• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Reveal Trailer At 11 PM PDT, March 26th

Honestly I thought BF1943 was pretty fucking great. They should just take that game, add more maps and expand the gameplay, use the newer engine, and I'm set.

So many people complain about Origin, EA, Premium and Battlelogs.

Oh submarines you say? Take all my money!!

Premium is the best DLC/season pass on the market.
Origin has been steadily improving, in terms of features and sales.
EA is still EA and sucks.
Battlelog hate has always been overblown.

hylje

Naval battles in 1942 we're some of the best parts of the game. There was nothing more satisfying then ramming your ship/sub into an enemy ship just for the hell of it.

Exactly, they had proper support for land troops and were important part of the island maps for giving players moving spawn point. Also subs were pretty awesome.

So basically you want a new game since you want them to update everything
same game same setting same style of weapons. Just update the engine and add more maps. When I say expand the gameplay I only mean it in the sense that it was pretty basic in 1943. Gotta add more to the classes.

Probably pretty much, Dice sucks at balancing, its hard to get excited about this, it just adds to the clusterfuck

Battlefield was never that well balanced, it's large scale was purely about fun large scale combat. Even the classic 1942 had tons of balance issues with it's massive scope and what players could do. It's always been a struggle of nerfing each component, but when you expand game scope it introduces different styles of gameplay to a FPS.

Radec

So many people complain about Origin, EA, Premium and Battlelogs.

Oh submarines you say? Take all my money!!

Same goes for CoDs.

-Fucking Lag compensation
-Awful textured
-Same Engine, Sub HD
-Same old shit

OMG a sea destroyer kill streak?? Day One!

We all have our guilty pleasures. :p

Found something interesting while watching the trailer. When I hovered my mouse between the pause and volume buttons, part of a video came up that wasn't part of the teaser. At first I thought it was from end game but given the art style, I think its part of the video that we haven't seen yet. It looks like a dirt-bike chasing a Humvee.

BF4Hint_zpsc7818dc1.jpg

Grief.exe

Found something interesting while watching the trailer. When I hovered my mouse between the pause and volume buttons, part of a video came up that wasn't part of the teaser. At first I thought it was from end game but given the art style, I think its part of the video that we haven't seen yet. It looks like a dirt-bike chasing a Humvee.

BF4Hint_zpsc7818dc1.jpg

Oh lol

Its an end game trailer. Click on the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=3z4jxkkrrKM&v=wK5f7az5dIY

gillFTR

Naval combat will be cool, but will they make the jets anywhere near as good as they did in BF2. Everytime I get in a BF3 Jet it was perma locked.

KaiserBecks

I'd rather have balanced guns, better destruction, mod support and BF2-gameplay this time. But who knows, could be good.

quartet4

Neo Member
Can't wait! As someone who thought BC2 was a fantastic upgrade from BC1, I pray BF4 does the same thing to BF3.

Which were all removed in BF2 and BF3. I don't expect them to bring the same sense of scale back.

Naval ships and such were in BF2, thats when they went to auto pilot, even BF3 had some naval ships that you couldn't control. Just turrets and deployment options. Doubt they would be pimping sea combat if they didn't plan on expanding it back to something beyond what was in bf2 and 3. The smaller controllable boats still were in 3 already also too.

The way they're marketing this game makes it look like an expansion pack rather than a full-fledged sequel. The distorted sound effects and blue and orange color pallette look like they were taken straight out of BF3. You could almost mistake it for that game. The same couldn't be said of the the jump from BF2 to BF3.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Same, it looks ugly. Why couldn't they stick with the black background? Was there a reason stated?

It's like movies now where you can show a trailer for an M game without an age gate if it's edited properly.

Those get green bands.

Grief.exe

Why cant we just stick to one BF4 thread?
Also dat bass.

Mods want new info to be posted to new threads.

It gets ridiculous when new info is burred in a mega thread.

Not everyone is religiously following the BF4 thread, or has the time to read the entire thread to dig for new material.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
32vs32
With battles across land, air and sea

Just add back the Destruction in BFBC2, Please

I never ever left a building standing

Everybody and their mother destroyed any remotely cover as an Attacker

I miss Destruction 2.0 so much, wish 3.0 can come ; ;

The way they're marketing this game makes it look like an expansion pack rather than a full-fledged sequel. The distorted sound effects and blue and orange color pallette look like they were taken straight out of BF3. You could almost mistake it for that game. The same couldn't be said of the the jump from BF2 to BF3.

Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg

They've been running it for a while, it's the new BF look. That said, I don't expect it to be a major revolution either.

FYC

Banned
Oh my. I skipped Battlefield 3 and didn't really have much interest in 4... But this changes everything. Very excited, don't fail me DICE.

Top Bottom