• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 development video

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone get a look at the accessories on the gun handles in the reveal trailer? (since someone derived meaning from the words)

I can't tell if they're butterflies or something else.

If they aren't butterflies but a different type of insect/animal that's probably the biggest hint towards who this character might be that we have

The main theory I had in mind was that it's actually
her Mommy, Rosa
, and that "Lumen Sage" we saw in the teaser was
Balder
, and this is how the story of how they hooked up prior to the supposed war between the clans.

If it means that we get to play as
a young Balder
and finally get a taste of how the Lumen fight, I'm all for it.

Considering how modern the guns look as well as there being trains and planes I don't think this is the case. It's clearly taking place in modern times

and Rosa looked exactly like Bayonetta anyways, so obscuring her top half doesn't make much sense.

Satch

Banned
her glasses ;___________;

jE5Jdha.png

;____; jeanne ;____;

Roto13

Real talk, guys, I'll be super upset if Bayonetta 2 doesn't star Bayonetta herself. I love that character. Far and away my favourite game character this generation, if not ever.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Is it just me, or did Bayonetta's ass not look as big when she walks away? In the first game, her booty is hilariously, laughably big. Like, almost GAF standard big, but now it looks kinda average. This game better deliver big ass Bayo, or no sale.

Satch

Banned
Is it just me, or did Bayonetta's ass not look as big when she walks away? In the first game, her booty is hilariously, laughably big. Like, almost GAF standard big, but now it looks kinda average. This game better deliver big ass Bayo, or no sale.

maybe its because im black but gaf standard big is hilariously, laughably small

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk, guys, I'll be super upset if Bayonetta 2 doesn't star Bayonetta herself. I love that character. Far and away my favourite game character this generation, if not ever.

I'm pretty open to a new character depending on who they are and why they're replacing Bayonetta. Probably a result of being an MGS2 fan

As long as she's in the game in some form.

Yuterald

Uh, I'm seeing giant faces already and it's only a developer video, hah! So much hype! Platinum, how you know what I like so much, lol!? Game's gonna be hot!!!

Nintendo saves the game from being cancelled and all some of you can do is bitch that it's not multiplatform?
It's a Wii U exclusive, stop begging for ports.

I can understand. PC gamers beg for console games quite a bit also. I REALLY want to play this and don't have a Wii U. What I am concerned about is since it's probably Nintendo exclusive, I have a feeling that it will not sell too well on the Wii U since they are trying to market a game like this with a female protagonist(who is awesome to me) to the "fickle" Nintendo contingent when the fanbase is on the X360 and PS3 mostly. We will see though. The game looks great so far.

Roto13

I can understand. PC gamers beg for console games quite a bit also. I REALLY want to play this and don't have a Wii U. What I am concerned about is since it's probably Nintendo exclusive, I have a feeling that it will not sell too well on the Wii U since they are trying to market a game like this with a female protagonist(who is awesome to me) to the "fickle" Nintendo contingent when the fanbase is on the X360 and PS3 mostly. We will see though. The game looks great so far.

Nintendo fans buy Metroid, with the original female video game protagonist.

geebee

Banned
Uh, you don't get out much? Or maybe I'm just lucky.

I watched the video too many times! Yes I want to touch you, and I got chills when they said the scale is different so its gonna be like you fight the last boss as the first boss. Like god damn.

Boost

Banned
I just cant justify buying a WiiU for this. One game, for a console, yikes. I did enjoy the first one though.

Roto13

I just cant justify buying a WiiU for this. One game, for a console, yikes. I did enjoy the first one though.

"dar dar dar buy a console for one game dar dar" should be bannable. Seriously. If there's a single half-way-successful console in the history of the world that doesn't have more than one game you want to play, your tastes are too narrow for NeoGAF.

"dar dar dar buy a console for one game dar dar" should be bannable. Seriously. If there's a single half-way-successful console in the history of the world that doesn't have more than one game you want to play, your tastes are too narrow for NeoGAF.

I'm so glad you put half-way-successful in there because I was about to start whipping out N-Gages and Jaguars

Fuckouttahere.

Nothing on the wii U bar bayonetta 2 appeals to me enough to buy the console. I don't like most Nintendo games and my third party needs are much better served elsewhere.

Will I play other games once or if i have a wii u? Of course but that doesn't change the fact that if it wasn't the only place to play the sequel to my top 5 fave game of all time I wouldn't of payed it the slightest attention, especially now the tons of stupid drawbacks the system has over it's competition, both current and future.

As it stands, I'm still buying Bayo 2 at launch but it will be a very long time before I have my own system to play it on. I fully intend to borrow a system off a friend for a month or so first.

The PS3 and 360 gamers didn't buy it either.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think all the "controversy" over the platform change did more to help its visibility than anything.

I have alot of "Nintendo friends" interested in playing the first game now since the sequel is coming out on Wii-U which they planned on buying anyways.

I don't think the platform will hurt sales at all. By the time this comes out Wii-U will have a nice healthy install base

Subaru

"You want to touch me?" = we'll gonna se touchscreen interactions.
Reminds me the DS commercial "touching is good!"

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gomorrah's full body, with no hair surrounding it(i.e. it isn't being summoned and is just there)? Do we go to Inferno/fight demons this time around as well? :O

Makes sense. Kick the shit out of Paradiso in Bayonetta. Not really anybody left, except for Inferno. Maybe I'll get to axe kick Queen Sheba into a black hole.

demonessl4i3d.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Too bad they didn't show the beta gameplay.

Fuckouttahere.

Nothing on the wii U bar bayonetta 2 appeals to me enough to buy the console. I don't like most Nintendo games and my third party needs are much better served elsewhere.

Will I play other games once or if i have a wii u? Of course but that doesn't change the fact that if it wasn't the only place to play the sequel to my top 5 fave game of all time I wouldn't of payed it the slightest attention, especially now the tons of stupid drawbacks the system has over it's competition, both current and future.

As it stands, I'm still buying Bayo 2 at launch but it will be a very long time before I have my own system to play it on. I fully intend to borrow a system off a friend for a month or so first.

They don't matter in the current discussion though. All they add is clutter. We don't care about a person's feelings whether they want a console or not - it's about Bayonetta 2.

The franchise could be dead by now if Nintendo wasn't pushing it on their system. Why don't all the Bayonetta fans are happy about this? I agree that if you're sure you won't like any of the other Wii U games it could be expensive for just one game but Wii U is clearly not the Wii and it will get way more multiplat games.

Also even if this is bad in you point of view, stop crying :

"they took our game"
took-our-jobs_480x360.jpg

Speaking about the video, the bridge / metro area seems interesting. I really want to see gameplay with different parts of the game and new moves !

monome

I'm pretty sure her face is shown because they're still tweaking its appearance.

No way Bayo will star a different female protagonist (at least for most of the game) other than the titular character. nintendo paid for it.

and the blue theme is clearly a tribute to WiiU's color scheme.

The game could take place a long time after the first one if they bother finding a reason for that.

Talk of the larger scope gives me a boner.

Didn't play the first game, couldn't remember why I decided not to because I'm in to action games.

"do you want to touch me?"

Now I remember why I didn't play it.

Top Bottom