures.

Maybe I just lack the patience or something :p

-griffy-

Banned
I jumped into a Flood Zone conquest match last night, was playing for about 10 minutes. On the elevated freeway and a squadmate is rolling under me in a IFV. Jump down and hop into the gunner seat, only I have no gun. Switch seats all the way around, still no gun. Press square to jump out of vehicle, game crashes. I couldn't bring myself to load it back up so I quit for the night.

Timu

Am I nuts or did they introduce more problems with the last 2 patches for pc?

First one my keys aren't reacting correctly all the time and hit detection got very bad. Like a clip in a guys back bad.
That's been happening to me as well!!!

turnbuckle

I jumped into a Flood Zone conquest match last night, was playing for about 10 minutes. On the elevated freeway and a squadmate is rolling under me in a IFV. Jump down and hop into the gunner seat, only I have no gun. Switch seats all the way around, still no gun. Press square to jump out of vehicle, game crashes. I couldn't bring myself to load it back up so I quit for the night.

I've had something like that happen to me 3 times now. I recorded one of them, I should upload it sometime. Riding bitch in an Abrams (or whatever 2 seater tank) on Zavod in conquest and I can't shoot at all. I hopped in another Abrams later that match, same thing.
In the video I took there's a moment where I jumped out of the tank to repair the vehicle (even though it was at 100%) thinking there might have been something in the game I didn't know about that disabled tank weapons. It was kind of silly lol.

Also spawned in an Abrams, drove around, switched to the gunner spot and again - no weapon.

This also happened to me on that 6 seater IFV in flood zone yesterday. I was so tired I could barely play, but in the few minutes I was on I experienced the same glitch.

Gorillaz

well can't play it without freezing, apparently everytime I get to synchronizing trophies it freezes, tried to delete patch and redownload and it just hard freezes/restarts

Not worth bricking the triple. Wish i could join in the 50 vehicles

On the bright side, it'll make the 50 million vehicles easier to get because of all the vehicles driving around without gunners! Right? Right?

...sigh.

Kabuto

So what was the contents of the pc patch?

DICE said:
We're finalizing the upcoming PC game update that is slotted to go live tomorrow, February 13, starting 1AM PDT / 9AM UTC. We will roll out new servers at the same time, which means that you may get disconnected from your current game, as this will be happening throughout the day.

Full details will be available in the BF4 Control Room.

didn't even know there was going to be a patch tomorrow; really hoping it's a big one that fixes a lot of the issues.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
are the size of the maps on normal CQ reduced as well?

The bounds, yes. To fit the 32-player count.

*opens today's battlepack*
*doesn't see any XP boost*

:/

Today was a good day, then.

I don't want the 2XP's since the boosts I already have aren't being used and I'm nearly to level 100 (then it's 10 more levels to the cap and I'm using my 4(!) 200% boosts to reach that next 2XP when I reach 100 normally). I'd rather have the gun unlocks and emblems over those, TBH.

scogoth

The bounds, yes. To fit the 32-player count.

Today was a good day, then.

I don't want the 2XP's since the boosts I already have aren't being used and I'm nearly to level 100 (then it's 10 more levels to the cap and I'm using my 4(!) 200% boosts to reach that next 2XP when I reach 100 normally). I'd rather have the gun unlocks and emblems over those, TBH.

Why bother saving them. Just keep using them till 110 despite it not being a double XP event. You will still have LOTS to use during the double xp. I wish you could give them away or use them on other players to reduce their xp gain.

Shadybiz

Good video, thanks for posting. That response by DICE is amazing. Indeed, I do not NEED Commander mode...I NEED to not get hit almost 2 seconds after getting behind cover. That's your bang for the buck right there, because it keeps the customer coming back.

Anyway, this game is starting to click more for me now. Had an 18-8 match last night, using mainly Assault on Rogue Transmission. This is from a guy who's usually around .6 or so, so that felt pretty good.

TheSeks

Why bother saving them. Just keep using them till 110 despite it not being a double XP event. You will still have LOTS to use during the double xp. I wish you could give them away or use them on other players to reduce their xp gain.

Because I'm crazy and want to see how long it takes with natural progression to reach 100.

Also DAT NETCODE. That small bit right there from the linked video shows the issue. Goddamn, DICE. :/

Plus, what's up with Staff Shells? I see most people use them but I can't figure how they are better then a HMG mowing down troops.
Also, I see thermal > zoom for some?

I'm sure you've seen me using Staff Shells when we play together, I use them so I can go up against other tankers who also use them, that's my only reason. I honestly hope they nerf them in addition to the 25% damage nerf and take away the ability to machine gun it and the regular shell back to back really fast. That way I can use something else and not have to worry about being at a disadvantage against other armor. I use AP for my primary because it has the most splash damage and I can usually one shot infantry with it even if I miss them a little, which kind of makes up for my lack of a reliable secondary for infantry. I still use the Staff to finish off infantry from time to time, because it can be shot at them just like the primary.

Milennia

Anyone have tips on attachments for each weapon type?
Best set-up for the AR, LMG, and Carbine?

Or at least some kinda "Attachments for Dummies" explanation on the muzzled, barrels, stocks, grips etc..?
Tips on High ROF guns like the AEK or FAMAS?

Some multiple examples of your great builds on multiple guns would be great, I tend to switch guns/classes every round so more then 1 or 2 would be idea.

Plus, what's up with Staff Shells? I see most people use them but I can't figure how they are better then a HMG mowing down troops.
Also, I see thermal > zoom for some?

I know for a fact I never hip-fire, ADS is an addiction I can't break..even when I panic shoot I ADS first :/
When I use a PDW tho I tend to hip fire, part of me sees the little gun to be good for that, everything else and I'm conditioned to ADS every time like an unbreakable habit.

Search feature the thread, i have done multiple write ups on this subject in particular.
Regarding the weapon attatchments etc.

Me and Over racked up between us 30 ish kills on Altai on D tower. We were stuck in the little room part way up. The enemy team knew we were up there, but decided to come up those steps ONE BY ONE for 10 mins straight.

Dumbasses.

Shadybiz

Assault on a map like Rogue transmission?

Yeah I know it's weird. I love killing tanks and such, but I usually get myself killed in the process because I get overzealous. Or maybe I just tend to overlook infantry in the field while actively seeking vehicles. With Assault, for some reason, I'm more disciplined about staying with the squad (or at least the general fighting), not running in blindly to cap points, etc.

Milennia

Yeah I know it's weird. I love killing tanks and such, but I usually get myself killed in the process because I get overzealous. Or maybe I just tend to overlook infantry in the field while actively seeking vehicles. With Assault, for some reason, I'm more disciplined about staying with the squad (or at least the general fighting), not running in blindly to cap points, etc.

Its not weird in the slightest, I'm pushed to play assault on rogue transmission like 75% of the time.

Omni

Not particularly weird.

I only use assault on locker. Feel too vulnerable without the ability to at least take out one bit of armour like every other class can

TheSeks

Wow, that awful netcode. Point blank shoot someone and no hitmarkers. Guess that ping-time is true. FFS, DICE. :/

TheSeks

No shit, but this is the first time it's been TRULY awful. Generally it's tolerable minus the packetloss. Now I'm aiming directly at dudes, firing and no hitmarkers while they kill me in seconds flat. Terrible.

So what is the dmr gun and setup of choice for you guys?

SKS, BITCH.

4x A-COG (or whatever the Chevron is), Foregrip.

PEW PEW PEW.

No shit, but this is the first time it's been TRULY awful. Generally it's tolerable minus the packetloss. Now I'm aiming directly at dudes, firing and no hitmarkers while they kill me in seconds flat. Terrible.

SKS, BITCH.

PEW PEW PEW.

As someone who mained the SKS in BF3, I have to agree. DMRs just aren't as good in BF4. When I first started playing, the first unlock I went for was DMRs. I felt pretty disappointed when using the RFB. I stopped using them after I unlocked the MK11, but I should still unlock the SKS just for old time's sake.

I am consistently killed in a split second. I mean I ain't even mad if it was a FAMAS or some shit, but if I get killed from full hp to 0 (without getting headshot!) in a single fucking frame by a U-100 MK5, then something is clearly not working right.

Overdoziz

Banned
Why they use the sniper audio for DMRs I will never know. Always makes it sound like half a dozen snipers are shooting at you at the same time.

Chocobro

SKS, BITCH.

PEW PEW PEW.

I can agree with this. During the 2x exp weekend, as soon as I unlocked the SKS this happened: first game and second game.
And good lord, ACE 52 CQB on Hainan Resort Domination, that was my favorite match so far on BF4.
Sorry for the spam of battlereports.

What time does PC GAF usually play? I want to expand my horizon and play other game modes because all I play is domination :T I would very much appreciate it if some of you can add me. I'll see if I can fit in some games, my schedule has been pretty tight lately.

Shadybiz

Its not weird in the slightest, I'm pushed to play assault on rogue transmission like 75% of the time.

It's definitely growing on me. Had another decent couple of matches tonight; went 14-14 on Locker, with LOTS of healing and revives, which for me is pretty good.

Not particularly weird.

I only use assault on locker. Feel too vulnerable without the ability to at least take out one bit of armour like every other class can

Yeah Locker is definitely good for both Assault and Support. I hear you about the armor...it's against my nature to run away from it, but it's pretty much what I have to do as Assault. I'll spot them, hang back, and try to pick off any players that hop out to try to repair/sweep.

I just unlocked the FAMAS. Is that generally the choice over the AEK-971?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
My god... I can't do it.

I can't get kills with jets. This is ridiculous. How does anyone put up with this? Are there some sort of advanced techniques I'm missing?

I'll take the AEK over Famas anyday. The recoil and bullet patterns are much more reasonable on the AEK, and it has 5 more bullets per magazine. Famas kicks too much to the right.

TheSeks

I'll take the AEK over Famas anyday. The recoil and bullet patterns are much more reasonable on the AEK, and it has 5 more bullets per magazine. Famas kicks too much to the right.

FAMAS as per Faceless in BF3 (and it works in BF4):

Red-dot (since the iron-sights suck ass)
Foregrip
Heavy Barrel (IIRC)

Hip-fire the sumbitch. Cue dead men.

Ocho

ibjbhUfRlhSTIe.gif

The beauty of the sidearm swap double shot before my demise. So poetic. Magnificent. Bravo. 11/10

I now enjoy Operation Locker and Guilin Peaks. When is Metro coming out? Can't wait.

#ochothetacosnipermlgpewpewzz

TheSeks

Fuck that, when is Damavand Peak coming.

#BRINGBACKBASEJUMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom