• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta now up for "free" on Xbox Games With Gold

Noobcraft

Also curious about this!

Is xbox live different that PS Plus? On ps plus you lose access to the game if not subscribed. Do you keep it forever on XBL?
You keep 360 games forever regardless of subscription status. XB1 titles work like plus though.

THE SHADOW REMAINS CAST
bayormuv0.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
It is free though.

Even if your gold lapses, you get to keep Bayonetta. You're not "renting" it like Xbox One and PS3/4 games.

Keinning

I remember playing the demo and that was it
First time i'll beat it, seems fun

It is free though.

Even if your gold lapses, you get to keep Bayonetta. You're not "renting" it like Xbox One and PS3/4 games.

Don't go down this rabbit hole, nothing of value will come from there

Let's just keep the quotes and have a peaceful thread for once

D3VI0US

Solid but highly overrated (as Platinum Games is in general) game IMO.

Agreed, I loved DMC1-3 and Ninja Gaiden but just never really got into this series. Might give it another shot but maybe I'm just over the genre. Bayo is more polished tan DMC but at the time it wasn't the next gen leap I was looking for, felt like more of the same.

Miker

DF says the XB1 BC is the best console version of Bayonetta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zll8sayyHZk

From memory for the console versions of Bayonetta:

360 via Xbox One > Wii U > 360 >>>>> PS3

DF had a good frame rate test video.

I'd say 360 > Wii U. The original DF face off when the Wii U version came out didn't really address the terrible slowdown during Witch Time, though it may run a tiny little bit better during normal fights. The newer DF video linked above after it came out on Xbone BC shows how bad the Wii U version is during Witch Time. Regardless, the Xbone BC version is the best console version.

the PC version is glorious at 4K60

I'd say 360 > Wii U. The original DF face off when the Wii U version came out didn't really address the terrible slowdown during Witch Time,

Every version haa slowdowns in Witch time. WiiU & X360 have equally bad slowdowns there, a big advantage of the WiiU version is full Vsync (no screen tearing) better shadows and better reflections (and additional costumes for Bayonetta).

dickroach

I played the Wii U version for an hour or two last year. the loading times on the XOne version are a fraction of what they were there.

Solidsoul

Banned
I must thank you, as today my Gold expires and this thread led me to searching Xbox Store and claiming my free copy before tomorrow!

Miker

Every version haa slowdowns in Witch time. WiiU & X360 have equally bad slowdowns there, a big advantage of the WiiU version is full Vsync (no screen tearing) better shadows and better reflections (and additional costumes for Bayonetta).

I can't find a direct comparison with the Fortitudo fight at the bridge, but I'm pretty sure the Wii U has worse slowdown than the 360. The Wii U just doesn't do well with heavy alpha effects.

Top Bottom