• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Bloodyfate (movie, Gonzo) [Up: YouTube Trailer]

is it too late to recancel Bayonetta 2

Sega pls use your hope-crushing powers you've built up after years of destroying Yakuza/VC fans' dreams

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gonzo
yE030JI.png
QQJUwUJ.png
GEvVCND.png

So what's Sega's plan for this series? Cancelling Bayonetta 2 (thus Nintendo saving it on their own dime) but making an anime movie for it?

KarmaCow

So was this just so far in development that Sega decided to say screw it, might as well finish it? This is just bizarre.

Jawmuncher

I'm still amazed how botched the DMC anime was. Seriously didn't seem like a hard thing.
Glad I wasn't on that creative team.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Looks better than the DMC anime.

Yeah. It seems based on the actual storyline of the game so that's something I guess.

Gonzo means we will be getting style over substance... which I guess is fine.

My problem with them is that they seem to suck out all the personality of the games. The trailer seemed consistent with the tone of the SF4 movie. Which was very serious slow and dull inbetween the fight scenes.

Which is like everything Bayonetta is not.

but hey if it makes the franchise more visible go for it. I'll probably buy the bluray if it comes over here.

Persona7

Banned
So was this just so far in development that Sega decided to say screw it, might as well finish it? This is just bizarre.

Maybe they are striking while the iron is hot. Bayonetta 2 will cause a surge in popularity even if it doesn't sell and Sega will get a portion of profit from those sales either way.

Mr. X

Nice but still hoping someone involved with the game's story has some authority (not gonna happen).

It can be fun.

Top Bottom