• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vareon

Query: Who here, for whatever reasons, missed out on or was disinterested in Bayonetta, and given this announcement and surrounding nonsense is is now interested in Bayonetta 2?

Wii and PC owner here, but I'm always interested in Bayonetta. I like the style. It was the game I'll buy if I somehow own a PS3, but hopefully with just a Wii U I can play both!

Ridley327

Query: Who here, for whatever reasons, missed out on or was disinterested in Bayonetta, and given this announcement and surrounding nonsense is is now interested in Bayonetta 2?

I don't care that it's Bayonetta 2 per se (I wasn't a big fan of the original), but I do think that Nintendo really needs to make more moves like this. It's good that they're reaching out to third parties to make sure that the big multiplatform games on the system right away, but it's stuff like this that gets people interested and for them to stay interested.

Me, the former; Bayonetta is one of the games I've missed out this gen I was more interested in, and now this is going to be one of the Wii U games I am anticipating the most, along with Monster hunter ultimate, Pikmin 3 and Rayman.

I had no clue this IP was worth half this fuss seriously only seen videos of it, checked our hours on youtube the gameworld is not really my kind of game, it did not give me any regrets for not owning one of the HD Twins like seeing Red Dead Redemption or even Saints Row The Third gave me. I read this was cancelled so I did not even think of this shift.

So yeah this has peaked my interests a little more. I understand this move by Nintendo an exclusive is nice to have in your library in this business. But this nonsense surrounding this is just very strange.

I have nothing to based my purchase on but the lulz and tears at this point.

AntMurda

I'm amazed at the entire anti-Nintendo and pro-Nintendo internet community. You would swear that Bayonetta sold millions and changed the landscape of gaming. I personally thought it was ok. I beat it. Enjoyed some moments but not top game in my book.

I'm amazed at the entire anti-Nintendo and pro-Nintendo internet community. You would swear that Bayonetta sold millions and changed the landscape of gaming. I personally thought it was ok. I beat it. Enjoyed some moments but not top game in my book.

Bayonetta is not one of those games you just "beat" you have to delve into it and understand the gameplay systems to make it great.

Once yo do that u will understand why it's held in such high regard. I think it holds the record for positive lttp threads this gen.

Forever

Banned

It's the magnum opus of the man who literally created the genre. It's a niche genre so it carries disproportionate weight in online communities, but for action game fans this is like the announcement of Citizen Kane 2.

Grok4Spock

lord, all these new people interested in Bayonetta ;_;

what a joyous celebration ;_____;

No, it's horrible!! The internets said that Nintendo stole Bayonetta and no Nintendo fanbabies should ever be able to experience the game of forever that is Bayo...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No, it's horrible!! The internets said that Nintendo stole Bayonetta and no Nintendo fanbabies should ever be able to experience the game of forever that is Bayo...

Can we move on from this stuff now? Honestly, these posts are just as obnoxious as the ones cursing Nintendo for "stealing" Bayonetta.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

It just so happens that I rented Bayonetta a week before this announcement. I finally got around to playing it last Tuesday (no late fees) and I wasn't really impressed with it. I was planning on taking it back last Friday, but after reading this thread and all the positive/crazy things said about it I decided to give it another chance this weekend.

Ehh, I'm still a bit lukewarm to it. *shrugs* I just don't think it is nearly as good as something like Viewitful Joe, or even on par with Madworld.

Ninjimbo

lol
couldn't help it *troll face*
no but seriously, can't wait to see some official images and promo material :D

CQ2xt.jpg
I'll never understand the people who don't like Bayonetta's design. Look at that face.

zroid

Banned
Bayonetta's been in my pile of shame for a while, but I'm pretty motivated to play it now.

A little hesitant though as it's the PS3 version and I think it not unlikely that they may port the original to Wii U.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
It's probably not even mostly original fans of the game (the OT of the first is only a little longer than this thread), and the game wasn't that popular to begin with

JoeInky

Me, after this thread I bought Bayonetta 1 and Vanquish for my xbox.

Was really impressed with vanquish, those ending credits were way too sakurai-esque though, I loved it.

JoeInky

Both Bayonetta and Vanquish? Good man.

Vanquish is like, the quickest game to make me ever go "yeah, I'm going to like this game", when it got to the training part about sliding and the guy fucking rocket boosts while on his knees.

Bayonetta still hasn't come in the post yet but I'm looking forward to that too after beating vanquish.

Though I will say I felt Vanquish was really short and could have done with a lot more variety, but it was still pretty great, I definitely wouldn't say no to a sequel.

Azure J

It just so happens that I rented Bayonetta a week before this announcement. I finally got around to playing it last Tuesday (no late fees) and I wasn't really impressed with it. I was planning on taking it back last Friday, but after reading this thread and all the positive/crazy things said about it I decided to give it another chance this weekend.

Ehh, I'm still a bit lukewarm to it. *shrugs* I just don't think it is nearly as good as something like Viewitful Joe, or even Madworld.

Tlidp.gif

Good for them. Bayonetta getting a sequel is the good thing, wherever it shows up. Makes the system it goes to a more likely purchase in the long run, although there will still need to be several other titles of significant interest around to seal the deal when it arrives.

After all, I eventually bought a GC only when it dropped to $100 w/Mario Kart and had a catalog of titles I had been eyeing for a while. Picked up REMake, RE0, PN03, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem PoR in quick succession.

I'll never understand the people who don't like Bayonetta's design. Look at that face.

"Beauty" marks look absolutely disgusting to me. I mean it's probably one of my greatest turn offs... that and attached ear lobes. Seriously turned down going out with a cute girl once simply because her attached lobes just made me cringe.

*double checks* Ick, she has that too... No wonder I never liked her design. Still a fun game.

Bayonetta is not one of those games you just "beat" you have to delve into it and understand the gameplay systems to make it great.

Once yo do that u will understand why it's held in such high regard. I think it holds the record for positive lttp threads this gen.

Yeah, its one of those games like Crysis or something that really shines the more you put into it. You can play it in a really boring style and not really have too much fun, or you can go crazy with the tools you're given and make your own fun and get rewarded much more for it. I keep seeing comments from people saying they're still trying to beat the game or something and I can't understand that at all. I played the game like 10 times at least and still never unlocked the final weapon. I think I beat it twice in one day and grinded the hell out of a single mission to unlock the nunchucks. I'd probably still be playing it through every few months if my 360 still worked. One of these days i'm going to have to buy a new one just to play it again.

Roto13

Vanquish is like, the quickest game to make me ever go "yeah, I'm going to like this game", when it got to the training part about sliding and the guy fucking rocket boosts while on his knees.

Bayonetta still hasn't come in the post yet but I'm looking forward to that too after beating vanquish.

Though I will say I felt Vanquish was really short and could have done with a lot more variety, but it was still pretty great, I definitely wouldn't say no to a sequel.

Yeah, Vanquish is definitely more of a score attack game than anything, so it's kind of short. But hey, replay value.

Good for them. Bayonetta getting a sequel is the good thing, wherever it shows up. Makes the system it goes to a more likely purchase in the long run, although there will still need to be several other titles of significant interest around to seal the deal when it arrives.

After all, I eventually bought a GC only when it dropped to $100 w/Mario Kart and had a catalog of titles I had been eyeing for a while. Picked up REMake, RE0, PN03, Tales of Symphonia, Fire Emblem PoR in quick succession.
It's kind of amazing how many people go "I'm not going to buy console X for ONE GAME!!!!" And they do it every time a new game is announced for it. Well gee, maybe buy it for several games, then. Every time you (them, not you who I'm quoting) say "FOR ONE GAME!!!!!" write the name of the game down in a Google Document and see how long it takes you to have more than one game.

Nobody buys anything for one game.

Hakai

I missed out the first one since I didn't own a Xbox 360/PS3, and the game was actually not on my radar. But since people is going nuts over it, I will definitely give it a try.

Plus it is a genre I like, and i want to show some support to this initiative, even more after the crazy meltdowns, I wished this game was a big seller on the Wii U, it would put a lot of interest in other japanese developers. But I don't think this will happen =/

Skiesofwonder

Me, after this thread I bought Bayonetta 1 and Vanquish for my xbox.

Was really impressed with vanquish, those ending credits were way too sakurai-esque though, I loved it.

I recently got Vanquish as well, fucking amazing. I cannot say good enough things about that game.

:p

I worded that wrong, so you caught me before the edit. It's suppose to say "or even on par with Madworld". Viewtiful Joe is a huge step above Madworld, and so far I have enjoyed my time more with Madworld over Bayonetta (probably because of story/dialogue, setting, and style), but I don't think Madworld is some huge step above Bayonetta, it's just more up my alley.

Nibel

Ehh, I'm still a bit lukewarm to it. *shrugs* I just don't think it is nearly as good as something like Viewitful Joe, or even on par with Madworld.

ibtvKdIDUsKLXT.gif

I must assume that you play this game with your eyes closed - it's incredible, and that comes from someone who thinks that Madworld is heavily underrated.

Skiesofwonder

ibtvKdIDUsKLXT.gif

I must assume that you play this game with your eyes closed - it's incredible, and that comes from someone who thinks that Madworld is heavily underrated.

Heh (I go into more detail above) but I don't like Devil May Cry either, and this feels fairly similar to it.... I guess my point is that this play-style might not be for me, or either it just hasn't clicked with me yet.

Neiteio

lol
couldn't help it *troll face*
no but seriously, can't wait to see some official images and promo material :D

CQ2xt.jpg
This is badass. Do you have a high-res version of it? Also, did you change the color on her gun and the ribbons in her hair?

You need to include the SEGA logo to the left of Platinum to be completely accurate, btw. You'll have to readjust the logo spacing so they're equally spaced.

I never played the original, and we don't know enough about the sequel to have an opinion really... But if by interested you mean it's on my radar of news to watch for, then yes...?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

Me. I'd heard of the original, but never played it. After seeing the passion B2 being Nintendo exclusive has inflamed, it is clear that this is the sequel to an amazing, incredible game, and it's definitely on my radar now.

Ho ho ho ho, oh-ho ho oh, my, no.
Well excuse me, but it's just my impression of watching maybe 5 to 10 mins of youtube clips. And considering that I find hack and slash games like Devil May Cry, God of War to contain poor gameplay (sooo boring hacking and slashing waves of enemies all the time) you can see why it would really need to present itself in a way to differentiate from those games, and I'm honestly not sure if it does or not *shrugs*

I really like the visual style that it goes for though.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Well excuse me, but it's just my impression of watching maybe 5 to 10 mins of youtube clips. And considering that I find hack and slash games like Devil May Cry, God of War to contain poor gameplay (sooo boring hacking and slashing waves of enemies all the time) you can see why it would really need to present itself in a way to differentiate from those games, and I'm honestly not sure if it does or not *shrugs*

You need to spend more time with DMC-like games.

Anteater

Vanquish is like 3 times shorter than god hand, play through it on the 2 difficulties and you're done (which takes about 15-20hrs), unless you really like it a lot to replay it but I thought it lacked the variety. They could expand on the combat in 2 though.

Roo

This is badass. Do you have a high-res version of it? Also, did you change the color on her gun and the ribbons in her hair?

You need to include the SEGA logo to the left of Platinum to be completely accurate, btw. You'll have to readjust the logo spacing so they're equally spaced.

Yes, I did change the color on the gun and the ribbons to blue to fit the Bayonetta 2 trailer
and here:

As you can see the Bayonetta pic itself is small (edit: nevermind, I fixed it) so there's not a bigger version
but it does its job and finally I'm not including Sega's logo since they don't anything to do with the game besides owning the IP aka irrelevance

DMC/Bayonetta can't really be compared to games like God of War though. The combat is a lot more complex and it really doesn't get boring at all, it just gets more fun the better you get at controlling it. God of War style games get really boring to me very quickly, but I can play DMC3 or Bayonetta pretty much endlessly

Neiteio

Yes, I did change the color on the gun and the ribbons to blue to fit the Bayonetta 2 trailer
and here:

As you can see the Bayonetta pic itself is small (edit: nevermind, I fixed it) so there's not a bigger version
but it does its job and finally I'm not including Sega's logo since they don't anything to do with the game besides owning the IP aka irrelevance
Thanks for the higher-res. Sega's logo will be on the final product, so I figured you might as well include it, but your call. :)

On another note, regarding Vanquish, the Greatest Third-Person Shooter of All Time: I would love to see Nintendo pick up a potential Vanquish 2. It's a very "game-y" game, the kind right in line with Nintendo's philosophy. The groundwork has been established by RE4 creator Mikami in Vanquish 1; I trust the other talented directors at PG could make a sequel using that groundwork. Plus, the ending of V1 sets up a V2.

DO IT.

I'm very disappointed in Platinum with regard to this decision. To take something birthed and nurtured on the HD twins and then betray the fanbase in favor of an entirely different ecosystem... this is a crying shame.

I won't be buying anymore of your games, Platinum.

PS: I unliked you on Facebook too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom