• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't own a PS3 last generation, and would definitely grab a PS4 this generation when some more games come out. But seriously, how have they not figured out how to fix that stuff by now?

The PS4 OS was not ready at all. That is why a launch day patch was needed and features that were present on the PS3 are missing.

Not multi, but once you've had the save data corruption error, is it safe to start a new game and play through or is it something that can strike multiple times?
It can happen again...back up your saves to a flash drive or cloud to be sure, but booting the game logged out of PSN seems to be a reliable way of not getting the corrupt save issue.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The PS4 OS was not ready at all. That is why a launch day patch was needed and features that were present on the PS3 are missing.
To be fair, both consoles have launch day patches.

Devs are working until the last minute in both cases. Hardware has to start being manufactured much to early for the SW deadlines.

Jtrizzy

yeah the issues are annoying, but I can tell the core of the game is really good and I will be playing it for some time. I do wish it were 1080p, but DICE deserve props for targeting 60 for this game. KZ4 is killing me at 30. I think I'm done with purchasing 30 fps games.

Defunkled

Is there really no fucking way to play with my friends on PS4? My friend and I are trying to find a server but can't. I cannot believe they removed the ability to squad up before a round. Please help, GAF!

Mikey Jr.

I have more than enough games to play for a while.

I'm going to let EA sort their shit out before I jump back into that game.

I don't think anyone had any idea how popular the PS4 or Battlefield 4 would be. I think already high expectations were exceeded and that is why some of the network issues exist. Toss in DICE 's usual issues and we have the chocolate cake with shit frosting we have before us today.

SpudBud

Just got done playing some great rush matches and then bam, save file becomes corrupt and it boots me out. Fix your fucking game Dice.

Anyway It was great when it was working.

Definity

I give up. Every other time I start the game up now (PS4) it blue screens and complains about corrupt profiles and the only game mode I can get to work is death match. Even when I do get in a game it goes maybe 5 - 10 minutes and then it locks up hard.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Any word from EA when they'll be fixing this yet? Or are they currently working on it?

dengatron

If you join a game that isnt population capped and then invite friends to join via battlelog, they'll normally get put in the same squad as you. at least it worked that way for me all yesterday

Shadybiz

Been asking this. There no way apparently.

I think you're right. They released a SQUAD based multiplayer game, with no way to party up with friends before a match. It's insane. At least BF3 had the option there, even though it didn't work 75% of the time (I'm not exaggerating).

Meanwhile, the party system in BF:BC2 worked pretty much flawlessly. I'm no programmer, but shouldn't this be basically cut and paste??

I don't think anyone had any idea how popular the PS4 or Battlefield 4 would be. I think already high expectations were exceeded and that is why some of the network issues exist. Toss in DICE 's usual issues and we have the chocolate cake with shit frosting we have before us today.

the last time i checked BF4 had 20K thumbs up and Killzone had 10K. granted that was mid day yesterday. haven't checked today. but i think you can also thumb up on different console even if you log into same account. but i may be wrong if it adds it up and i doubt many are doing that anyways.

see5harp

I think you're right. They released a SQUAD based multiplayer game, with no way to party up with friends before a match. It's insane. At least BF3 had the option there, even though it didn't work 75% of the time (I'm not exaggerating).

Meanwhile, the party system in BF:BC2 worked pretty much flawlessly. I'm no programmer, but shouldn't this be basically cut and paste??

Glad I gameflyed this piece of shit. Granted, the 3 games I have played since this morning have been awesome. I don't buy shooters to play with randoms though. The idea that games would split people parties up last gen was unacceptable. Shipping now without basic parties is like going back two generations.

Shadybiz

Glad I gameflyed this piece of shit. Granted, the 3 games I have played since this morning have been awesome. I don't buy shooters to play with randoms though. The idea that games would split people parties up last gen was unacceptable. Shipping now without basic parties is like going back two generations.

Yeah, I mean if you're the type who usually games alone, sure it's great..no need to worry about this stuff. But, I have a regular Thursday online game night with a couple of friends, so it's important that the game we play has a good matchmaking/party system.

BF3 frustrated us to no end in this regard. I'm not a CoD fanboy...I love the idea of Battlefield. It's so much fun when it works. However, we were driven to all buy Blops2 when it came out, because of the simple fact that the party system works basically 99% of the time, even with 6 people in the party.

I don't know how one company can get it so right, and the other one could fuck it up so badly.

Maybe they should just port BFBC2 to the PS4. I'm pretty sure I'll hop on it.

see5harp

Yeah, I mean if you're the type who usually games alone, sure it's great..no need to worry about this stuff. But, I have a regular Thursday online game night with a couple of friends, so it's important that the game we play has a good matchmaking/party system.

BF3 frustrated us to no end in this regard. I'm not a CoD fanboy...I love the idea of Battlefield. It's so much fun when it works. However, we were driven to all buy Blops2 when it came out, because of the simple fact that the party system works basically 99% of the time, even with 6 people in the party.

I don't know how one company can get it so right, and the other one could fuck it up so badly.

Part of it was obviously the way their server setup is. Because early ps3 games like Warhawk had a lot of issues figuring out how to combine matchmaking and party systems. As vanilla and tried and true COD has become, they really figured things out with cod4 and a game that just works however laggy is still a game that works. As if get older those dedicated nights have become more and more rare. This won't damn the game forever but if there are not parties I'm surely not buying this game for ps4 or Xbox one. I already have a few friends who we're thinking about bf4 on xboxone but at this point I'm going to warn them to wait.

DoomGyver

After reading through some of these issues you guys are having, I'm going to play my other PS4 games before I even unwrap my copy of BF4.

Chaplain

Yeah, I really wanted to play with the old gang too. Gives them time to pick up the PS4 and the game I guess.

Tell them to wait until a few patches have been released. The game is currently not working as a finished retail game and should have failed certification in it's current state.

After reading through some of these issues you guys are having, I'm going to play my other PS4 games before I even unwrap my copy of BF4.

I won't be getting my copy for at least another week so hopefully the worst of this stuff is ironed out in the next few days.

Enjoying the crap out of Killzone 'til then.

SpudBud

Great now i'm getting the error every time I boot the game. Even after deleting the save file. I'm just gonna have to delete and re-install it.

Shadybiz

Part of it was obviously the way their server setup is. Because early ps3 games like Warhawk had a lot of issues figuring out how to combine matchmaking and party systems. As vanilla and tried and true COD has become, they really figured things out with cod4 and a game that just works however laggy is still a game that works. As if get older those dedicated nights have become more and more rare. This won't damn the game forever but if there are not parties I'm surely not buying this game for ps4 or Xbox one. I already have a few friends who we're thinking about bf4 on xboxone but at this point I'm going to warn them to wait.

Yes, I think the P2P system on CoD might play into how the ease of forming a party works (again, not a programmer, so I don't really know). CoD is definitely laggy at times...sometimes it works to our benefit..sometimes it doesn't. I'm an "average" player, but at times, I would go 20-5, and at other times, the exact opposite, and I KNOW that this was due to lag either being on our side or against, but either way, we were having fun, because we were all together.

Shit...even BF1943, a $15 PSN/XBLA title, had a coherent party system. The VOIP was crap, but we could all get on Skype together, and still be in the same game. With BF3, and apparently BF4, we can't even do that.

I have BF4 sitting on my kitchen table. I don't have a PS4 yet, but I'm getting one as soon as possible. I know that the parties are going to be an issue, but yet I still bought it, because I know that when we do actually get together in a party (by an act of god), we'll have fun. ...partoftheproblem.

Just adding my name to the list of people who have lost their save file, and keep getting error messages up the ass. Like this game so much, though. Get it together, Dice!

I just want to play Conquest. Rush is the only thing that works, and with insanely tough getting together with friends and disconnects, it isn't alright. Still so damn fun though I love this game... I just want it to work :(

Greecian-

Whenever I'm playing this and I double tap the PS button to check a message or whatever, when I go back into BF, my controller no longer works. The game isn't frozen or anything, my controller just stops working (except for the share button).

Wow this sounds like a mess. All my BF friends are going to xbox one so that is where I'll be picking it up on Friday. Should I be expecting this type of stuff or is this PS4 specific?

Wow this sounds like a mess. All my BF friends are going to xbox one so that is where I'll be picking it up on Friday. Should I be expecting this type of stuff or is this PS4 specific?

Hard to tell but given the PC version seems to suffer from problems too I'd say EA are just fucking up all around.

Top Bottom