• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Sure, but it benefits who? Premium getting it "early" would be such a stupid perk. They might as well make more dogtags if they're going to put something behind the Premium paywall at this point.
Is stupid with the paid expansions too... delaying people from giving them money for 2 weeks, bet a ton of those people bought all the expansions too

JJD

Great games today Olimpia, KahrMatri and Nostyle!

That server is soo good! Mixed vanilla and premium maps, people playing the objective! We didn't have a single easy game and still lost only one match!

Man playing with gaffers makes such a difference...I'm sick and tired of trying to cap flags alone! Thanks for joining guys!

That server is soo good! Mixed vanilla and premium maps, people playing the objective! We didn't have a single easy game and still lost only one match!

Man playing with gaffers makes such a difference...I'm sick and tired of trying to cap flags alone! Thanks for joining guys!

Yeah, I just resubbed to premium today. Was a bit rusty as I hadn't played in 3 months. My best game out of those was easily Paracel. I killed 3 dudes at B from D in the span of like 4 shots. There was another wave over there hopping to the island between B and C that I totally misfired on but I did spot em and they did get mowed down by someone. Guess there's room for improvement.

I enjoyed the mixed maps as well. Pretty sure that wasn't available back in mid-February when I stopped. I don't care for Hainan but I enjoy all the other maps we played.

Glad you had fun.

JJD

I had the most hilarious, fun and tense game a few minutes ago. We're playing Golmud and my team is steamrolling the other guys. The second time I get killed I noticed the mobile AA available and decided to chill a bit since we were having no problems. I stay between the D, F and G flag killing some guys and taking down choppers and I kill the same dude at least 4 times while they are trying to take D.

Suddenly one engineer starts throwing everything he's got at me including the RPG pick up on the hills between D and F (almost died from that one...the thing hits like a truck!). I back away and manage to kill him when he pops up to lock a javelin at me. It was the guy I killed 4 times.

From this death forward he and his whole squad start to hunt me down until the end of the game. I managed to kill him again when he tried to ram me with a jet and I couldn't resist and got out of the AA and teabag him. Man they went crazy after that! Ramming jets, jihad jeeps, parachuters out of chopers firing RPGs and for some time even the fucking mobile artillery all going after me (thank you to my teammates that tried to help and fix me)!

Man this was the most fun and tense BF game I had in a long time! I just didn't want to die and give then the satisfaction of finally killing me and get revenge! Obviously I went back close to my spawn but this "hunt" kept going until the end of the game. He was trying so hard to jihaad jeep me that he would suicide as soon as he saw that I dodged the jeep (that hill where the train tracks pass between the chinese spawn and G is great to maneuver and defend yourself!

Somehow my team managed to lose the game by 12 tickets after this whole thing started so this was a looong game. The guy went 3/34 by the time it was all over, I didn't die a single time after I got the mobile AA. I sent him a message congratulating him on his team victory and saying that I was sorry for the tbags (I did it a lot of times after the first one) and that it was just for fun, no hard feelings etc. I wonder if he will respond...

It's hilarious how much the anti AA gun pisses people off!

Glad you had fun.

Man you scared the crap out of me that time I was playing against you and Olimpia and you were running to my back trying to get my tags! If someone had not spotted you, you would have knifed me for sure!

I was paranoid with my back turned against walls for the whole game after that! Lol! :D

Mahonay

Banned
Holy crap. Had the exact same thing happen tonight playing on final stand. I thought my PS4 was dying when it wouldn't close the app. Never happened before.
At least they are doing server maintenance for all Battlefield games this afternoon. Hopefully weird shit like what happened to us gets cleared up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, yeah, while I'm remembering it and you're here JJD: That troll-option with the defibs: Worked like a charm.

Got my last 6 on the Sub in Operation Whiteout. Fast DPI + Mouse Speed = TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL people that were coming up the ladder. It was only when TWO of them attempted to come up from different ladders that they got me.

If you have not heard, Venice Unleashed (BF3 Mod) has an open weekend ongoing at the moment. Played a couple of games and damn, it feels like this is what BF3 should have been like from day one. More info here on how to sign up: http://forums.veniceunleashed.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7691

Spectator Mode
The spectator mode allows you to join a server as a spectator instead of as a player. You can roam around the map freely or follow a player in 1st or 3rd person, which makes detecting cheaters and filming cinematics much easier than it was before. Read more about the spectator mode here.

Holy shit. I knew "Battlerecorder" was in/prototyped in BF3 but they were prototyping Spectator in BF3?

Interesting. Netcode writeup for BF3.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

I get no love? Haven't randomly run into gaffers playing solo in a while and we had some good games.

upgrading my PS4 to 2TB, then i'll throw the 500GB into my PS3 :)

and man, vehicle destroys with the railgun are so NNOYIN to try and get

i feel like i need to camp snowmobile spawns

TheSeks

Eh, the stationary one that's only in those maps seems worse. Thing is pretty shitty.

TheSeks

So checked that "mod" out. It's kinda interesting. The spectator mode is similar to BF4's but VERY ALPHA. There's no camera switching and UI for it. Otherwise you can spectate in first person view and it works. It even has a specatator color a la BF4's black text-chat color.

120Hz is LOL. I nailed a helicopter in the tank with a tankshell in two seconds flat. It was damn near an instant shot.

NO BLUE FILTER DOE. I had to do a double-take on that because the game still looks pretty good, but it definitely gets a "new coat of paint" with the filter off.

I'll wait to see when their Frostbite editor happens for the sake of messing about with the map. But if I get Origin banned, I blame you Junior.

Valkrai

Having some weird issues when I'm playing BF4. The game seems to crash now with DirectX errors being hung up. I'm on a GTX 760 with the 350.12 drivers, anyone having these issues or know how to help?

Edit: So far it's only happening with BF4 and CTE. Not having that issue with other games.

TheSeks

nah, that's way more manageable. always available an only takes 1 shot to get a kill.

No way man. It takes like 2-3 "KRA-CHAK"s for me actually get a kill with it. Maybe they lowered the PC damage or something, but it's pretty bad.
Not like I'll ever get these done since non-Conquest servers don't run the DLC maps.

Having some weird issues when I'm playing BF4. The game seems to crash now with DirectX errors being hung up. I'm on a GTX 760 with the 350.12 drivers, anyone having these issues or know how to help?

Edit: So far it's only happening with BF4 and CTE. Not having that issue with other games.

Reinstall DirectX (via the BF4 folder). Something in the Nvidia drivers fucked up and EA don't care.

I had that a few months ago. You pretty much keep reinstalling DirectX until it either corrects itself or goes away. :/

JJD

I get no love? Haven't randomly run into gaffers playing solo in a while and we had some good games.

Man I'm sorry! I saw two guys I didn't recognize with a GAF tag on some games but I didn't know if they were from NeoGaf or some other clan! Back in BF3 there were a couple of GAF clans unrelated to the forum including one from the german air force and even a gay clan! Lol!

Do you mind if I send you a friend invite? What's your PSN ID?

Again apologies for anything! ;-)

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Man I'm sorry! I saw two guys I didn't recognize with a GAF tag on some games but I didn't know if they were from NeoGaf or some other clan! Back in BF3 there were a couple of GAF clans unrelated to the forum including one from the german air force and even a gay clan! Lol!

Do you mind if I send you a friend invite? What's your PSN ID?

Again apologies for anything! ;-)
Dude, I was just joking around, it's fine. I sent you a request a little earlier

Valkrai

No way man. It takes like 2-3 "KRA-CHAK"s for me actually get a kill with it. Maybe they lowered the PC damage or something, but it's pretty bad.
Not like I'll ever get these done since non-Conquest servers don't run the DLC maps.

Reinstall DirectX (via the BF4 folder). Something in the Nvidia drivers fucked up and EA don't care.

I had that a few months ago. You pretty much keep reinstalling DirectX until it either corrects itself or goes away. :/

Did that and it worked, thanks! Was worried something was wrong with my PC and dying.

Donos

I have the feeling that i can never shake off a pursuer when in a jet. What is a god tactic beside flying low trough/besides obstacles?

Getting better with helis (playing only goldmud 24/7server atm). So much easier to play them with controller instead with kb/m (BF3 PC).

patchday

If you recall, a few posts above I decided to buy premium edition.

Man this game is so much fun.

Question: I wonder how I can get inside of a jet? Never see them spawn

Finally got inside a helicopter but got blown up immediately by hostiles :(

Donos

If you recall, a few posts above I decided to buy premium edition.

Man this game is so much fun.

Question: I wonder how I can get inside of a jet? Never see them spawn

They get picked up really fast (from the respawn battle map). Search for 0/64 servers to practise a bit with them.

What zone are you, NA or EU? If you are EU, add me. Psn: donos_de (GMT +1).

TheSeks

You have to play keep away with the helicopters in BF4. It isn't like BF3 where you can flare and then KEKEKEKEKE stay in an area for a few seconds to rain hell. Once those flares pop, I can relock you as soon as you clear the "smoke" which clears in a few seconds.

patchday

Oh, I didn't even manage to take off. Soon as I sat inside the cockpit of the chopper some hostile blew me up. Will have to try in an empty map

Yeah I'm NA time zone (psn: sandboxgod). Will have to send you an invite next time I logon just in case we're on at sametime. I'm ahead of you a few hours (gmt +5)

Donos

Oh, I didn't even manage to take off. Soon as I sat inside the cockpit of the chopper some hostile blew me up. Will have to try in an empty map

Yeah I'm NA time zone (psn: sandboxgod). Will have to send you an invite next time I logon just in case we're on at sametime. I'm ahead of you a few hours (gmt +5)

Probably not worth. Servers which show a good connection for you are probably bad for me.

Matty8787

Does anybody know a way around the rubberbanding? It is killing any enjoyment I get from this game. I can go hours without and then a full day where I cannot play without it seemingly throwing my character back 10 paces everytime I walk.

Playing on PC btw.

Mahonay

Banned
I just had one of my best games of BF4 ever, going 58 and 5. Albeit against a somewhat scrub team. Been really using smoke grenades a lot more lately which have been clutch at keeping me alive running across open areas, and getting some easy flanks. Running up and tossing C4 into the smoke at unsuspecting enemies is always good for a laugh. Took out a couple of Attack Boats with jet-skis and RHIBs laden with C4, also pretty hilarious. I play like a dickhead but it's fun.

Here's the Battle Report
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/598973098357146560/935391053/

patchday

Does anybody know a way around the rubberbanding? It is killing any enjoyment I get from this game. I can go hours without and then a full day where I cannot play without it seemingly throwing my character back 10 paces everytime I walk.

Playing on PC btw.

ah that's what is going on. Been seeing that on ps4 sometimes

TheSeks

There's no way around it besides check your net connection (use the NetworkPerOverlay.drawgraph 1) and seeing your latency and spikes. If it happens often in a server, it's more than likely the shitty server providers BF4 has. If it's in ALL other servers, it's more than likely your connection. Depending on packetloss/etc. in the graphs.

Quick Q:

Given I buy Premium on PS3 without owning the game, do I have Premium on PS4? Would be a way of saving 10 bucks. (I could also buy the Premium Edition for the same price, but it would be kinda pointless, as I wouldn't play it on PS3 anyways)

TheSeks

Quick Q:

Given I buy Premium on PS3 without owning the game, do I have Premium on PS4? Would be a way of saving 10 bucks. (I could also buy the Premium Edition for the same price, but it would be kinda pointless, as I wouldn't play it on PS3 anyways)

I dunno if it's changed, but if Premium is a redeem code and you're using the same account on PS4: Yes. If you're using a different account on PS4 or Premium is disc-based, no.

Though I doubt it's disc-based.

I could also go for the Premium Edition and DL it to my PS3 just to be save (it's the same price anyways) but I wouldn't waste no 15 bucks. It's pointless though, but that's the way I'll go
(no risk is fun)

Lulu23

EA would never make Premium disc based. Although it'd make me very happy otherwise, the Premium Edition is just regular BF4 with a code for Premium in the box.

I read a couple pages back that some people did the same thing: buy Premium for PS3 cheaper, play it on PS4 using the same account.
Also, I don't think that it's a limited time offer like carrying over BF4 vanilla to PS4 for 10€/$ was, so I'd say go for it.

JJD

In the Spring Patch, we have also revamped the damage, falloff and suppression model. With this pass, we’ve touched every single weapon in the game – and how they play.

Our goal has been to create distinct roles for the weapon classes, and award skill of the player through increased recoil and by bringing back the 2-bullet headshot!

Oh God, I don't mind more recoil, but I hope they haven't turned BF4 into Hardline where someone sneezes at your direction and you're dead.

EA would never make Premium disc based. Although it'd make me very happy otherwise, the Premium Edition is just regular BF4 with a code for Premium in the box.

I read a couple pages back that some people did the same thing: buy Premium for PS3 cheaper, play it on PS4 using the same account.
Also, I don't think that it's a limited time offer like carrying over BF4 vanilla to PS4 for 10€/$ was, so I'd say go for it.

it actually was a limited time offer that they discontinued for a few weeks/months but they brought it back indefinitely after complaints from people that thought there was no time limit.

TheSeks

Oh God, I don't mind more recoil, but I hope they haven't turned BF4 into Hardline where someone sneezes at your direction and you're dead.

They haven't from what I've been following.

The major and (IMO) best improvement is changing the suppression system. Now it works like it should've/intended: Long-distance suppression = suppression. Close-range CQC combat misses = no bending bullets.

JJD

They haven't from what I've been following.

The major and (IMO) best improvement is changing the suppression system. Now it works like it should've/intended: Long-distance suppression = suppression. Close-range CQC combat misses = no bending bullets.

That's good to hear!

Honestly, bringing back a 2-shot headshot sounds way worse. WAY WORSE.

Headshots should always be a one hit kill, always.

Also I hate that it seems like there aren't that many quality hardcore servers on PC running all the DLC. Honestly, the stock maps are absolute garbage and I love all the DLC maps.

Donos

The supression system in BF4 already feels way more subtle than in BF3 for me. Harassed people to death in BF3 with good old Pecheneg and bipod. By far most kills and hours played with that gun, .

Still have to break free from using only MK11 and try SKS and SCAR in BF4.

Keasar

Is supression going to be improved or? Cause during some plays lately I feel like people aim straight back at me and just kills me even though I am laying down some really heavy fire onto them with a LMG.

TheSeks

Hopefully. A good majority of premium players download it on the bone. Otherwise pointless.

Probably be the same as PC: Be populated for a week and then nose dive until 0 population until "BIG PATCH TIME" then it's populated for a few days and then back to 0. :/ At least ya'll won't have to deal with the Battlelog plugin mismatch between Live and CTE that some people are having currently.

Top Bottom