• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Omni

I was hit by a cruise missile while in the little bird the other day. No idea if it was a stroke of luck on the Commander's part or if he was actually aiming for me, but god damn was I surprised haha. Wasn't even in the action at that point (was flying away from stingers)

antonz

bah game is making me so mad. Load a multiplayer map it loads and starts to appear than whole screen goes white and it more or less crashes. apparently related to mantle im hearing

This video is incredible and really shows how broken this game is: http://youtu.be/8C0COfAHHf0

DICE and EA should really be ashamed of themselves. I was thinking about making a topic of said video, you guys think that's a good idea? I know that it's pretty much common knowledge by now - how broken BF4 is - but maybe people don't understand in what way.

Completely unnaceptable. What's even worse is that people are buying the fucking DLC and Premium shit.

1472.gif

Just popped in the game for the first time in about a month and a half. God damn the lag. Jesus. It's way worse than I remember it being when I first played. It's almost unplayable.

:( DICE.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I tried making this into a GIF, but it's too long, so here's a silent video instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjgljhiNvA&feature=youtu.be

It's not gameplay footage, just an idea that popped into my head. If one of you guys can take something this long and make it into a gif big enough that you can still read the text, that would be awesome.

Otherwise, enjoy.

I laughed. "STILL FUN THO"

Yeah, I can't just talk poo about a game when it's the only thing on my PS4 that I really play (and I've got 6-7 games)

SJS

Hey BF-Gaf. I jumped into this game on my PS4 a month ago. I got very frustrated with how COD declined after WaW got shit talked and didn't have much to play on my PS4, so with extremely limited BF experience, I plunged into this series. This was the best PS4-related decision I've made so far.

I've played solo to get acclimated to the mechanics (and absolutely horrible pub teammates), and I think I'm now presentable as a player. Add me so that we can bond over complaining about this game and inflating our stats through extended squadding.

PSN: ThreeBarHero

Well I blame it on growing up with Halo and CoD, but I have no mental model for how I am supposed to benefit of using a server browser.

So I gave it a go, ticked Official, East US and Normal (Europe had all poor connections even though I'm UK). Picked a server from the list that was playing China Rising and had a slot or two open. Everyone seemed pretty high level (100+, I'm 22). Still got a few decent games. Small map domination is actually super fun.

However I am not entirely sure if I appreciate how this experience is preferable to simply adding the DLC maps to Quick Match rotation, or what makes it horrible.

I find this pretty annoying. Just mix the damn DLC into the damn rotation. If I find a solid server that's not laggy and is evenly matched, I'd like to stay in it and be able to rotate through DLC and original maps. I hate switching servers all the time because I always end up in shitty matches where my team wins or loses by 400+ tickets.

What happens when all DLC is released ? Does each DLC pack have its own rotation or will they at least mix them all together ?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
In the last week the sound loop crashes have returned with a vengeance. I went a long time without any. Has anything changed lately? Anyone else experiencing this?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Matchmaking is going to find the FASTEST server to put you into. Those will be vanilla/no DLC only.

Again: If you want to find what you're looking for, USE THE BROWSER. You want to play Oman 24/7? Find a server that is playing it and load into it. Yes, the loading sucks. But you MAY find an Oman 24/7 server, then favorite that and join it whenever you want to play Oman 24/7.

This video is incredible and really shows how broken this game is: http://youtu.be/8C0COfAHHf0

DICE and EA should really be ashamed of themselves. I was thinking about making a topic of said video, you guys think that's a good idea? I know that it's pretty much common knowledge by now - how broken BF4 is - but maybe people don't understand in what way.

Completely unnaceptable. What's even worse is that people are buying the fucking DLC and Premium shit.

I played today for the first time in a couple weeks. These insta kills are terrible. There were a few times where my kill-screen came up before I even got shot. What the hell is this ?

Maddocks

worst thing this game ever did was change the 1hp to 0hp. If I die 10 times in a match, 7 deaths will show 0hp. so annoying.

TheSeks

Negative KDR today. :( Held my own some rounds, and won most with like -3/-7. D: At least we won though with me commander-quarterbacking with no commanders online.

I just realized that I have never seen a single China Rising map on PS4 quick match rotation since I bought the dlc. What gives?

After you select the gametype in quick match, does it then have you select the base maps or expansion?

They changed it to this on the X1, I'd assumed they'd done the same on the PS4.

jay23

For those of you on the X1, does BF4 use the rumble triggers?

just recently got my system and wanna know if my controller is messed up.

ChrisW

So bought premium last night, I found out that to have a second psn account be able to use the maps and be premium also, they need to share an origin account, in sure ours are different.

I wake up this morning to see my step son had been made a premium member and is able to unlock all the battle packs etc, but...when he tries to play the CR maps it says "£11.99" instead of "Free" or just starting (I downloaded them through the night) this is slightly confusing, I guess it's a nice bonus that he's a premium member also, but a bit of a pain about the maps.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Dries

Do any PC players know how to correct the bug that keeps telling you to close down BF4 in the Task Manager when switching servers?

Omni

So bought premium last night, I found out that to have a second psn account be able to use the maps and be premium also, they need to share an origin account, in sure ours are different.

I wake up this morning to see my step son had been made a premium member and is able to unlock all the battle packs etc, but...when he tries to play the CR maps it says "£11.99" instead of "Free" or just starting (I downloaded them through the night) this is slightly confusing, I guess it's a nice bonus that he's a premium member also, but a bit of a pain about the maps.

Anyone else had this happen to them?
Probably a silly question... But is this the same console?

terrible

Banned
I can play all the DLC maps fine with my other accounts on my PS4 so it's definitely possible. They all have different Origin accounts linked to them too and it still works.

terrible

Banned
Strange, I'll have a look now to make sure they've downloaded.

The only thing that might be throwing this off is that I got the CR maps using the code that came with the game before I got Premium. Maybe that code works differently than just Premium on its own. I'd be really disappointed if that's the case since I have different accounts for different people on my PS4. I don't want everyone using my account just to play the maps haha.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My first Battlefield. Tips on how to fly helicopters? I can't pilot them worth for shit lol. I did the training mode and I can't get the hang of it lol.

I tried making this into a GIF, but it's too long, so here's a silent video instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjgljhiNvA&feature=youtu.be

It's not gameplay footage, just an idea that popped into my head. If one of you guys can take something this long and make it into a gif big enough that you can still read the text, that would be awesome.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Yeah, I can't just talk poo about a game when it's the only thing on my PS4 that I really play (and I've got 6-7 games)

Brilliant, dead at 'like Skyrim'.

My first Battlefield. Tips on how to fly helicopters? I can't pilot them worth for shit lol. I did the training mode and I can't get the hang of it lol.

Best to go to the training ground to learn. I'm still learning myself, but it seems like it's about how you tilt the helicopter and how you turn it.

Does anyone else with an nVidia card suffer frame drops all the time? I stopped playing a while ago because of the issue and now about a month later, maybe more I tried to give the game ago again just now and it is still there.

SLI GTX570
Windows 8.1
Latest nVidia drivers.

TheSeks

Stay in Testing Range.

Use a controller.

Left stick: Lean/Yaw. Right stick: Pitch/Nose-up-down.

If I remember right. Top indicator on the HUD is your "lean" correct that with the RIGHT stick's left and right while turning with the left stick for your (the helicopters) turning/position.

It's really hard to explain but once you understand that lean and inertia system the rest of the flying of helicopters follows.

Stay in Testing Range.

Use a controller.

Left stick: Lean/Yaw. Right stick: Pitch/Nose-up-down.

If I remember right. Top indicator on the HUD is your "lean" correct that with the RIGHT stick's left and right while turning with the left stick for your (the helicopters) turning/position.

It's really hard to explain but once you understand that lean and inertia system the rest of the flying of helicopters follows.

With veteran controls, right? I was ok flying in BF3, and the veteran layout for aircraft is the closest to BF3 controls.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This servers instead of quick match thing is amazing!

After switching I have had 8 straight losses, a feat I have never accomplished in quick match. I will give it another 8 matches.

I haven't played a ton of BF4 until this weekend. I wanted to take advantage of the double XP so I played the entire day yesterday. I also have not been keeping up with BF4's problems. I am aware of them but didn't care enough to see what the fuss was.

This video explains a lot of my "what the fuck" moments and the frustrations I was having. So many times I was getting killed while I was behind cover. Even if I was running to cover and got hit one time I would continue to take damage while I was behind giant walls or crates or rocks. Plus..the lag on Conquest (PS4) is atrocious.

The part that is even more annoying is my inability to just turn the game off and stop playing. During the hours I played I have so many fuck this game moments and then one BF Moment. And I use that moment as an excuse to play this broken shit. Fuck you DICE, I love you DICE.

Paganmoon

bah game is making me so mad. Load a multiplayer map it loads and starts to appear than whole screen goes white and it more or less crashes. apparently related to mantle im hearing

Run DirectX 11 Graphics API, and run 13.12 AMD drivers, fixed most my crashes since the mantel patch, well until 13th of February patch that makes Locker, Paracel storm and dawnbreaker unplayable.

Do any PC players know how to correct the bug that keeps telling you to close down BF4 in the Task Manager when switching servers?

Just ignore it, I get that every now and then, and after a few seconds the message disappears and the game launches. I also get "you need to install battlelog plugin" everytime I start the game, which also disappears after a few seconds. I guess it's not only their servers that are lagging...

ChrisW

So I found out the reason my step son couldn't share the maps with me was that the download stopped in the night due to an error, started it up again and it's working now

I bought the game!e yesterday on the ps4 and am loving it so far. As someone new to shooters and feeling ovetwhelmed, I was wondering: Would a strategy guide help me figure things out or are they a waste?

I'd also love to play with smw friendly/fun people. Feel free to add me (whiskeyblues)

I bought the game!e yesterday on the ps4 and am loving it so far. As someone new to shooters and feeling ovetwhelmed, I was wondering: Would a strategy guide help me figure things out or are they a waste?

I'd also love to play with smw friendly/fun people. Feel free to add me (whiskeyblues)

Add Overdoziz and ElarTheBam
Veterans of Battlefield and they can show you the ropes

Megasoum

Banned
That sound loop crash in Dawnbreaker/Locker/Paracel is really pissing me off. Makes the game pretty much unplayable since those maps (especially Paracel and Locker) are in every server rotations.

Paganmoon

That sound loop crash in Dawnbreaker/Locker/Paracel is really pissing me off. Makes the game pretty much unplayable since those maps (especially Paracel and Locker) are in every server rotations.

I've started playing on singlemap servers or votemap servers now, usually most people don't votemap, and if my friends are playing aswell, we usually get to select the next map, making sure it never is one of those three.

Still annoying as hell, cause Paracel is a great map imo.

Top Bottom