• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegaNine

Ha! Remember the people who thought (somehow) that the "Iwata Blowfish Interview" from this thread was authentic? Well, they caught us laughing at them... so it seems the jig is up. Some took it better than others:

Gotta love this.
You hear that PF, THE ENTIRE INTERNET!
[Shit] spreads dawg. At any rate, pretty embarrassing!
I'll wait 'til it does
I got quoted? I GOT QUOTED! My internet life finally has meaning!
Oh man! I reached a new level of stupidity.

Time to bathe in my shame.

cttxN.jpg

In summary, this thread was the most fun I've had on the internet. Thank you, sincerely, to everyone who went mad to make it happen. Also, sorry Playfire.

I cannot believe this thread is still going this strong. Admittedly I didn't play the game. However I remember Bayonetta being fairly well received, but not so well to that it would illicit this kind of response.

Amir0x

Banned
I cannot believe this thread is still going this strong. Admittedly I didn't play the game. However I remember Bayonetta being fairly well received, but not so well to that it would illicit this kind of response.

It's got one of the best action combat systems in the gaming world. I hate the story/world, but with gameplay this good kiiiinda easy to ignore.

I just hope they stay classical here and don't try to add any touchscreen gimmickry. Straight action chops plz.

FyreWulff

Also just remembered another benefit of Nintendo publishing.

They pay for better voice actor hiring and directing. See also: Symphonia versus Symphonia 2.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Actually I could see Kamiya, as advisor/producer, suggesting that while the game should play traditionally using the digital buttons, the tilt of the Wii U gamepad should determine the angle of Bayonetta's hips at all times.

It's just the kind of guy he is.

Roto13

Actually I could see Kamiya, as advisor/producer, suggesting that while the game should play traditionally using the digital buttons, the tilt of the Wii U gamepad should determine the angle of Bayonetta's hips at all times.

It's just the kind of guy he is.

Nah, he worked WAY too hard on those animations to screw them up with hip tilting.

It was pretty solid from what I played, but they should do a good job with any new characters. Sega's money situation would mean cheap and fast voice acting..
There is that. :p

http://bayonetta2boycott.wordpress.com/

"Don't worry, guys, we can still play Bayonetta 2 without giving Nintendo any money even though we totally don't hate Nintendo! We can just buy the WiiU and Bayonetta 2 used! Wait... If we are willing to spend money on the console and game used, which will still be fairly expensive, then why are we throwing such a fit?"

I really don't understand these people. The game wouldn't exist without Nintendo so why do they have such a stick up their backside?

Meelow

Banned

This does make me wonder though, before E3 2012 people where begging Nintendo to change the Slidepads to clickable analog sticks and to make a wireless Classic Controller which is now the Pro Controller, people where also begging Nintendo to announce at least 1 amazing third party exclusive announcement at the Fall Conference and Nintendo announced both Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter 3 Unlimited for Wii U which is exclusive and Nintendo exclusive, people also kept asking Nintendo to make the Black Wii U which they did, and people asked if it can release at launch (when Nintendo said "will release someday"), and people asked for Nintendo Land to come bundled with it which it is.

Makes me think, maybe Nintendo is watching for criticism and begging on the Internet and makes sure to fix it.

I don't know, what do guys think of this?

Edit: Nintendo also announced that the Wii U will have 2GB and uses the GPGPU, which Nintendo hasn't since the GameCube announced stuff like that.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Man, the salty tears over the whole internet is awesome.

I may buy a WiiU down the line so I can see what the fuss is about.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
What if Bayo 2 actually comes with the original ala White Knight Chronicles 2? Though the first WKC was already on PS3, but still. :p

I never played the original, so this would be great.

I'd also support a Platinum Games collection on the WiiU with Bayonetta 1, Mad World, Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns.

Roo

lol
couldn't help it *troll face*
no but seriously, can't wait to see some official images and promo material :D

CQ2xt.jpg

Eshop the original-basic port watever. If they go the mass effect route and give us a comic i wont be happy.

Yeah was lame on 8-4 play when they were saying that Bayonetta should just be a digital comic on Wii U. Bayonetta is nothing like Mass Effect and it needs its gameplay to be felt to really get the experience. Would be awesome to get the first Bayonetta at least as a download.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Query: Who here, for whatever reasons, missed out on or was disinterested in Bayonetta, and given this announcement and surrounding nonsense is is now interested in Bayonetta 2?

Query: Who here, for whatever reasons, missed out on or was disinterested in Bayonetta, and given this announcement and surrounding nonsense is is now interested in Bayonetta 2?

I've always been wanting to play it but I have always gone with Nintendo systems because I love their games too. I only got to play the demo on a friends 360 and I loved it. Controls were amazing, loved the art and music and all the little details. This is perfect, bringing these types of games to Nintendo is the best for me.

I have bayonetta on my shelf, still have yet to play it.

The hilarity in this thread has made the game move up my backlog, lol.

I own a Wii and a PC.

My friend lent me his PS3 some time ago, and since he gave me no games I'm interested in, I hadn't even bothered to plug it in. I'm considering now buying Bayonetta as I know I'll have a Wii U in the future. It was the kind of game I had a passing interest in and 'knew' I would never likely play, as I never expected to have a 360 or PS3 in my possession.

I only owned a Wii this gen and none of my friends bought Bayonetta... So you can say I was kinda disinterested in Bayonetta, and well to be honest from the gameplay I have watched it does look like something that gets stale rather quickly.

On the other hand, it has gotten a lot of praise and I have a huge respect for Platinum Games, so yes I'm going to look into Bayo2, but I can't currently say if I'll even rent it.

kami_sama

Me. Didn't caro much for the original, but this announcement has put the series under my radar.

I missed out on the first due to the PS3 port issues + TOO MUCH BACKLOG, but I'd definitely like to check it out one of these days.

TriGen

I am. I own every console so that's not the issue. I've just never been a huge fan of straight action games, I've always needed RPG or adventure elements thrown in. With all this talk though I am definetly intrigued in trying the original, and yes definetly interested in Bayonetta 2 now, mainly because the only reason I buy every console is for games I can't get on other platforms, so when something is exclusive it certainly piques my interest a little more (no way I'd have interest in 1 or 2 with a Bayonetta 2 multi-plat announcement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom