• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 development video

TreIII

All the footage they've shown so far, including all but one wire frame, has been cut to deliberately obscure her upper half. Maybe it's not Bayonetta at all.

The main theory I had in mind was that it's actually
her Mommy, Rosa
, and that "Lumen Sage" we saw in the teaser was
Balder
, and this is how the story of how they hooked up prior to the supposed war between the clans.

If it means that we get to play as
a young Balder
and finally get a taste of how the Lumen fight, I'm all for it.

TreIII

With Nintendo publishing it? That seems unlikely.

Not to mention that I don't exactly see Sega "fighting" with Nintendo to get this published on other consoles. Not only because they're not in a good position for such, but who at the other big two is really going to care?

Majukun

her Mommy, Rosa
Balder
, and this is how the story of how they hooked up prior to the supposed war between the clans.

a young Balder

the voice is bayonetta's one,no doubt.
plus even in wireframe,there seems to be rather "modern" environment in the game,that were not present at that age.

plus the cloacked figure of the first teaser seems rather feminine

Beth Cyra

I'm sure it'll end up on the other consoles maybe after a year or so after the Wii U release
I think

Either way for me, this will make me buy a Wii U just for this game. BAYOOOOOO!
On top of everything else Platinum themselves said the game wouldn't be being made without Nintendo, no way Nintendo bankrolls this thing, publishes it and then let's Sega just drop it on the other platforms.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
On top of everything else Platinum themselves said the game wouldn't be being made without Nintendo, no way Nintendo bankrolls this thing, publishes it and then let's Sega just drop it on the other platforms.

You're probably right, but the largest impact of Bayonetta 2's exclusivity will probably be felt right at release and then after a certain point it's no longer a factor in attracting new customers to the WiiU. I suppose it's possible that Platinum could have made a deal where they reserved the right to put it on other platforms after a year or something. At that point Nintendo has nothing to lose and Platinum has a lot to gain. Platinum might not have had that kind of bargaining power, though.

Beth Cyra

You're probably right, but the largest impact of Bayonetta 2's exclusivity will probably be felt right at release and then after a certain point it's no longer a factor in attracting new customers to the WiiU. I suppose it's possible that Platinum could have made a deal where they reserved the right to put it on other platforms after a year or something. At that point Nintendo has nothing to lose and Platinum has a lot to gain. Platinum might not have had that kind of bargaining power, though.
Platinum is just a Dev and have zero power over Bayonetta. Anything that happens with it is directly because of Sega and give Sega didn't renew it contract with Plat this makes it even less likely.

Majukun

nintendo is paying for the entire development.
no way is going to let the game came out on other consoles

KageMaru

That video made me want to play the original Bayonetta again. Hopefully they will have a price drop when this game launches, I'll have to buy a Wii-U for this game eventually.

Great video IMO.

MS published NG2 and that ended up on the PS3. Though I agree with you that we'll probably not see this land on other platforms.

Mugy

Probably. I mean they do exist and the crown design means, they look a bit like their Angel counterparts. Will be cool if Bayo has to fight the summons as hidden bosses or something.

Also is she using Double whips on her legs? :O

Crossover between Gilgamesh and Kulshedra confirmed.

mPhCKE1.png

Roo

I'm sure it'll end up on the other consoles maybe after a year or so after the Wii U release
I think

Either way for me, this will make me buy a Wii U just for this game. BAYOOOOOO!

With Nintendo publishing it? That seems unlikely.

Not to mention that I don't exactly see Sega "fighting" with Nintendo to get this published on other consoles. Not only because they're not in a good position for such, but who at the other big two is really going to care?

Besides, Nintendo will make sure Sega, Platinum Games and everyone involved with Bayonetta 2
sign their souls in blood to keep the game as a Nintendo exclusive.

Nintendo lawyers are brutal so I don't expect any loophole on the contract a la Mass Effect 1 and Microsoft

Majukun

Besides, Nintendo will make sure Sega, Platinum Games and everyone involved with Bayonetta 2
sign their souls in blood to keep the game as a Nintendo exclusive.

Nintendo lawyers are brutal so I don't expect any loophole on the contract a la Mass Effect 1 and Microsoft

lawyers...right
nintendo_ninja_thumb.png

TreIII

the voice is bayonetta's one,no doubt.
plus even in wireframe,there seems to be rather "modern" environment in the game,that were not present at that age.

plus the cloacked figure of the first teaser seems rather feminine

Very true. But if even Cereza couldn't tell the difference between Bayonetta and her mother, proper? Maybe that just gives credence to how much she really does look and sound like her, in which case, using the same voice actress for both characters would be pertinent.

As for the modern environment? Well, now that we know that these people can travel through time like nobody's business, I guess anything is possible.

But I guess the main thing that would have to be cleared up is the "Lumen Sage". How can there be any more, when they were supposedly wiped too, besides
Balder, himself
?

Just finished the game for the first time yesterday... I have to say the last boss was boring for me, I did however enjoy the fights with Jeanne, those had the most pure feeling to them.

A little OT but Nintendo should try to get a Bayonetta port to the Eshop. It would introduce newcomers to the series and build some hype. I'd double dip for that (mainly because I'm stuck with the PS3 version).

Accoun

Maybe stupid question, but is it purely Bayo 2 or are there any moments that could be considered somehow major spoilers for the first game?

From the last second of the trailer...first in-game footage?
bayo2lxsy6.gif

Gomorrah's full body, with no hair surrounding it(i.e. it isn't being summoned and is just there)? Do we go to Inferno/fight demons this time around as well? :O

Also, pretty sure that's in game; that black and red effect that forms behind its arm is similar to the one Scarborough Fair uses for its physical attacks.

Roo

A little OT but Nintendo should try to get a Bayonetta port to the Eshop. It would introduce newcomers to the series and build some hype. I'd double dip for that (mainly because I'm stuck with the PS3 version).

Actually, a fan asked Kamiya about it and he said a Bayonetta port for the eShop is up to Sega, Nintendo and the possible demand from fans
again, I'm not sure if he was being serious or he was blatantly trolling him

MS published NG2 and that ended up on the PS3. Though I agree with you that we'll probably not see this land on other platforms.

MS isn't Nintendo. Their policies are more rigid when it comes to this stuff. Unless it absolutely bombs, it is not coming to other consoles. Not a year after, not two years after, not five years after.

NEO0MJ

Gomorrah's full body, with no hair surrounding it(i.e. it isn't being summoned and is just there)? Do we go to Inferno/fight demons this time around as well? :O

Maybe Bayonetta will have to regain them by fighting them? After all all her wicked weaves were killed in the finale battle.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
her Mommy, Rosa
Balder

a young Balder
Could also explain why her guns are of a different color.

Anyone have a zoomed in shot of her guns on her feet (for Bayo 2)? Even in Anarchy Reigns her guns say "Scarborough Fair, Made by Rodin"

Maztorre

I think they're just hiding her top half because they have a full costume/hair redesign to reveal, the legs and sleeves we've seen so far are already quite different from Bayo1.

Persona86

Banned
As long as they keep that amazing variety the first game had, I'm sure this will be worth the wait!

Also Bayonetta had one of those endings I love in games, when it keeps on giving and the credits were pretty unique too, the extras(artwork, music video) was great too. Hopefully Bayonetta 2 delvers.

Persona86

Banned
I think they're just hiding her top half because they have a full costume/hair redesign to reveal, the legs and sleeves we've seen so far are already quite different from Bayo1.

Hopefully it's like the first with multiple costumes, weapons, accessories, just newer ones this time. :)

Nintendo is definitely keeping it ONLY on Wii U. Bayonetta is even mostly likely going to appear in Super Smash Bros 4, Sakurai was seen visiting Platinum Games and the way Nintendo said they want to help "grow the brand" points to this.

Then without a doubt I feel there's more coming from this Platinum Games and Nintendo partnership. Kamiya a couple years back talked very highly of StarFox 64 and went as far as to say he wanted Nintendo to "come to Platinum and force them to make the next StarFox at gunpoint". I really think Platinum could be involved in a huge StarFox sequel.

Roto13

All the footage they've shown so far, including all but one wire frame, has been cut to deliberately obscure her upper half. Maybe it's not Bayonetta at all.

They probably just don't want to show off her whole redesign yet. (Because that's clearly a different costume.) It is called "Bayonetta 2" and that was definitely her voice, after all.

Maybe is still Bayonetta but she lost her hair powers? That will be an important part of the story and may affect her looks.

Maybe they haven't shown her top half because she's bald now.

Touch screen you know. Or maybe not.

"You want to touch me?" was her first spoken line in the first non-teaser Bayonetta 1 trailer.

Beth Cyra

I thought Platinum had done some work on the game before making the deal with Nintendo, but I don't remember much about the announcement.
They did, but again Platinum Games don't matter because they have no control over Bayonetta, Sega canned the project along with a rumored Bayonetta CG movie. Beyond that they let their contract with Platinum Games run out and seemed just fine with not renewing and give they are scaling back on productions and major release outside of a select brands the project was pretty much dead and buried until Nintendo stepped in from all we can tell.

Given what Platinum itself has said, and the way Nintendo tends to do business it's nearly like asking for Mario on iOS when it comes to a Bayonetta 2.Other games with the IPsure, but that will need Sega with hopefully Plat tagging along.

Nintendo saves the game from being cancelled and all some of you can do is bitch that it's not multiplatform?
It's a Wii U exclusive, stop begging for ports.

Maztorre

Pretty sure this game's community is going to stretch the limits of the Miiverse content filters. Platinum constrained by WiiU hardware confirmed.

Roo

Unless I'm mistaken, this may be the best we got at the moment:

Love_is_Sin.png

or maybe they chose blue because that's Wii U's marketing color palette and wanted to match that...
...and since Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive *whistles* (???)

I was think this as well be then I wondered who would do a good job so we don't have a buggy port? P* is very busy they can't do it

Top Bottom