• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
2la6ihx.jpg

Nasreddin

Bayonetta is officially out in Europe, at least in Germany. And yes, the OP has all that needs to be said. Awesome game! :D

Swag

Nice OP art, still on the fence about this, have such a huge backlog dunno if I'll be ready by then.

Dave1988

I'm guessing you tried to make it as minimalistic as possible (ala the Official Ninja Gaiden II thread), but this is just bare bones. The Action Game of the Forever deserves better than this!

Played the demo, didn't like it.

Way too much crap going on on-screen at once, it's like I'm playing DMC4 while someone is changing the channel. I might give it a rental try later on or wait for it to hit the bargain bins.

Another problem is the whole PS3 is a port problem. If the devs didn't feel the need to ensure the game was 1:1 across both consoles, then I'm less willing to reward them with my money.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dave1988 said:
I'm guessing you tried to make it as minimalistic as possible (ala the Official Ninja Gaiden II thread), but this is just bare bones. The action game of the Forever deserves better than this.
No one checks the OP past the first week or two. Everyone posting here either knows what the game is, or can find out using Wiki or IGN. Info-filled GAF threads are totally redundant.

Dave1988 said:
I'm guessing you tried to make it as minimalistic as possible (ala the Official Ninja Gaiden II thread), but this is just bare bones. The Action Game of the Forever deserves better than this!

No OP can live up to this game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Great thread, Rez, I like the non-ironic minimalist approach. I appreciate the hard work some people put into the typical, massive OP's but it's nice not to have to scroll past a wall of text and pictures. Anyways, the Bayonetta demo really piqued my interest and this is now a day one purchase for me, can't wait.

Just in case someone is curious about it, Bayonetta's Metacritic is at 94 after 14 reviews.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
How will I find out about the weapons, characters, story and metacritic rating if they aren't in the OP?

TreIII

*basks*

Yesssssss....soon more will know of this awesome game to its fullest. As some one playing the import since it came out, it BLEW MY FUCKING MIND that first day. :lol

Dahbomb

OH HELLZ YEA!

6cg3gp3.gif

damme300.gif

Just so some of the newcomers can get a grasp of the amazingness that is Bayonetta:

Gamesradar 10/10

"Better than GOW collection? YES, Better than DMC4? YES, better than Ninja Gaiden SIGMA 2? a HELL YES"

1Up 360 Review of Bayonetta - A / A+

"...and when it comes down to it, is the best game Sega has published in years."

IGN 360 Review - 9.5

"While in essence it’s cast from the same mold as Devil May Cry and the games that followed in its wake, Platinum Games have flourished that template with an imagination that’s impossible not to be charmed by, with Bayonetta’s first five hours enthralling and its latter seven absolutely mesmeric."

Edge Magazine - 10

"A beautiful and graceful fighting game that lets imagination loose, and winks before slapping Dante, Kratos and every other hero back to the drawing board."

Game Informer - 9

"When you’re chaining combos together, switching between weapons, and punishing otherworldly opponents, Bayonetta is the epitome of its breed. It isn’t so much an evolution of the genre as a well-tuned and highly polished culmination of its history."

Eurogamer - 9

"A game that exemplifies so much of what commentators claim has died in the Japanese game industry. A blast of creative brilliance, both technically accomplished, strategically deep and infused with rare imagination, Bayonetta represents the pinnacle of its chosen niche."

Never bet against Kamiya...

Really like the image. Can't believe it's (almost) that time already. Let the spending begin! 2010, record debt amongst gaming population.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Rez said:
No one checks the OP past the first week or two. Everyone posting here either knows what the game is, or can find out using Wiki or IGN. Info-filled GAF threads are totally redundant.
Agreed.

bridegur

Maybe I'm missing something, but the demo didn't do much to catch my attention. It seemed alright in a I'd-buy-it-at-$19.99 way, and I like the very Japanese feel, but otherwise it didn't really hook me.

Top Bottom