• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: Reveal Trailer At 11 PM PDT, March 26th

t1364364000z4.png

Battlefield 4 - Prepare 4 Battle: Sea

Looks like a submarine.

Get hyped!

Update 4:

phase5.png

phase5b.png

Update 3:

phase4b.png

phase4.png

Update 2:

phase3.png

Update:

BTW for those who haven't played Battlefield 1942: Submarines were used to take out destroyers and carriers, thus crippling the enemy team.

Moaradin

This would be fucking great if they brought naval battles back. Now we need commander mode and BF4 is sounding amazing.

DTKT

I can't wait because naval battles are super gimmicky. You don't even control the boats, you just man one gun and and the ship is on auto-pilot. There are no submarines and just one type of ship.

/bitter

rdrr gnr

I can't wait because naval battles are super gimmicky. You don't even control the boats, you just man one gun and and the ship is on auto-pilot. There are no submarines and just one type of ship.

/bitter
Bingo. I hope not but expect the worse.

/bitter

You controlled submarines and smaller boats in previous battlefield games. Heck you even controlled the larger ships in the original BF1942

Wynnebeck

Banned
Come on! Tell me you wouldn't be hyped to get in a sub with like 10 other cats and be like, "Periscope Up! Torpedo 1! Fire!"

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm already feeling nervous and claustrophobic, lol. Underwater shit freaks me out.

I hope this means we get a lot of foresty/environmental maps.

Get rid of that urban shit, and have lagoons, waterfalls, and caves, and things like that.

I want to play an FPS out in the sun, or the rain, hear the birds sing, hear the clap of thunder, see the mountains ahead. I swear if they went this route, they would appear much more marketable to COD

Setre

I just can't imagine naval battles in a fps game.

Naval battles in 1942 we're some of the best parts of the game. There was nothing more satisfying then ramming your ship/sub into an enemy ship just for the hell of it.

Top Bottom