• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Jigsaw

Banned
jstadragon said:
If you haven't seen how it runs on the 360, then don't spoil yourself. It is only until after you've played the PS3 version and try the 360's, then you'll see how crappy the PS3's is on a technical level. Constant 60fps, sharper and crisper textures and colors; that's what the PS3 is missing

the 360 version runs nowhere near constant 60fps,the framerate analyses showed that it often drops do 45fps

Blueblur1

_tetsuo_ said:
Something leads me to believe that Bayonetta won't be getting the kind of post launch support that ODST will.
While that may be true, it wouldn't have hurt to put something in there. If I knew Rez wasn't going to do anything I would have made the thread myself. This isn't a fucking Pokemon Rangers official thread FFS.

daebo

a1m said:
So.. they fucked up the PS3 version real good? Nicely done *thumbs up*

I'll be playing something else then.

2mqnoyt.jpg

Nothing is stopping you playing the game on the PS3. It still runs fine.

I'm on Chapter XI. It's my 2009 GOTY hands down and I haven't even finished the game yet. Anyone who remotely likes DMC or GoW style action games should definitely give it a chance.

About the "chessyness", just embrace it the and enjoy it for what it is!! :lol

daebo

BlazingDarkness said:
IGN says there's massive slowdown during busy fights, and there's loading for pretty much everything you do (opening menus etc)

That may be so, but 8.2 doesn't scream "broken" game to me. Shitty port? Sure. Broken/unplayable? Doesn't appear so.

Mar

I couldn't care less about this game until I read the EDGE review. Now I'm buying it day 1.

Any signs of it appearing early in Aus?

Jigsaw

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
IGN says there's massive slowdown during busy fights, and there's loading for pretty much everything you do (opening menus etc)

menu loading is really bad in the ps3 version,when you switch in the menu between weapons and items it loads for like 2 seconds,level loads take 20-30 seconds (where in the installed demo it took 2-3 seconds,we can just hope for an install patch) its really bad when you die in quick time events and have to load the entire level again only to die again within 5 seconds (yes,the quick time events suck donkeyballs in this game)

i played twice through the ps3 version and completed all alfheim challenges,it plays perfectly fine,there are no "massive" slowdowns...ninja gaiden 2 had massive slowdowns,but not this

kdash7

Got my Exported Copy of the game (I have also got a Pal 360)

Just started playing it!!!!! Awesome awesome awesome!!!!

Hellion

Dahbomb said:
EquationFINAL--article_image.jpg

This was made by Gamesradar in their review... :lol

They don't lie. It's basically a Sexy DMC with GOW qte.

Just checked my TRU Pre-order from October and no luck on a broken release date :p....

Persona7

Banned
God damn it I totally forgot about how close this game is. I keep thinking it is coming out in February for some reason. :\

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Blueblur1 said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/Blueblur1/GAF/ChapelleWhaa.gif[IMG]

Seriously, that's downright terrible. Why make the official thread if your OP is going to be empty and utterly pointless? [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373488"]Ghaleon's threads show that OPs can immensely useful and handy months after launch.[/URL][/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363236[/url]

prior to launch, there was this info thread which I maintained for a month or two. it was useful, because we were keeping track of info on a game months away.

the game is out in two (one and half) regions at the moment, and launches in the rest in two weeks. this thread is for discussing the game. should anything of importance come up (patch notes, game-breaking bugs or something along those lines), it will be added. as it stands, as this is a [I]single-player game[/I], the only thing of relevancy is the release date and potentially the pedigree and platform(s), all of which are in the OP. I'm not posting screenshots and videos and a plot synopsis and reviews and all that other irrelevant fluff. I don't work for Sega; this thread is not meant to sell you on the game.

video games.

Nemesis_

Dave1988 said:
I'm guessing you tried to make it as minimalistic as possible (ala the Official Ninja Gaiden II thread), but this is just bare bones. The Action Game of the Forever deserves better than this!

Lucc

that game is freaking good. its so out of controll, its in another dimension!

sega should have had more faith in it and released it with the japanese version everywhere imo.

only thing i'm disappointed about is that it seemed to be an xbox exclusive but sega wanted it for both platforms so they ported it just to make some more bucks. (and did a poor job)

i think its unfair to put all the blame platinum games. they delivered a fabulous game. despite seemingly having a pretty tight budget when creating it.

please sega get the PS3 patch ready for the international release. the game deservs it.

and i'm saying it here and now: its freaking stomping everything yet release into the ground.. with 4 inch high heels!

Blueblur1

Rez said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363236

prior to launch, there was this info thread which I maintained for a month or two. it was useful, because we were keeping track of info on a game months away.

the game is out in two (one and half) regions at the moment, and launches in the rest in two weeks. this thread is for discussing the game. should anything of importance come up (patch notes, game-breaking bugs or something along those lines), it will be added. as it stands, as this is a single-player game, the only thing of relevancy is the release date and potentially the pedigree and platform(s), all of which are in the OP. I'm not posting screenshots and videos and a plot synopsis and reviews and all that other irrelevant fluff. I don't work for Sega; this thread is not meant to sell you on the game.
The official thread is not meant to sell me on the game yet you maintained a hype thread that served that purpose for months...

lolwuthedgehog-1.jpg

In all seriousness, I feel that it was a dumb move but my arguing stops here. I'm sure the thread will be used by many.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ew, stop shitting up my thread with stupid gifs

Lucc

Rez said:

the game is out in two (one and half) regions at the moment, and launches in the rest in two weeks. this thread is for discussing the game. should anything of importance come up (patch notes, game-breaking bugs or something along those lines), it will be added. as it stands, as this is a single-player game, the only thing of relevancy is the release date and potentially the pedigree and platform(s), all of which are in the OP. I'm not posting screenshots and videos and a plot synopsis and reviews and all that other irrelevant fluff. I don't work for Sega; this thread is not meant to sell you on the game.

video games.

Thanks for the thread but i still whised you would have flashed it out a bit more. I mean its a compleatly new ip. Something like that might have worked with GTA, Halo or whatever where the name carries the game. But Bayonetta doesn't have nearly as much name recognition imo.

soldat7

Lots of sore folk around here. Funny how Kamiya's games tend to do that to people. :D

The 360 demo was absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to play this game.

soldat7 said:
Lots of sore folk around here. Funny how Kamiya's games tend to do that to people. :D

The 360 demo was absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to play this game.
It's not Kamiya's fault SEGA made a shit port...

Blueblur1

Are there any retailers in the US selling the game early at all? The few comments I've read on the matter seem rather discouraging.

careksims

Boo fuck yeaaaah! BAYONETTA! Whoooo! So damn hyped for it! There was just no contest between which version to get. I stated in the hype thread I wanted to play this on the PS3, but alas :(

*shakes fist at Sega and PG*

Unfortunately, I'm not in one of those places that have stores selling it early >_<

WHOOO! BAYONETTA is LOVE :D

ultron87

I'd like to thank the staff of the local Best Buy for putting this on the shelves two weeks early and selling it to me. :D

1222092120.jpg

It was from a Best Buy here in Columbus, and I checked another store in the area first and they weren't selling it, so it is probably just the one store.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just beat the game in 12h 58min . One hell of a ride. The last boss fight is awesome, with ridiculous special attacks :lol

Also loved all the references to other games
The outrun and space harrier like stages with the proper music blew my mind, there were lots of other references through the game too

Nobody in Winter Haven, St. Cloud, or Kissimmee FL willing to sell this early? =(

I can't get enough of how fluid Bayonetta's animations are. The attention to detail is simply absurd.

george_us

ultron87 said:
I'd like to thank the staff of the local Best Buy for putting this on the shelves two weeks early and selling it to me. :D

1222092120.jpg

It was from a Best Buy here in Columbus, and I checked another store in the area first and they weren't selling it, so it is probably just the one store.
Holy shit, Columbus Ohio?

Which BB was it?

Edit: Duh, says on the receipt. Guess I know where I'll be going tomorrow!:D

Klyka

Banned
Kandrick said:
Just beat the game in 12h 58min . One hell of a ride. The last boss fight is awesome, with ridiculous special attacks :lol

Also loved all the references to other games
The outrun and space harrier like stages with the proper music blew my mind, there were lots of other references through the game too

Told you your mind would be blown.

Did I promise too much? :D

Monocle

Rez said:

video games.
That's a pretty crap attitude, I have to say. Bayonetta is a new IP. People are going to be entering this thread wondering what the game is all about. If you didn't want the responsibility of compiling a suitable array of information, you should have left the creation of the official thread to someone who wouldn't half ass it. I can only hope a mod will be good enough to edit your insultingly spare OP. Bayonetta deserves much better.

Edit: By the way, I thought the plan was to post this thread a week before the US release in order to avoid having the initial few pages filled with nonsense. So much for that, huh?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sega is doing this game no favors in GameStop. It currently has the worst advertising on GameStop TV I've seen in over 6 months. A girl spitting out random vague details about the game in a PR piece and then a cutscene montage set to shitty, sappy musak. Horrible.

Good luck to this game come Jan. =/ I'll be giving a rental.

btw, the OP is fine. Some of the official threads are borderline PR mouthpieces intent on selling the game rather than discussing it. Dragon Age's Official Thread was great because it was the opposite of that. I honestly hope that the PR OPs are cracked down on in 2010.

remz

That's a pretty crap attitude, I have to say. Bayonetta is a new IP. People are going to be entering this thread wondering what the game is all about. If you didn't want the responsibility of compiling a suitable array of information, you should have left the creation of the official thread to someone who wouldn't half ass it. I can only hope a mod will be good enough to edit your insultingly spare OP. Bayonetta deserves much better.
whysoseriousbanner03sec.gif

Top Bottom