• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

B_Boss

I think it makes sense. It can be seen as a 'community' type input topic. Given the title of the topic it seems as though its for reporting purposes, etc. Thats hardly "newsworthy".

Why is this in community? Doesn't make any sense.
We're all sharing our pain together.

And speaking of which, I just lost my campaign data, again, just now. I quit out of out it a few hours ago and played multiplayer - no crashes - just a fuckton of Rush and Team Deathmatch. Pop up campaign to maybe finish it off and its asking me to start over again.

This is the third time now.

We're all sharing our pain together.

And speaking of which, I just lost my campaign data, again, just now. I quit out of out it a few hours ago and played multiplayer - no crashes - just a fuckton of Rush and Team Deathmatch. Pop up campaign to maybe finish it off and its asking me to start over again.

This is the third time now.

I played the SP campaign with my internet connection disabled and got all of the SP trophies over the course of 3 days, with nightly save backups to USB stick. Had 4 SP crashes during that time but my save file was never affected. I now have my finalised SP save file saved to USB stick and have re-enabled my internet connection. No issues so far but it's nice to have that backup.

I recommend anyone playing the SP not launch BF4 at all unless their PS4 internet connection is disabled. If you need it for other things then wait until you've completely closed down BF4 before re-enabling your PS4 internet connection. That worked for me anyway.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Had about 4 hours of non-crashing multiplayer last night. Today I played about 3 hours of the single player campaign, then played two matches of multiplayer.

During the map switch after my second game it crashed.

Oh dear god no. Reloaded the game, and sure enough, my single player game save was corrupted again.

I just... why can't they fix this? How hard is it to maintain a single player game state?

Seriously... games have been saving game state reliably since what, 1974?

Here we are, 40 years later, and these guys can't figure out how to save a game correctly after releasing it almost three months ago? Absolutely pathetic.

EDIT: Is there a more recent thread on the non-community forum about this game's problems? I can't find it...

Or have we just decided that this game is a lost cause and we just bitch about it here?

YuShtink

Now it seems I can't load any of the multiplayer maps, just sits there loading forever. How is this getting worse? I physically can't even play the damn game, this is outrageous.

Still waiting for the all clear from this thread to start playing this game on my not-yet-used PS4. Seems like I'll be waiting awhile...

txag2005

Banned
Are people still losing their single player saves? I haven't touched BF4 since late November hoping some of this stuff would be fixed by now.

Alienous

I've utterly cracked this game.

I just needed to master the shooting game. Tips for anyone struggling:

• You need to know, and abide by, your effective ranges.
  • If you want to take out a long range target, switching to single shot or semi-automatic firing modes allows you to stay competitive.
  • Burst-firing is important for mid-long rang targets.
  • I feel like the perfect sensitivity for all engagements is 33.
  • Grips are important, but if you don't have one, remember to push against recoil by trying to look down whilst firing. This keeps your bullets level.
  • If you are still struggling with accuracy, stand still. Having played a lot of Call of Duty, I completely neglected the fact that there is a penalty for moving while shooting. If you see a target, stop, take them down, then move. In 1-on-1 fights, this is imperative.

At about the 20 hour mark I started to realize the tactics I was employing, and I started to consistently top the leaderboards.

Game works great now.

jsip

Banned
I've utterly cracked this game.

I just needed to master the shooting game. Tips for anyone struggling:

• You need to know, and abide by, your effective ranges.
  • If you want to take out a long range target, switching to single shot or semi-automatic firing modes allows you to stay competitive.
  • Burst-firing is important for mid-long rang targets.
  • I feel like the perfect sensitivity for all engagements is 33.
  • Grips are important, but if you don't have one, remember to push against recoil by trying to look down whilst firing. This keeps your bullets level.
  • If you are still struggling with accuracy, stand still. Having played a lot of Call of Duty, I completely neglected the fact that there is a penalty for moving while shooting. If you see a target, stop, take them down, then move. In 1-on-1 fights, this is imperative.

At about the 20 hour mark I started to realize the tactics I was employing, and I started to consistently top the leaderboards.
Wrong thread? *checks title* Yep. Wrong thread.

Kimppis

Finally managed to beat the campaign. The first half of the second last level was annoying as fuck btw. I used two USB sticks as a backup. After every single level, I stopped playing and backed up my save. During the campaign I lost my savefile twice, before I started using backups.

It just blows my mind how they are somehow unable to get the campaign savefiles to work. The fact that I had to stop playing after every level (just in case) and game still crashed randomly every now and then -> some next-gen right there.

Finally managed to beat the campaign. The first half of the second last level was annoying as fuck btw. I used two USB sticks as a backup. After every single level, I stopped playing and backed up my save. During the campaign I lost my savefile twice, before I started using backups.

It just blows my mind how they are somehow unable to get the campaign savefiles to work. The fact that I had to stop playing after every level (just in case) and game still crashed randomly every now and then -> some next-gen right there.

and the icing on the cake was the shitty ending that had no impact what so ever.

Shadybiz

Man, rubberbanding on Zavod and Lancing was atrocious tonight. It's usually present for the Dam, but I had never really encountered it on Zavod until now. Like wicked bad.

I was playing the game fine this afternoon and tonight I turn it on, and the game wont load. The PS4 boots the game, and then it doesn't load the menu, it just goes through the opening cinematic, and then rains and keeps loading. The menu never shows up.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Prologue

I was playing the game fine this afternoon and tonight I turn it on, and the game wont load. The PS4 boots the game, and then it doesn't load the menu, it just goes through the opening cinematic, and then rains and keeps loading. The menu never shows up.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Dartastic

Couldn't even get to the main screen. Quit. Restarted. Got to the title screen. Played a match. Won. Now I can't get back to the title screen again. Goddamnit what the duck. AAAARGH

Mayyhem

I literally have not been able to play a game the passed 3 days on Xbox One. On the off chance I put up with 40 mins of attempting to and get into a game, it lags...

Had BF4 since launch and finally played it for the first time today because Killzone was lagging like crazy. I didn't get booted once and had a good time in conquest. I am slowly leveling an engineer and support (I want a shotgun). I'm sad to hear about single player all being borked up, but at least multiplayer is playable.

Had BF4 since launch and finally played it for the first time today because Killzone was lagging like crazy. I didn't get booted once and had a good time in conquest. I am slowly leveling an engineer and support (I want a shotgun). I'm sad to hear about single player all being borked up, but at least multiplayer is playable.

SP is playable. you just need to save your game to a USB stick after a play session.

SP is playable. you just need to save your game to a USB stick after a play session.
Make sure your internet connection is disabled before launching BF4 if you're going to play the SP, and don't re-enable it until you've closed BF4. That worked wonders for me. The save file corruption issue seems to be related to Battlelog integration. And then do the USB save file backup after every session as well.

Ummm what the fuck. Just booted up BF4 and I've noticed that all my unlocks are gone, all progress back to zero except for my rank and the equipment my character already had on... Please tell me this is a temporary issue?

Xizor14_

Neo Member
So I wanted to separate this out from the OT because I assume this is PS4 specific stuff.

Is it true there is only one available conquest server? I see a bunch of conquest servers with 0/64 players and only 1 that is joinable and constantly full.

What the hell is going on?

This is janky as hell.
Usually I don't have Conquest issues, but then again I play really late at night when the load might be not as heavy. EA servers, man.

WTF new issue is I lost all my gun progress and unlocks. Engineer only unlocked gun is MX4. I'm getting seriously tired of this shit.

Anyone else get this problem?

Milennia

WTF new issue is I lost all my gun progress and unlocks. Engineer only unlocked gun is MX4. I'm getting seriously tired of this shit.

Anyone else get this problem?

Its not new in the slightest, its what happens when the stat servers go down, it isn't permanent its brief.

keezy

This is a dumb question but if I have premium should I be able to play China Rising DLC now? Is there a separate playlist I need to go to in order to play these maps?

This is a dumb question but if I have premium should I be able to play China Rising DLC now? Is there a separate playlist I need to go to in order to play these maps?

Assuming you downloaded the expansion just look for them in the server browser. You wont get them with quick match.

Is there a server that rotates China Rising with vanilla maps? I don't understand why they don't rotate them into Quick Match? Most everyone gets CR free anyway.

Dysun

Is there a server that rotates China Rising with vanilla maps? I don't understand why they don't rotate them into Quick Match? Most everyone gets CR free anyway.

I find this incredibly annoying as well. There should be some kind of "premium" rotation servers that play all the maps at random

Lancang Dam is nearly unplayable in my opinion in the state that it is in at the moment. It cost me numerous hits and kills last night when I was playing because of the rubberbanding. I would rather they just leave it out of the map rotation if it's going to be like this.

Top Bottom