• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Nintendo wasn't publishing this game, would it be made?

If not, then I can't be mad. If it would have been made anyway ROT IN HELL NINTENDO! lol, so fun.

It was in the making then sega canned it. Now Nintendo wants to pick it up and people are being well.... read the thread lol.

Mxrz

It'll be nice when I can express my frustration about Bayonetta 2 without being put on a wall of shame, mocked or told how I should feel about it. Maybe in a week.

Pretty much any time you dare go against the Nintendo-praise the hivemind "Wall of shame" backpatting bullshit comes out. If anything its predictable.

antonz

Actually, I am pretty sure Nintendo owns a majority stake (or near majority?) in Sora LTD. I would have to look up the percentages to be sure. It is at the least second party and not independent at all though.

Tecmo Koei publishes their own games fairly frequently. Platinum has never published their own titles and their recent publishing deal with SEGA seems to be at an end. The situations are different.

It was Project Sora that Nintendo funded 72% of for Kid Icarus. Project Sora closed this year. Sora LTD is Sakurai studio.

This is just insane whats going on today why don't people complain about a game that isn't on any consoles specifically Shenmue 3. If you want Bayonetta 2 then just buy a Wii U whats so hard to understand.

ArjanN

If anything 360/PS3 owners should be upset at Sony and Microsoft or other publishers for NOT picking it up themselves. There's no rational way to be upset with Nintendo.

It's perfectly fine to be upset with any publisher moneyhatting exclusives.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
So if Nintendo wasn't publishing this game, would it be made?

If not, then I can't be mad. If it would have been made anyway ROT IN HELL NINTENDO! lol, so fun.

It would've been dead without Nintendo. I'm not mad at Nintendo or anything (it was a smart move by Nintendo, in fact), I'm mostly just disappointed no third party publisher or whatever worked out a deal to fund it so that it could've been a multiplat game, but eh, shit happens.

Noi

People are being mocked because the game was dead before this. It was never coming out for the ps3 or 360.

That's fine, and it's a fact I'm perfectly aware of. But it'd be nice if people happy about this turn of events didn't treat the ones who might be frustrated about it like they have an IQ of 5, like so:

Don't you understand? They have to buy a console for a single game. There will be no more games, ever, for the Wii U. Bayonetta 2 has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $350.

Mocking the ones making death threats is fair game though, go nuts.

WHAT ABOUT MY MONSTER HUNTER?!

*Billiechu fades away*

Monster Hunter is nice, but I'm not paying $5,000 dollars for just one game.

*adjusts sunglasses and cane, stumbles over to elephant, grabs trunk, begins feeling*

And I'm pretty sure this big thing is just a long snake.

abadguy

Banned
hypothetically speaking, how upset would you be if instead it was announced as a PS4/720 launch title and you had to shell out 350-400 instead.

Not upset at all if i was planning to get either of those consoles anyway. But what about the people not planning on getting which ever of those consoles coming out? I have seen PLENTY of posts on this forum where people outright state that they had no interest in MS's next console, wonder how they would react if Bayo 2 was exclusive to it, after being multi platform. Now if they really want to play that particular game they would have to by that console in addition to the one they were planning to get. I could understand them getting annoyed at that.

So you'd rather the game not exist and thus not give you the choice at all.

What does not having an extra 300 bucks to drop on a new console have to do with "rather having the game not exist?"

I honestly don't understand how people are just not getting that some would be frustrated by a former multiplatform game going exclusive to a console that they may have had no intention of getting and not being able to play it.

apana

Publishers are dying to fund several year old Japanese character action games made at the tail end of a generation and dumped by the original publisher.

Take Two would cancel GTA V today if they knew they could get their hands on that sweet, sweet Bayonetta 2 money.

Well anything is possible if you can imagine it. Nintendo killing dreams confirmed.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I hated Bayonetta, but I'm happy for y'all getting a second installment. It sure sucks when a beloved series disappears. Congrats, dudes and dudettes.

That's fine, and it's a fact I'm perfectly aware of. But it'd be nice if people happy about this turn of events didn't treat the ones who might be frustrated about it like they have an IQ of 5, like so:

Either you buy the console so you get to play the game, or you don't and deal with it and stop acting like you're owed something. Simple, really.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

It's not really that, it's that there's a large amount that are behaving just like that, as twitter and here proves. Point it shouldn't have been this hard to get over essentially considering the cirumstances. I can't think of a single game that would me get to react even remotely to the way the vast majority that are negatively reacting to this. I mean seriously you don't even have a reason to be angry dissapointed sure but wth is there to be angry about. The fact the game is being made?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If anything 360/PS3 owners should be upset at Sony and Microsoft or other publishers for NOT picking it up themselves. There's no rational way to be upset with Nintendo.
Not upset with Nintendo funny enough, more disappointed with Platinum....though Platinum is technically the guys behind the Capcom 5 (GCN RES)

hwalker84

A new Bayonetta
tumblr_m7iur6rv8m1rnvwt1.gif

WiiU Exclusive
mFCnw.gif

The idea that SEGA "is broke" needs something of a correction..? Their consumer segment generated income the last two years.

I'd say it's more about minimizing risk.

drkOne

Nintendo picks up Bayonetta 2 from the land of the canceled games.
Everyone gets mad at Platinum Games for being sellouts.
No one praises Nintendo for actually caring about a dev we all love, instead they get angry at Nintendo for stealing a franchise.

Yeah, nothing surprising here.

It's perfectly fine to be upset with any publisher moneyhatting exclusives.

So you're saying it should have just died?

Let's be clear here. Sega canned it. Sony and MS were NOT going to step in. The IP was about to be dead. Nintendo is the only reason it isn't. So unless you think Nintendo should pay for Sega and Platinum to make a game that's also for their competition...I'm not sure what you expect here.

This isn't moneyhatting because no one was gonna get it until now.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Not upset with Nintendo funny enough, more disappointed with Platinum....though Platinum is technically the guys behind the Capcom 5 (GCN RES)

Why are you disappointed with Platinum? They don't own the Bayonetta IP, and wouldn't have been able to publish the game themselves even if they owned the IP.

Nintendo you're a mystery
You come along with a destiny
This is your life
Console warriors telling you
Who
You
Are

Nintendo this is your time
You're gonna sparkle
You're gonna shine
Reggie when you fight it looks like a dance
You're magic
You're maaaaaaagiiiiiiiiiiiiic

<3 I love this.

Daschysta

Pretty much any time you dare go against the Nintendo-praise the hivemind "Wall of shame" backpatting bullshit comes out. If anything its predictable.

The wall of shame would have no appeal if these people (who seem to save their zeal for mostly Nintendo, I doubt the thread would be nearly as bad if this were PS3 or 360 exclusive) didn't embarrass themselves. Cringeworthy polemics deserve to be laughed at.

What about every other Wii U thread with any kind of positive news?
Those are usually empty or full of people who had no intention of buying the consoles in the first place complaining that the console they won't buy isn't what they want.

If that's your point, I'm in agreement, but people try and pretend that people simply aren't satisfied with Nintendo as a company. This thread is all about Nintendo doing the right thing for gaming by rescuing the best developer out there right now, and people are angry because they might have to buy a Nintendo console because of it.

No one praises Nintendo for actually caring about a dev we all love, instead they get angry at Nintendo for stealing a franchise.

this_is_neogaf.gif

Pimpbaa

Why do people keep bringing up this strawman argument?

Nobody wants the game to not exist. They want it on a system they're going to buy.

The truth is a strawman argument? Was Nintendo supposed to fund the game for their competitors consoles?

Beth Cyra

Tecmo would be much more expensive, thus makes more sense on a game to game basis. Nintendo could easily buy Platinum exclusivity (with an assurance they will be allowed creative freedom to a large extent.) and not even break a sweat financially.

It would actually be the smart thing to do, or at the very least "sakurai" him. They fill a void in Nintendo's lineup, wouldn't be expensive, yet are highly respected by the enthusiast crowd Nintendo is trying to bring back to it's platform. I predict something to that extent happens within a year.

While it would be much easier, we don't know if Kamiya or Plat would even want this kind of relationship.

My point wasn't that Tecmo Koei is as easy or likely as Plat, but just Nintendo being close to someone doesn't say they want to buy them. Take into account all the times that Iwata has said they want to avoid full buy outs and the fact that Plat is still working on 360/PS3 I see no reason to just start thinking Nintendo is planning to buy them, or that they want to be bought.

Banned

Because they stole "our" games

hahahaha God bless Gaf.

Satch

Banned
There has never been better proof that people simply hate Nintendo for being Nintendo than this thread.
This whole thing actually reminds me of when we had the Project P-100 reveal thread, and there was a lot of hate over a Hideki Kamiya game because it was too cutesy/had bad graphics/was on Wii U/was not Bayonetta 2/etc

Hate. Over a Kamiya game.

Kamiya.

hypothetically speaking, how upset would you be if instead it was announced as a PS4/720 launch title and you had to shell out 350-400 instead.
The prevailing expectation is for good third-party multiplatform support for those platforms and consequently it wouldn't be about "one game".

People remain skeptical that this will ensue for the Wii U; this being first-party published doesn't necessarily allay that skepticism.

Really, really happy to see Bayo 2 rise from the grave. The bitter fanboy tears are nice added bonus.

Now show me some actual media dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom