• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYDE

Banned
Watch Jeanne be the main character.

Or Cereza.

I just hope whoever it is can wield a bow that shoots chainsaw arrows... kinda like gunchucks.

Lame attempt at an awesome weapon.
Who can come up with an awesome combination of two weapons such as the gunchucks?

HYDE

Banned
weird indeed byt hey!..

No Arkham Asylum. Gets Batman Arkham City AE
No Darksiders. Gets Darksiders II
No Assassin's Creed I & II. Get's Assassin's Creed III
No Mass Effect 1 and 2. Get's Mass Effect 3

:p

Don't forget Ninja Gaiden 3. Get's Razor's Edge...it'll still probably be a decomposing turd though.

Roo

Or the PS3 version:

No games. Gets Lair.

Hmmm...

aUu6q.gif

Touché

mclem

That being said, if this is the direction Nintendo is taking with the Wii U, things could get interesting. If it's just a drop in the bucket of their usual fair, ala the Wii and GameCube, it's just a waste.

Um, Wii and Gamecube had *very* different lineups.

What i really wanna know is if the game will use the Gamepad at all? Because if it just uses the Pro Controller, the meltdown is only gonna get worse. Or would it be worse with a gimmick thrown in?

rvy

Banned
Cereza (born 19 December 1411) is a small girl, first seen in Chapter Two, who follows Bayonetta for much of the game. When asked where she lives, she replies "her house," and insists that Bayonetta is her mother. She bears a striking resemblance to Bayonetta and it is later revealed that Cereza is Bayonetta as a child.

Yeah, I guess she's Bayonetta. Maybe we'll see some more of Balder and Rosa in the game.

Balder_and_Rosa.png

Slurmer

Banned
People really should be happy since its likely the game never wouldve been made without nintendo. That said, im not getting a wiiu and will thus never be able to play this :(

Drago

Wait. Shouldn't people be happy were getting a Bayonetta 2? I couldnt care less if it was announced for Dreamcast.
We should absolutely not be excited.

I refuse to play this game on an overpriced fake Fisher Price tablet. Call me when the kwl version comes out for 720/PS4

I mean I usually hate moneyhatting, but this game wouldn't be happening otherwise. I honestly don't see how people throwing death threats around can't 'get' this.

people are going to buy Wii Us on launch day and open up the box only for a puff of wizard smoke to come out. the console was never real...

weird indeed byt hey!..

No Arkham Asylum. Gets Batman Arkham City AE
No Darksiders. Gets Darksiders II
No Assassin's Creed I & II. Get's Assassin's Creed III
No Mass Effect 1 and 2. Get's Mass Effect 3

The thing is though all of those are essentially available on the PS360.

The only thing right now that isn't is Bayonetta 2.

And the reason for that seems to be Nintendo footing the bill, ergo I don't foresee a trend unless Nintendo goes on a shopping spree.

Seems something of a Pyrrhic victory celebration.

Hypron

It's good the game is getting a sequel, but damn I hate exclusives (
Every single game should have a PC version!
)... I'm pretty poor and the wii-u is pretty expensive so I doubt I'll be able to play the game until a few years down the road. That's a shame.

This thread and those twitter reactions make me wish gaf was around when Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Metal Gear, Castlevania and etc. Switched platforms. The reactions would have been amazing

"I want to complain to the company that sold me this fake console!!"

old farm jones: "nintendo... why that building burned down fifty years ago"

"Then... WHO TOOK THE PICTURE?"

Wait, I thought this was launch window too. Wasn't that the whole deal of todays events - what's up with the late 2013 speculation?

I can't imagine this game coming out too late in the year considering the game was in development already before it got cancelled. It's probably going to be a quick and dirty port over to the wii u

totowhoa

Banned
one of my friends legitimately wants the game to be re-cancelled rather than show up on a Nintendo console exclusively

LOL stuff like this is nuts. Sega had no interest in funding this game. They should be happy to see it made.

Still need to finish the first one up. Will definitely get on that with the sequel on the way.

Man what great news! I spend all day away from the internet and Bayonetta 2 is announced.

Kinda silly to see all the port stuff though. The game is a next gen title so what does it matter what system it appears on?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
This thread and those twitter reactions make me wish gaf was around when Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Metal Gear, Castlevania and etc. Switched platforms. The reactions would have been amazing

I can't remember there being a lot of reactions to Metal Gear going to the PS1 since the franchise had been dormant throughout the 16-bit gen anyway, and Castlevania had been all over the place for years anyway, but FF going exclusively to Sony.. Man, there were mountains of salt.

Gaborn

We should absolutely not be excited.

I refuse to play this game on an overpriced fake Fisher Price tablet. Call me when the kwl version comes out for 720/PS4

Why should anyone call you when you're already watching the thread and salty enough to post about it? You clearly care enough to pay attention anyway. Although something tells me you're going to be waiting for a LONG time.

Sadist

Oh Kamiya will laugh about all of this.

I'm just baffled at the hatred for him right now and Nintendo.

"Lol Nintendo haz no hardc0re games"

"No Nintendo why u want Bayonetta fugg you Reggie"

Jigsaw

Banned
as a butthurt double betrayed sony fan i won't support this game even if i get a wii u eventually

fuck you sega,kamiya or whoever is responsible for the decision to piss off supporters of the first game

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Why should anyone call you when you're already watching the thread and salty enough to post about it? You clearly care enough to pay attention anyway. Although something tells me you're going to be waiting for a LONG time.

I'm fairly certain he was joking by referring to the content in some of those Twitter posts that were linked to earlier ITT.

Drago

It was a joke regarding the tweets on the last page :p

I have no problems with this being a WiiU exclusive, as I'll probably end up with all the consoles anyway. Exclusives are no problem for me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom