• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

I can't believe how misinformed, ignorant, and stupid some of the reactions are. It seems like people would rather have Bayonetta 2 never exist in the first place, than be available but only on Wii U. At least now it is possible to play it unlike before when it was set to never release.

ArjanN

People really should be happy since its likely the game never wouldve been made without nintendo. That said, im not getting a wiiu and will thus never be able to play this :(

The second part of your post makes it very clear why people aren't happy.

I can't believe how misinformed, ignorant, and stupid some of the reactions are. It seems like people would rather have Bayonetta 2 never exist in the first place, than be available but only on Wii U. At least now it is possible to play it unlike before when it was set to never release.

People want the game to be on a console they plan on buying.
That the game might not have happened without Nintendo isn't much of a consolation if you're not going to get a Wii U.

Himself

I feel this thread has surpassed the Uncharted 3 8/10 fiasco, but can't possibly usurp the FFXIII fiasco...or can it?

The future is in your hands GAF...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
as a butthurt double betrayed sony fan i won't support this game even if i get a wii u eventually

fuck you sega,kamiya or whoever is responsible for the decision to piss off supporters of the first game

What ?

Oh man, this thread keeps on giving.

Himself

People claiming to be Bayonetta/Platinum fans are blowing my mind right now. Isn't TWO games from Platinum enough to warrant buying a console? I was sold at P-100.

I feel this thread has surpassed the Uncharted 3 8/10 fiasco, but can't possibly usurp the FFXIII fiasco...or can it?

The future is in your hands GAF...

It's close..

People getting upset because a game is now going to be on another system as well as the system they own

vs.

People getting upset because a game that would not have existed is now being made for a system they don't own

Linkhero1

as a butthurt double betrayed sony fan i won't support this game even if i get a wii u eventually

fuck you sega,kamiya or whoever is responsible for the decision to piss off supporters of the first game

How were you betrayed exactly? Honestly you're embarrassing yourself.

Sadist

I thought Bayo 2 was cancelled?

It was right? Then I seriously don't understand all the hatred for Nintendo; they actually gave a fuck for continuing the saga damnit.

This post addresses the reason for people's displeasure.
The second part of your post makes it very clear why people aren't happy.

That the game might not have happened without Nintendo isn't much of a consolation if you're not going to get a Wii U.

----

I don't think they'd rather it not exist. But that it exist in a form that they're actually able to play. Rather than a perpetual tease.

I liked Bayonetta. But I'm not buying a system to play its sequel. I'd buy it's sequel though probably were it released on the console I currently have already.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Where does all the Nintendo-hate come from this, regarding Twitter/FB? Platinum seems like the perfect type of studio to do more edgy Nintendo exclusives. High dev pedigree, great history, specializes in wacky stuff, Japan-based. As long as Nintendo doesn't try to force feed them IP's in the future they'd do well to cultivate this partnership, a lot.

If only Mikami hadn't left, we might have seen a really awesome new Nintendo IP... :(

sonicmj1

I can't tell if this is serious or not.

I'm just excited that Bayonetta 2 is still alive. If Nintendo is the only company that appreciates Platinum's genius, I may just have to get a Wii U.

Daschysta

Bayonetta 2, and Rayman Legends exclusive before the console is even released, not bad!

Nintendo is giving gamers reasons to purchase the software, not even counting internally developed stuff.

The Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Rayman, and Zombi U all look like potentially great games, only available 1 place.

I think this may be Nintendo's attempts to stave off people who are "hardcore" and may balk at buying a system that isn't a monumental graphical leap, thus welcome back exclusivity contracts!

As a Nintendo/PC primarily gamer i'm all for it, especially if that means more 3rd party stuff actually pushing the system and using the tablet in non tacked on ways.

Well GAF and internetz, you have certainly educated me today.

Never in a million years did I think Nintendo would drop an announcement big enough to break twitter today. It looks like people are passionate about this Bayonetta thing though. That usually comes from a very good game.

Gonna have to check it out on an Xbox or Wii U if I get it and Bayo 1 comes out for it.

People claiming to be Bayonetta/Platinum fans are blowing my mind right now. Isn't TWO games from Platinum enough to warrant buying a console? I was sold at P-100.

don't be silly, P-100 is a pikmin, no one who is a fan of platinum games even takes it seriously.

Coxy

is there any reason why people are assuming the game wouldnt have existed if not for nintendo? sure the PS360 versions existed and were cancelled but it seems just as likely to me they were cancelled because nintendo wanted to buy exclusivity, or is there something that indicates otherwise? I feel like I'm missing part of the story here

Nibel

I thought Bayo 2 was cancelled?

It was right? Then I seriously don't understand all the hatred for Nintendo; they actually gave a fuck for continuing the saga damnit.

This is the funny part:

It wouldn't exist without Nintendo. This is what makes most responses in this thread so funny. Denial at its finest

Linkhero1

This is the funny part:

It wouldn't exist without Nintendo. This is what makes most responses in this thread so funny. Denial at its finest

Seems like most would rather have it be non-existent than on a Nintendo console. I mean, geez, at least the game exists in some playable form.

the ps3 version of bayo 1 is widely considered the worst port of the generation and then for still supporting it i don't even get the sequel?

You got a sequel, just not on PS3. You wouldn't have gotten one if it weren't for Nintendo coming in to save the day. What's your problem? You said yourself you would eventually get a Wii. Are you not a fan of the game itself?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
What a terrific pickup by Nintendo and I'm really happy to see the series isn't dead. My only hope is that they take a cautious approach with adding any motion gimmicks and keep the gameplay very similar to the first game.

is there any reason why people are assuming the game wouldnt have existed if not for nintendo? sure the PS360 versions existed and were cancelled but it seems just as likely to me they were cancelled because nintendo wanted to buy exclusivity, or is there something that indicates otherwise? I feel like I'm missing part of the story here

There were heavy rumors of cancellation a while back, and some time later Sega confirmed that, outside of a few key IPs, that they would be cutting back on worldwide retail releases and focusing on digital distribution and iOS.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well Sega explicitly cancelled the game before, but since it wasn't actually officially announced it wasn't very public knowledge.

So I was casually watching the stream on my phone at work in our coffee lounge, enjoying it, but whatever, right?

Once the Platinum thing started, and it was obvious it wasn't P-100, and those bullets in slow-motion came up, I literally stopped breathing. That's never happened to me before. For the few seconds between those bullets showed up until the gun heel stomped down, I was in some state of panic/excitement attack. It was strange. And kind of funny.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy about this. And The Wonderful 101.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I will say, this entire situation isn't doing wonders for the popular belief that anyone who buys a Nintendo console is an immature manbabby while people who only played games these last six years on the HD twins are part of the sophisticated grown up demographic.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

SEGA basically announced they were ending all but a few core IPs, and complete silence on the Bayonetta front meant that everyone assumed it was dead.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
the ps3 version of bayo 1 is widely considered the worst port of the generation and then for still supporting it i don't even get the sequel?

Like how the Xbox 1 owners who bought the inferior version of MGS2 didn't get MGS3? I'm disappointed it's not multiplat too, but it's no point in crying over it. C'est la vie, things like this happens. I'm sure the game will be great, and at least the franchise will live on, even if I'll most likely never get the chance to play Bayonetta 2.

This post addresses the reason for people's displeasure.

----

I don't think they'd rather it not exist. But that it exist in a form that they're actually able to play. Rather than a perpetual tease.

I liked Bayonetta. But I'm not buying a system to play its sequel. I'd buy it's sequel though probably were it released on the console I currently have already.

But people are able to play it if they really wanted to. I understand that buying a console for one game isn't the greatest bargain, but it is what it is.

And judging by the many comments against it, it's not even that it's exclusive to one platform. I sincerely believe that it's only an issue because it's Nintendo's platform.

Lagunamov

Platinum Games did make this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WvFPbxj3Y

500x_bayonetta8bit.jpg

Actual Wii U footage? It looks better than I expected.

I will say, this entire situation isn't doing wonders for the popular belief that anyone who buys a Nintendo console is an immature manbabby while people who only played games these last six years on the HD twins are part of the sophisticated grown up demographic.

This is a popular belief.

No hiding my bias here. I'm fuckin' salty.
I'm just going to go hold this 'N' to my chest for a while.
I'll be fine. In the end, I'm glad it will see the light of day.

7threst

I wonder what kind of awesome Angel Attack mini-games they are going to implement in between chapters! Should be fun with the tablet me thinks.

don't be silly, P-100 is a pikmin, no one who is a fan of platinum games even takes it seriously.

It looks great to me. The previews seem to be great.

Don't insinuate everyone is an idiot. Maybe the fans crying, "Waaah. Bayonetta is on WiiU. It's a kids console. My friends in 8th grade won't like me." won't give it a chance. Everyone else will. If anyone actually watched videos and read previews, which I'd expect a PG to do, they'd know it's really nothing like Pikmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom