• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Raxus said:
2eofl00.gif

:lol :lol

Bildi said:
Best official thread of the year for what is probably the best game of the year.

Considering the staggered release dates, it wouldn't surprise me at all for this to end up proving to be the best game of 2010 and 2009. As I said earlier, the demo alone was the best thing I played all year.

Next year looks great, but this year has been no slouch either.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Monocle said:
That's a pretty crap attitude, I have to say. Bayonetta is a new IP. People are going to be entering this thread wondering what the game is all about. If you didn't want the responsibility of compiling a suitable array of information, you should have left the creation of the official thread to someone who wouldn't half ass it. I can only hope a mod will be good enough to edit your insultingly spare OP. Bayonetta deserves much better.
I'll edit in scans from the instruction manual asap. Character by character descriptions, plot synopsis, SEXY character art, ESRB rating, system specs, game credits, mini-tutorial and compelling control scheme information coming right up. Fuck. Yeah. Official threads are officially official.

Monocle

remz said:
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae88/6666253/whysoseriousbanner03sec.gif
So original. :lol

Rez said:
I'll edit in scans from the instruction manual asap. Character by character descriptions, plot synopsis, SEXY character art, ESRB rating, system specs, game credits, mini-tutorial and compelling control scheme information coming right up. Fuck. Yeah. Official threads.
How am I wrong?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Monocle said:
How am I wrong?
your, and much of GAF's, obsession with instruction manual content never ceases to baffle me.

ultron87

george_us said:
Holy shit, Columbus Ohio?

Which BB was it?

Edit: Duh, says on the receipt. Guess I know where I'll be going tomorrow!:D

It's the one on Morse Rd near Easton (since the receipt is a bit hard to read).

Rez said:
your, and much of GAF's, obsession with instruction manual content never ceases to baffle me.
So why are you making official threads if you hate what they are? I agree with this guy, op sucks.

day one on the game for me.

Monocle

Rez said:
I don't think you should include instruction manual content. I'm not sure where you got that idea. I think you should include links to the demo, the official blog, and the demo impressions and hype threads, which are already filled with videos, information, and discussion about the game. You might also add links to several of the combo videos on Youtube that showcase Bayonetta's combat system.

After reading the IGN PS3 review I don't think I'll be playing this now. For one, I prefer the PS3 controller more than the 360 when it comes to action games, and B. I still find it ridiculous that a company in this day and age cannot release a game that is equal on both systems when so many other companies have, and therefore it's hard for me to justify buying it.

Maybe I will one day if I find it in the clearance bin....

Wutdaheckman said:
did everyone see IGN's review? xbox360 - 9.5 ps3 - 8.2

are difference THAT big of an issue??

i'd like to hear some more first hand opinions.

I've played the PS3 demo and thought it looked pretty bad. What kills the PS3 version the most is just how low resolution the textures look. The whole game looks completely washed out like the typical low budget PS2 ports were back in the day.

Shurs

Rez said:

Perfect OT, Rez.

Pay no mind to the nerds who want a viral marketing mini-site for their Official Threads. The worst is when people post the controls of the game. Does anyone really want that? Do some people sit, staring at their computer screen, with a controller in their hand, practicing their skills in advance of the game's release?

goldenpp72

MidgarBlowedUp said:
I've played the PS3 demo and thought it looked pretty bad. What kills the PS2 version the most is just how low resolution the textures look. The whole game looks completely washed out like the typical low budget PS2 ports were back in the day.

ps2.. ps3, ps2?

wii bayonetta confirmed?

Why is it his responsibility to show the game to people? People can go find the Wikipedia entry themselves, since that's basically all official threads are, minus the 200mb of obnoxious images and viral marketing rhetoric.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rez said:

Screenshots, videos, reviews, etc are not pieces of "instruction manual content".

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Why is it his responsibility to show the game to people?
Because he made the official thread? Why would you make an official thread if you hate official threads? It's an amusing pouty little statement to try to get attention and pats on the back.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I regret not including in the OP is a link to the demo, specifically the PS3 one. But as far as I know, that's impossible for the PS3?

elrechazao said:
Because he made the official thread? Why would you make an official thread if you hate official threads? It's an amusing pouty little statement to try to get attention and pats on the back.
Or maybe he just wanted to make a place for discussion, but didn't feel like dedicating more time to the thread than he'd spend playing the game it's for? If he didn't stop someone else from making it by calling it in advance (which he might of, I don't know) who cares?

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Or maybe he just wanted to make a place for discussion, but didn't feel like dedicating more time to the thread than he'd spend playing the game it's for? If he didn't stop someone else from making it by calling it in advance (which he might of, I don't know) who cares?
Who cares? Op apparently, since the thread is clearly about him getting attention, not about the game. I don't care though, I'm only here to discuss a game that I'm greatly looking forward to. I just found the self wanking posts by the op to be amusing.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Official thread could have used some more love by the OP :) This is one of the poorest efforts, makes me wonder why he even created the official thread. I am sure someone else would have gladly put some more effort into it and included some screenshots and review scores.

Looking forward to playing it though!

ZealousD

BobFromPikeCreek said:

Well, he did post the official thread a whole week before he was suppose to...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Shouldn't the word 'sexy' be in the thread title somewhere?

Monocle

Here's a minimal update, Rez. This is really all I'd have expected to see in the OP. Why don't you save yourself some work and edit it in?

Demo
Bayonetta Demo (360 version)

Info
Bayonetta Hype Thread (Lots of videos and info in the OP, impressions of the demo and full game throughout the thread.)
Bayonetta Demo Impressions Thread of the Evolution of Action Games (Gameplay info in the OP.)
PlatinumGames Bayonetta Blog
(Detailed information on every aspect of Bayonetta, straight from the developers.)

Videos
Combo Mad
Combo Overture
Hard Mode Combo Gameplay
Isedelica's 360 Demo Playthrough
Combo Mechanics Exhibition

ZealousD

BobFromPikeCreek said:
I thought it was two weeks.

Common misconception. FAQ forum states one week. The NSMBWii and Assassin's Creed II threads were posted two weeks before and were locked until the one week mark.

remz

ZealousD said:
Well, he did post the official thread a whole week before he was suppose to...
Game is basically out in the US and parts of Yurop now anyway, so now's a good a time as any other.

Well anyway, I'm just commenting on the view that official threads need to be gigantic and not the intentions behind the OP. If he did it to cockblock someone who wanted to make a humongous thread, that's a different story. I think big official threads are obnoxious, but I can't think of any real reason why someone should be prevented from doing it if that's how they want to spend their time.

Draft

Rez,

Seriously, don't let any of these idiots dissuade you from your course of action.

You are right, they are wrong.

That OP is finished, and doing even one little thing to it would be a travesty.

You want reviews, go to Metacritic. You want screenshots, GIS.

Morons.

Monocle

Draft said:
Rez,

Seriously, don't let any of these idiots dissuade you from your course of action.

Morons.
You mad?

Draft said:
Rez,

Morons.
It's also hilarious how much you seem to care. IDIOTS AND MORONS LOLZ

Who knew there was an anti screenshot gaf? Of all the things to be hysterical about :lol :lol :lol umad.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
canova said:
I thought there's a rule can't have official topic till a week before the release.

where's the mod
The game was released in Germany recently, and is being sold early all over the world.

Top Bottom