• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 development video

"we want to capture the feel of fighting the last boss from the first level"

make that the feeling of the last Jeanne fight and you have my money for the game and a Wii u.

rvy

Banned
God damn, RISING demo, new TW101 trailer and dev video from P* about Bayonetta.

We are not worthy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, didn't Jeanne have those feather whips?

Anyway so that's what P* hq looks like

Carbonox

"we want to capture the feel of fighting the last boss from the beginning"

make that the feeling of the last Jeanne fight and you have my money for the game and a Wii u.

Fixed.

At least that's what the subtitles said. They basically want that epic feeling of the finale available from the beginning of Bayonetta 2.

I'm expecting way more awesome than the Jeanne fight. New enemies look great as well.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man

The new enemies

The new locations

The new Bayonetta

Beyond hyped by so little goddamn

Did I just see a wireframe Bayo with whips on her feet at 0:46?

Looked like Joy's to me but I guess that was from the weird weapon on her feet

need to rewatch

again and again

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The real star of the Direct. The absolute best thing coming to WiiU right now. Wonder if its 2013 or 2014.

why the fuck is this not multiplat :(

Sega hates us all, and cancelled it. Nintendo made a charitable donation for it to be exclusive and thus it was revived. Better this than no sequel ever thanks to Sega's prolonged nosedive into non-existence.

rallaren

Her body and voice/persona are like... two different people. A bit awkward or I'm just old, damn fiction.

those japanese, huh?

Fixed.

At least that's what the subtitles said. They basically want that epic feeling of the finale available from the beginning of Bayonetta 2.

I'm expecting way more awesome than the Jeanne fight. New enemies look great as well.

Yeah, I was paraphrasing.

still my point still stands. The jubulius and balder fights were ok, but honestly that last Jeanne fight is still where my heart was pumping the most.

Still, it's good that they are trying best that. I really wanna know who that lumen sage is in the trailer. The original canon hinted that only men could be sages, but the character in the trailer is obviously female...a turncoat witch maybe?

From the last second of the trailer...first in-game footage?
bayo2lxsy6.gif

Skilletor

As a PC gamer, I wish to SERIOUSLY differ with this statement. With its potential acquisition of Relic, Sega is vastly more relevant to me than EA or Ubisoft!

That doesn't change the fact that it's Sega's fault this had to be revived by Nintendo.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fixed.

Is such a thing even possible?

Looks like it [or a CG cinematic]. It looks more demon-ish than angel, though. Perhaps that could be the change for Bayonetta 2?

Sounds like a job for a professional Devil Hunter. *cue crossover*

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
still my point still stands. The jubulius and balder fights were ok, but honestly that last Jeanne fight is still where my heart was pumping the most.

Yeah but the Jeanne fight in Bayonetta is arguably one of if not the best fights in an action brawler ever. It's pretty much perfect.

Raptor

The game from what they said seems to be even more insane than the first if thats even possible.

Can't wait to see some raw gameplay footage.

Yeah but the Jeanne fight in Bayonetta is arguably one of if not the best fights in an action brawler ever. It's pretty much perfect.

I think Vergil 3 has the slight edge for that little period when he becomes invincible. everybody was like "oh shit!!!" When that first happened to them.

But yeah, with all fights in mind, Jeanne >>>>>Vergil>>>>>>>>>>>fiend Ryu.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just a thought, but Bayonetta 2: Witch Please should have the original game included for those who didn't get to play it for some reason or another. You know, added value and stuff.

Jintor

The last one right? the one with a fucking ten minute long space harrier tribute in front of it?

I get it Kamiya, you love space harrier, now LET ME PLAY YOUR AMAZING GAME

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
The fact that they avoid showing her face during the video makes me thinks we're either getting a new main character or some change in her look.

Top Bottom